Monday, July 3, 2017

Weekend Recap: First Weekend of July

Happy Monday!  This Monday definitely seems better than others, knowing Tuesday is a holiday!

This weekend had a little bit of everything in it - relaxation and fun!  It started with some ice cream from my favorite place, Sheridan's.  I call it ice cream, but really it's custard.  Either way - so good!  I called it an early night, because I was so tired.  I did watch RHONY, though.  That was one of my favorite epsiodes so far - it was cracking me up the shennanigans those ladies get themselves into!

I was so, so lazy Saturday morning.  I laid around in bed for awhile, then moved to the couch for some Hallmark movies.  I saw a really cute one that was a few years old, Chance at Romance.  Definitely a winner if you see it on again.  The afternoon brought an impromptu trip to Fulton, MO.  The last time we made a little day trip there, we stumbled upon a little festival, Morels & Microbrews, and had the best time.  The town was super quite this visit, though, and while we got there a little too late to fully enjoy the museums, we did some antique shopping, bookstore browsing and had a yummy dinner at Bek's.  The night ended watch Nashville, which we are way behind on.  We actually watched the last episode of last season which was SO SAD.  I don't remember a show I have cried at more in a long time.  I then caught the end of The Notebook, which again brought on tears, so needless to say, I was emotionally drained when I called it a night.  It's amazing how shows can do that to you!



I was up and at 'em early Sunday morning, knocking out the gym, Target and the grocery store.  I enjoyed some time at the pool, before heading back to try a new recipe, Hawaiian Kabobs, for lunch.  Since I only have my grill pan to use for grilling, and my skewers are a little too big for the pan and won't lay right, I just cooked everything all together instead of making them into kabobs, which I think worked out just the same.  I made myself an after lunch coffee, my homemade coconut milk mocha macchiato, which I will be sharing this week with you all!  I hadn't made it in some time, and boy did it hit the spot.  The rest of the another was a mix of laundry, dishes and reading.  My DVR has been filling up like crazy, but all I have been wanting to do is read lately.  Does anyone else go through phases like that?




If you are working like me, hope the day goes by quickly, and if you are enjoying an extended holiday weekend, hope you have a great time with your celebrations!  I will see you all back here on Wednesday!

Linking up with Biana

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! That coffee drink sounds delish! And I'll have to try out that kabob recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! I also am into reading right now! I read three books over my honeymoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun weekens- more reading time and pool time! Yay! Hope your Monday goes quick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm at work today just like you! I definitely know what you mean about going through phases when it comes to reading and watching TV! The good thing about DVR is that it'll be there for a while when you feel like a good binge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for you to share that recipe! And I just started to watch the latest RHONY episode and I got to see Dorinda do the clip part and then it froze and cut off! So I'm having to wait until it comes back on Wednesday night to watch...boo!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crazy Rich Asians by the pool? Yessss!!!! Also, stoked that the next Real Housewives is so good - can't wait to watch now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice relaxing weekend! Have a great fourth tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great weekend. I'm working today too but excited to relax tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking about getting a grill pan... I have one of those 5-in-1 cusiniart griddle things (it does panini's, waffles & grills things), but it doesn't really get hot enough for things like steak. I kind of want one that I can throw in the oven.

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  10. That asian dish looks so yummy! Soak up some poolside sun for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those Hawaiian kabobs look amazing! I need to get a grill pan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those kabob ingredients sound delicious! We've been having some version of kabobs lately so I'll have to give your Hawaiian ones a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg last seasons Nashville + The Notebook = so many tears! Way to much for one night! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those kabobs....yum! I always forget about putting pineapple on the grill!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a fun weekend! Those kebobs look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh everything on those "deconstructed" kabobs you made look so good. I am loving pineapple right now. What a great weekend, and I hope you enjoyed your 4th, too!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those Hawaiian kabobs look delicious! And I am majorly jealous of that pool-it looks so nice out there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pool time sounds so nice!!! And yum those kabobs look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete