Thursday, July 27, 2017

More Confessions

I went a long while without doing confessions, but shared some last month and have more for you today!  This post more or less came from me being clumsy and wanting to share in case you too have been a klutz so we can commiserate together.


Last Friday I went to publish some blog comments, and ended up hitting delete instead.  By total accident.  This isn't the first time it has happened to me either.  They really should make those buttons a little bit farther from each other.

Sunday morning I decided to get back on the smoothie train.  I store my Nutri Bullet stuff up in a cabinet above my sink with my regular glasses and wine glasses.  The smoothie cup I wanted was a little behind one of the wine glasses.  I was trying to get it out without having to move anything and reaching on my tip toes, and sure enough the wine glass tipped and shattered.  Into a million pieces, I swear.  I should have taken the time to move the glass, or even just gotten up on my step stool, but noooo.  On the upside, I now have a place for the wine glass I got at Cedar Lake Cellars.  Fun tip for anyone in the area - you get to keep your glass from your visit, then when you go back again, if you bring your glass you get a discount on your drink.  Also, if you turn your glass back in at the end of your visit, they will give you a new clean one for your trip home.  

I decided to be a klutz again on Tuesday morning.  I was going to do a workout DVD in the morning, so I slid my coffee table over.  As I was doing that, my cup of water somehow tipped over and got EVERYWHERE.  All over the table, my magazines, my tray, the floor...everywhere.  Mind you, I have moved this thing with the cup on it for months and months and months with no spills (ok maybe one other time, but it wasn't the whole cup like this!).  I can tell you, that did not help motivate me to get working out.  I did make it through, though.  Post workout, I am getting my breakfast together (another smoothie), and I wanted to make sure to add in some chia seeds since I know they are good for you.  Well...those got all over the place.  I tell you what - it was just not my morning.  On the positive side, all this stuff caused me to move a little slower in the morning, and I got in another quick little chat with the gentleman I see out walking when I am driving to work.  Come to find out he goes way back with the chairman of the board at the company where I work!  It never ceases to amaze me at how small of a world it is.

As much as I like decluttering and purging, I also can be a bit of a hoarder.  As I mentioned yesterday, I decide to wear a few shirts to work this week that had just been sitting in my closet.  They had made it through the last few closet clean outs, but I still didn't really wear them.  I told myself to wear them this week and then I can decide if I really do like them or not.  Yesterday, the shirt I wore, I really liked...in theory.  It's green and white striped, kind of blousey with a tie neck.  Sounds cute, but it just didn't lay right.  The back bottom band was stretchy and just kept riding up, making it look funny on me.  The whole day in my mind I was like no, it's cute, I can wear it with jeans on Fridays, bla bla bla, but finally I was just like no, it doesn't work, give it up.  If you are on the fence about an article of clothing, I suggest making yourself wear it right away to make your decision on keep or donate - I feel like it has really worked for me this week!

This is less of a confession and more of a rant / pet peeve.  At my office, people have a nasty habit of not refilling the paper in the printer/copies (at least the one I use).  I just feel like it's so inconsiderate.  I swear there were a few days where I had to refill it every single time I went to use it.  Just one of those things that bothers me.  It takes about a minute to refill.  That's all.  I know it's a silly thing and I obviously can do it myself, but I just think it's one of those common courtesy things.     

What kind of confession do you have to share?

Linking up with Danielle and Annie.

10 comments:

  1. Oh no! Never fun cleaning up a shattered wine glass because it feels like you'll be finding pieces for days after. People should really learn some office manners, don't you think?! Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done the whole I can get this thing from behind a glass and then tip the glass over and it shatters! It's the absolute worse, but don't worry you're not the only one that it happens to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always the worst when something breaks (or spills)-- trying to just reach for something without getting a stool is totally something I would have done too though. Such a good idea for ways to make sure you actually like wearing everything in your closet-- sometimes you can like something on the hanger, but on it doesn't work well enough, so what's the point in keeping it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, I am SUCH a hoarder when it comes to clothes. It's ridiculous. I was actually just telling B last night that I have a skirt in my closet that is 19 years old. I mean, what?! That is absurd. I am due for a closet cleanout because it's been over a year, but I just haven't had the time!

    And I totally feel you on the printer paper. There is one other lady here with me who will refill it, but I can't even tell you how many times I go up there and have to change the paper. It's pretty annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was on a smoothie kick this week too but thankfully no broken wine glasses for me ;) That's a great suggestion with wearing things right away. I have sooo many things sitting in my closet that are those maybe one day pieces. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel ya! The more I try to hurry the more the universe feels like it's out to get me. I have to just stop and remind myself to be patient. Ugh. I hope things mellow out for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness I hate when I have bad mornings/days where everything seems to go wrong! I too just want to throw in the towel but of course we can't do that! That's a good idea about clothes, I'm always like oh I'll wear that, I know i will, then a year later it hasn't moved LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha I am a klutz so these stories make me giggle because I know them all too well - Ive shattered tons of glasses and have spilled worse than water. Yesterday I face planted in front of my office #classy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The printer paper is the worst. I hate when my co-workers do that. I have done the water thing too. All too often. ha. I have done the delete comment too many times too. I am the worst with it and I can never think of the original comment correctly either. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can totally relate with spilling water and always refilling the copy paper. I once spilled a glass of water on my nightstand at 5 am while I was leaving for work. My husband was still trying to sleep, and I swear the amount of water in that glass somehow tripled when it spilled out. It was everywhere!! I always seem to get to the copier when it needs paper. I'm not sure if the others don't realize that it needs refilled, but it's a normal job of mine!

    ReplyDelete