Wednesday, July 26, 2017

What's Up Wednesday: July 2017




I am linking up with my usual Wednesday girls - Jessi and Jenn for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday and Shay for What's Up Wednesday.

What I'm eating this week...

Monday: Veggie burger, topped with tomatoes, pesto and avocado all mixed together
Tuesday:  Pesto Rigatoni 
Wednesday: TBD
Thursday:  TBD
Friday: TBD

Can you tell I didn't meal plan this week?  I am really trying to use what I have on hand, so meals are just coming together that day or night!

What I'm reminiscing about...nothing, really!  If anything fall - after this crazy hot weather we have been experiencing the past few weeks, I am ready for cooler temps...and the opportunity to wear some of my Nordstrom sale items!  

What I'm loving...pesto!  I bought some at the store this weekend to make a caprese salad and now I want it on EVERYTHING!  I am seriously obsessed.

What I've been up to...looking back, it seems like another busy month.  The month started off with an unexpected trip to Fulton, MO and some pool time.  This it was VACATION!  I know I say this all the time, but Michigan is just my favorite place and I love being able to see my family.  It was even more extra special because my cousin (who lives in Arizona) surprised us all by coming!  I celebrated a friend's birthday the following weekend, which turned into a full day and was a ton of fun.  The day consisted of a winery stop, trampoline park and hibachi grill.  This past weekend was another fun one - I met up with my best friend for lunch (it had been too long!) and then attended a new church, which I absolutely loved!  I am not sure what this final weekend of July will bring, but I am ready.  In between all the fun, work has been on the busier side (although seemingly less busy than normal for a quarter-end).  

What I'm dreading...nothing really!


What I'm working on...the never ending organizing cycle.  I cleaned out my closet a bit, but still feel like I just have so much stuff, and I know I don't wear enough of it.  I also have a few drawers that could use another go through, and I feel like my kitchen counter tops could use a little refresh as well.  I don't have a ton of space in my apartment, so it's important to keep things uncluttered, but unfortunately, I have a lot of stuff and like a lot of my stuff, so it's just finding how to store / organize things the best.  I think I have made some good progress, but you would think I would have figured it all out in the last 3.5 years!


What I'm excited about...nothing really!  I hope that doesn't sound bad - I am not unexcited (is that a word?) about things, just nothing is jumping out at me while I am doing this post!


What I'm watching...Shooter just came back on and I am so excited about that!!!  Also, Real Housewives of OC is back.  I am curious t
o see what all goes on this season.  Oh, and Shahs of Sunset - Reza just cracks me up (and I love Adam), not to mention MJ and Tommy moving into the same condo building as her mom...oh my goodness.  I can't imagine!  

What I'm reading...right now I am reading China Rich Girlfriend.  I enjoyed the first book, Crazy Rich Asians, but this one took me a bit to get into it.  I feel like it's kind of hard to keep all the people straight!

What I'm listening to...same as last month - country!


What I'm wearing...this questions should be what I wish I were wearing, because that would be all of my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale purchases!  I am so ready for fall weather / clothing.  I feel like I have been in a bit of a clothing rut lately, so this week I have been doing something a little different.  I cleaned out part of my closet not too long ago and I kept out 4 shirts that have just been sitting in my closet and decided to wear them this week.  Just to help me switch it up a bit.  This way, too, I can figure out if they are really something I want to keep or not.


What I'm doing this weekend...no plans - the weather is supposed to more bearable / nice this weekend, so I am hoping to get out and enjoy it!

What I'm looking forward to next month...my nephew turns 2!!!  I am excited to celebrate him and see my family again.



Bonus Question: What is your favorite thing about summer...I have to tell you - summer isn't really my favorite season.  Summer just isn't the same when you work year-round.  Not to mention, it is often hot, hot, hot and humid.  That being said, I do love vacationing at the beach with my family, and days at the pool.  Lighter meals are always great, too, when you can really enjoy all the fresh produce of the season.  No surprise there - some of my favorite things any time of the year include family and food, so why should summer be much different?! 

18 comments:

  1. Yes, I have to agree with you that summer probably wouldn't be my favorite either if I didn't get 3 months off!! I love the idea of pulling out shirts that you haven't been wearing and either forcing yourself to wear them or get rid of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shooter? What is this show? I am also trying to read Crazy Rich Asians but I am struggling. Tell me it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely glad all my favorite Bravo shows are back :) I haven't watched shooter before but I'll look it up! xo,Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love pesto! Of course I finally read the label on my favorite and realized it's full of parmesan cheese so there's that. haha Glad you got away a bit! I'm with you...by August I'm over the heat of summer and ready for the fall temps to arrive. Have a super Wednesday Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lately whenever I've made homemade pizza for us, I sub pizza sauce for pesto and it's so so good! Add in some red onions, turkey pepperoni, and your mozzerella cheese and it's simple but so good!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes its nice to have nothing on the horizon to be overly excited about and just enjoy life! The second birthday will be such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do the same thing with my clothes!! If there are pieces I'm iffy about I line them up and wear them everyday to decide whether to keep or get rid of them. It really works! Those veggie burgers sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im like you in that I feel like Im always working on organizing things myself esp my clothes and closet in general.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm right there with you when it comes to being ready for fall clothes/weather. Fall clothes are my favorite! And I definitely wouldn't love summer much if I had to work during the summer months, I completely get that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pesto!! I too am not crazy about the summer since I work six days a week and the summer is so busy at both jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pesto is so good. Organizing is an ongoing battle around here :) Hahahaha! I know that next month our mornings and evenings are going to be a little cooler and I am can't wait but I am trying to hold on to summer for as long as possible...but I do LOVE fall :) I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, pesto sounds so good right now! It just feels light for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love pesto too, but I've only ever had it at restaurants. When you buy it at the store what section is it usually in?

    And girl, I'm right there with ya on summer... it's just not my favorite either. It lost all its luster when I started working full-time after college. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why is the organizing cycle never ending?! I swear sometimes I want to just throw away everything so I don't have to deal with it lol. Your Michigan trip sounded like it was so much fun!

    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love pesto, too! Organizing always feels like a never-ending task, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a great month to me. I love pesto too and would totally put it on anything I could find! They need to make pesto chips... And the same here with hot weather. We can't catch a break, and never do during the summer anyway. So my fantasies about all of the great fall clothes on Nordstrom's sale is a bust.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe Fall is almost here and I am super excited about it too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Caprese salad is delish! If you like salmon, I love basting pesto on fresh salmon and baking for about 15 mins. So good and an easy weeknight recipe! Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete