Monday, July 31, 2017

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Friday was the end of the quarterly busyness at work, which is always such a relief!  I capped off work with a quick happy hour and then it was early to bed for me.  And when I say early, I mean like 8:30.  I was tired!!

Since I was out so early the night before, I was up bright and early on Saturday, which was great because I got my cleaning done and a walk in (the weather was so gorgeous!) all before some Panera and Starbucks for breakfast.  Not too bad of a way to start off the day!  We watched Pele (on DVD) in the afternoon - such a good movie!  If you aren't familiar (because I definitely wasn't), Pele was a football (soccer) star from Brazil.  He has an amazing story.  If you love a good heartwarming, sports story, this is definitely a movie you should watch!  I spent some time by the pool yesterday, made some popcorn for dinner and then had another relatively early night.  

I was up early again on Sunday, because I wanted to get the gym and grocery shopping in before heading to church.  It was in the low 60's when I was heading to the gym!!!  How crazy is that??  A bit of a tease, because it got into the 80's during the day, but I love a cool morning!  With those two things out of the way, I headed on over to church for my second Sunday.  I am happy to say, the second visit was just as good as the first!  I honestly was worried that it wouldn't be as good because I had some really high expectations, but it was another success.  Everyone is just really warm and welcoming, without being too much, if that makes sense.  I finally did my Nordstrom Sale returns.  I had quite a few, and was kind of embrassed at the amount I was returning.  I mean I did keep a whole bunch, but I over ordered, knowing some things wouldn't work, and I just felt like it was a lot.  But then I ran into a girl as I was leaving that had 5+ bags of items which looked to be returns, so I didn't feel as silly.  I was really craving chili last week, so I decided to give Mix & Match Mama's Beer Cheese Chili a try.  I actually made it to eat on Monday.  I feel like chili is one of those perfect make ahead meals, because the longer it all sits and melds together, the better.  And I know I will be happy when I come home and all I need to do for dinner is heat it up!  We headed to the movies to see Girls Trip.  I was super excited because all the commercials and trailers just cracked me up.  It did not disappoint - super funny, yet serious at times and overall very good.  Beware though, it is pretty raunchy, but if you don't mind that, then it's a definite win.  The rest of the evening entailed TV shows and relaxing before another work week.

Happy Monday!

Linking up with Biana.

13 comments:

  1. Love being up early on the weekends and sounds like you were so productive too! I deal with quarter end too and it feels like it's never ending this time around! xo,Biana- BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice low key weekend. So glad you had a great Sunday at church. I am returning most of my nordstrom sale order as well. I love chili and it will be so nice to be able to eat that throughout the week. We shockingly are having some cooler no humidity days here. This morning feels almost fall like..such a tease! Have a great monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! Jared and I are talking about going to see Girls Trip this weekend so I'm glad to hear it was good. SO glad you had another good experience at church!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had such a perfect weekend! I'm so impressed you got in a workout before church! We go to the early service which means we leave our house by 8:40 so there's no way I'm working out before that haha! I did make the comment as we were leaving our house that it would be a perfect morning for a run because it was so much cooler! I've made Shay's beer cheese chili and it's so good! You should make her beer cheese joes too!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for getting an early start to your morning on Saturday! You really got a lot accomplished before breakfast! And I'm so glad that the second visit to that church was just as good as the first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Early and at em' girl! Now you have me hungry for chili! Yum! Happy Monday beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weather was kind of crazy here all last week too. It felt like fall for a few days. I love the summer but definitely don't mind a break from the humidity. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our weather here was amazing this weekend, too! yesterday when we woke up it was in the mid-sixties and the humidity was down to about 50%! I told B it was time to grab a sweater. Haha. The humidity is what usually kills us down here during the summer, so to be sitting at 50% humidity today instead of 100% makes a HUGE difference!

    I'm so glad that you had another great Sunday at your new church... it sounds like you may have found your permanent home. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a nice weekend! I think I have that chili recipe pinned, but haven't actually made it yet. I might have to add it to our meal plan for next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great weekend! Glad the church is still as good as before. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cooler temps and lower humidity was a pleasant surprise Monday morning here. Just a taste of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you accomplished so much this weekend-- it makes me feel like I need to start waking up earlier. So glad to hear your second time at the church was just as good as the first!

    ReplyDelete