Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Recipe Round Up: June 2017

Time for another recipe round up!


TPW_9473
Pork Chops with Garlic and Wine from The Pioneer Woman.  One of my June goals was to make 2 cookbook recipes (from the Dinnertime cookbook) and this was one of them!  It was a success overall, even though it didn't turn out quite right.  The pork chops were cooked perfectly and very flavorful, but I think I burnt the sauce a bit and it reduced a whole lot.  That may have been because I cut down the recipe to just two servings, or maybe I just needed to cook it less.  Or because I was trying to make it a bit healthier and didn't include the butter.  Regardless, it was good!  Definitely one I will make again.


3-Ingredient Protein Pancakes
3-Ingredient Protein Pancakes from Southern Curls & Pearls.  I love pancakes.  It's kind of funny, because growing up, pancakes were my brother's favorite, but I always asked my mom to make French toast.  Lately, though, I have been loving pancakes (although nothing can replace my mom's French toast).  I wanted to try this recipe out because it seemed super easy and it was healthy!  Well, I have to say my first attempt wasn't that successful.  The banana flavor is a little more pronounced than I thought it would be (not a bad thing, just not what I was expecting), and I probably should have used a little bit more chia seeds...not to mention I burnt most of them.  Whoops!  On the plus side, I ate them (I wasn't going to let them go to waste!) and they really filled me up!  While the execution wasn't necessarily there for me the first go around, I do plan on trying them again!


SKINNY BAKED SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS are our favorite healthy dinner! Such an easy recipe that everyone will love. Made with greek yogurt instead of sour cream! Perfection.
Skinny Baked Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas from the Cookie Rookie.  I actually got this recipe from Southern Curls & Pearls (post here), too.  I love Mexican and the fact that this was so easy and healthy, it was a must try.  Overall, it was pretty good, although I think next time I may marinate the chicken for a little bit prior to cooking.  And add a bit of salt and pepper to the peppers and onions.  Also, I didn't include the tomatos as the recipe called for, with the thought that I would just get salsa to top it off.  Well, I forgot to grab that from the store, so next time I will be sure to do that!  It's just too easy, though, so I definitely will be making it again, with some little tweaks.

What have you been cooking lately?

Linking up with ErikaAshleyLindsay and Whitney.


13 comments:

  1. That skinny baked chicken picture has my mouth watering!! Good for you for trying new stuff even if it didn't come out exactly as you planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So intrigued by the pancakes!! ❤️☕️🍴

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blogging friend Kait is obsessed with sheet pan dinners loaded with tons of vegetables. After seeing your review of that last recipe, I think I'm going to give it a go tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Protein pancakes caught my eye! I'm usually not a pancake person and would probably go for French toast too, but the healthy part of them really intrigues me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to have pork chops all the time growing up, but I've never made them as an adult and I can't remember the last time I've had them either! The fajitas look delicious & sound so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to try Caitlin's pancakes, too! They sound so good! And I LOVE bananas so I think that I'll like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chicken looks absolutely delish - pork chops too for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those protein pancakes sound interesting! I'll have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These all look so good!! Those pork chops with garlic and wine... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I make sheet pan fajitas from the Laughing Spatula website and they're so good! http://laughingspatula.com/sheet-pan-fajitas/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from Tuesday Talk! XOXO Everything sounds so good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete