Thursday, July 20, 2017

#NSale 2017 Haul

I got all my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale items in last night, and wanted to share my purchases, both what worked and what is going back.  I have listed the item, then put the color I bought next to it (if there were multiple colors).  First for the fun stuff - what worked!


These shoes were by far my very favorite purchases of the sale.  I love them both so much.  I ordered my regular size and they fit like a glove.  I just really, really love the way they look on.  The heel gives height, but it's not too much and with both being the more stacked / block heel they are very comfortable.  If you are in the market for some new shoes, I would highly suggest either of these!


     
I have yet to use either of these, so I don't have any type of review to share, but they were both must-buys on my list.  I have wanted a Clarisonic for a few years now, and finally decided to get one.  I opted for the Mia Fit for the smaller size.  Also, the Kiehl's lotion is one that I have heard is really, really great on dry skin, which I definitely need when the weather starts to get cooler.  While the lotion is still expensive in my opinion, the bottle is large and I have heard lasts almost the whole year until the next sale.  If that is the case, you definitely get your moneys worth!

Caslon Knit Blazer (Burgundy Stem)
I ordered this on a whim, and am SO glad I did.  My original thought when I ordered this was that I could wear it to work on Fridays.  Lately I feel like I need to step up my 'casual Friday' game.  I thought this would be a good option since it is knit, so a little more casual, but still very pulled together.  Again, I am so glad I ordered this, because it is so cute on!!!  I feel like it's very flattering, giving the look of a cinched waist almost, while being so comfy.  It can be dressed up, too, so I plan on wearing it any day of the week.  Just a great piece!  For sizing, I did order one size down per the fit information on the website, and that worked perfectly for me.

Leith Easy Circle Cardigan (Gray Medium Charcoal Heather)
If I could buy this in all the colors, I totally would.  I wasn't sure what to expect, because I wasn't familiar with the brand, but it is so soft!!!  I chose the gray and it's a really pretty dark charcoal color.  I ordered in my regular size, and felt that it fit pretty true to size.  I feel like there is enough room that you can layer a long sleeve shirt under it, but not so much room that you would need to size down.  I also love that it has pockets!  Just so very comfy and cozy - I can't wait for it to cool down a bit so I can wear this!  I know there are a lot of cardigans out there, but if you had to only choose one, this one has my recommendation!

I lusted after this coat last year in tan, but by the time I decided I want to go ahead and get it, my size was out of stock.  I have been looking for a light gray coat for what seems like forever, and this one fit the bill.  Take note, though, that it is more of a gray and white pattern, rather than just solid gray (as the color says).  Still very pretty though.  It's a great, classic piece and one I know I will have forever.  For sizing, I went with my regular size.

I like to use the sale as an opportunity to build out my work wardrobe a bit, and always look for a new dress or two.  I was sold on this one because it was fit and flare, came in navy and had longer sleeves!  It's always so cold in the office, and this will keep me from having to add a jacket or cardigan, just to stay warm.  It's a nice thick material and I don't think the picture does the dress justice on how cute the little ruffle is at the bottom.  I found the dress to fit true to size.

PAIGE Hoxton High Waist Ankle Skinny Jeans 
These are a maybe.  Originally when I first tried them on, they seemed too small.  However, I tried them on again last night and they worked.  I like that they are higher waisted and the length is better than most jeans on me.  Still a bit longer than ankle length (I am 5'3"), but terrible.  I have to think on them!

Now for my returns.  As you can see from the list above and below, I find over purchasing key here, because you never know what will or will not work!

I was excited about this skirt, but it just didn't fit right.  It was a little snug around the waist, but I think a size larger would be too big and long.

I ordered this in white and while it was cute, it was a bit see through.  I didn't want to have to wear a cami under, so to the return pile it went.

I found this dress to be a little tight through the shoulders, but even if it wasn't, I just don't think the coloring / pattern worked on me.  It was a bit blah.

This was a very nice sweater, but I didn't love it on me.  I thought the scallop edge would be so cute, but the neck line didn't really work for me.  The fabric was thicker, which was nice, because it felt more substantial, but I just wasn't crazy about it.

Another dress that was a little tight in the shoulder area.  I'm not sure if is just me, but I sometimes have troubles with structured shirts dresses that don't have much stretch to them.  They tend to pull a bit in the shoulders / back.  Such was the case with this dress.  I am hoping this comes back in stock, because I would love to try the larger size to see if it works, although my concern is then the sleeves might be a bit long, since those were the perfect length.  It was super cute, though!

Lush Ruffle Sleeve T-Shirt Dress (not online anymore)
Guys, I cannot express to you how absolutely terrible this dress looked on me.  You'd think I was wearing a sack - so bad!  I think it made me look twice my size.  While I love a dress with pockets, this is one I think should not have them.  They kind of wing out and make you look hippy, in addition to it just being a looser fitted dress.  I have seen it on others and thought it looked cute, so I think it is one you need to try on before you make a decision, but it was not for me.

BP. Plaid Cotton Blend Shirt (Blue Twilight Schy Plaid)
I actually really liked this shirt at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I didn't think it was something I needed.  It's crazy soft and the blue plaid I ordered was so pretty, but it's so dang long.  Honestly, it looks like a dress (until you turn to the side where it goes up).  I think if you plan to wear it with leggings, rather than with jeans, it would be cute, but I was hoping to wear with jeans.  If I attempted the half tuck, the back part would be all the way over my bottom still, and then some.  And if I wanted to tuck it all in a bit, then I just think of alllll that fabric bunching.  I just felt this one was better returned to the store!

I've really enjoyed reading what others have found.  I'd love it if you would share your favorite purchase in the comments below!

Linking up with Annie.

20 comments:

  1. Loooove all your purchases!!! I want that Ralph Lauren coat bad in Black!! So pretty and classic! And I saw that blazer and thought it was so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was eyeing those boots but didn't go through with it. I might have to now! I also LOVE Paige jeans.

    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some really great pieces this year, but I love the booties that you got! They'll be perfect for this fall and winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got so many great pieces! Both of the booties are so cute and I'm obsessed with the shirtdress! It can be so hard to find a good pair of ankle jeans when you're short!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love all your pics! Too bad that scallop sweater didn't work out, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl you got some great stuff! Those Vince Camuto Fileana booties are to die for!! Love love love! I'm so glad they worked for you. I've been patiently waiting for my turn to order. Tomorrow is the big day but half of the stuff I wanted is sold out. I'm hoping that they restock tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I bet that fit and flare dress looks so cute on you! I love that style. I just pulled up the coat to look at it because I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The booties are so cute! I ordered a pair that look similar but without the heel. And that blue dress is super cute! Great find! I'm sharing my Nordstrom finds on tomorrow's post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, me too! So fun to shop for fall stuff. =)

      Delete
  9. Great finds! Those booties are on my list too. I'm sharing my list tomorrow. =))) You've got great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your pics. I am excited for my items to arrive. I've had a Mia for about five years and it is still going strong. They sell the brush heads in the Nsale for super cheap, too! Its a great time to stock up for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you got some great stuff! I absolutely love both pairs of booties, and I've wanted a clarisonic for a while now too! I've heard such great things about them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything you got and a little jealous you have everything all ready. I may or may not be waking up to try and snag a few things, or at this point staying up lol. I was looking at that Eliza J dress too but it's not in my size anymore. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been looking at that same navy dress. I always freeze in our office, too, so it would be nice to find a dress option where I'm not lugging around an extra sweater or jacket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing what everyone bought! I love those booties! Also, I still have my eye on that Clarisonic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Scallop sweater is super cute! All your purchases are :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really raked in the goods! Love the peep toe booties and that gorgeous floral dress! A comfy cardigan is always needed for office life. Have a great weekend! Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel like we are the same. We have a lot of the same tastes. I want those booties and that casual blazer too. I need to step up my casual Friday game as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that caslon blazer too! I'm totally sold on the VC booties after last year....I think I have 4 pair now.

    ReplyDelete