Thursday, July 6, 2017

July 2017 Goals


First, a recap of June.

June Goals

1.  Cook more fish.  I didn't cook fish once this month!  Whoops!

2.  Bathroom storage refresh.  This didn't happen either!  Everything really could use a good clean out and some of the cabinet lining has been scrunched up - I am going to carry this one to next month! 

3.  Clean out workout clothes.  I can definitely check this one off the list.  I got rid of a bag of workout clothes, and even went through my sweatshirts.  Since I got rid of quite a few things, I was able to combine everything into the same storage area, freeing up some more storage space!

4.  Try two new recipes from one of my many cookbooks.  I made one new recipe, Pork Chops with Garlic and Wine from The Pioneer Woman.  This recipe was from her Dinnertime cookbook.  I had another recipe picked out, but never got around to make it.  I kept forgetting to do the marinade the night before and then again in the morning.

So not the best month (again), but I do feel really good about cleaning out some of my clothes!

July Goals

1.  Clean out my make up bag.  The thought behind this is two fold.  First, I tend to use the same things over and over again, yet my make up bag is bursting with different products.  Second, my blush broke not too long ago and it has made quite a mess in my bag.  Definitely time for a clean out!

2.  Clean my make up brushes.  This could be lumped into the first goal, but I am making them separate.  I am terrible about doing this, and know how important it is.  Just not one of those things I think to do - hopefully cleaning them will make me realize how bad they are and how I need to start cleaning them on a regular basis.  

3.  Bathroom storage refresh.  Bringing this over from last month's goals.  It needs to happen!  The other day I was trying to put something back and it seemed like something was in the way, like something had fall behind.  I didn't want to take the time to figure it out, so I just got it in there best I could and went on with my day.  This honestly shouldn't take too much time, because even though it needs a cleaning, things still are relatively organized.  Just need to do it!

4.  Upload all my phone pictures to my computer and organize.  This goal may be a bit ambitious, but I really, really want to get my photos organized.  If I accomplish at leading the uploading part, I will be very happy!   

Do you have any goals for the month?

Linking up with Kristen and Annie.   

20 comments:

  1. I definitely need to lean my makeup brushes..they are so bad. I am awful about doing this! I'd love to upload and organize my pictures from my phone but that task seems so incredibly daunting. I also need to delete about half of the pictures and can't seem to do that either. ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always saying it's time to clean out my makeup bag but never get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to the organizing photos! I need to do that asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a good reminder for me to clean my makeup brushes and bag, too! I feel like I can be such a makeup hoarder, but yet still use only the same few products day after day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggle with cleaning my makeup brushes too! I definitely do it once a month but I always feel like I should be doing it more often. I am ambitiously trying to do the same with my iPhone. I have wayyyyyy to many photos on it :-(

    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marinades are annoying - anything that requires preparing the night before is never happening in my house ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have got to organize all my photos soon too. It's getting beyond out of control! I am better at cleaning my brushes now because I have noticed it really helps with preventing breakouts but I still don't do it as much as I should.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know why cooking 🐟 is so intimidating? It's always so easy and FAST when I actually do it!! Just did scallops last night, does that count?? 😉

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously suck at washing my makeup brushes...it has been on my list too and I'm pretty sure it should be happening much more frequently than it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never cooked fish! I think I'm intimidated because I don't want my tiny apartment to smell like it for days on end, though I'm not sure that would even happen?! Uploading photos onto my computer is definitely on my list- they take up so much space on my phone. But the organizing part is so time consuming! Hoping to get it done though. Good luck on all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have got to get all of my photos off my phone. i don't really organise them except into months, which is lazy, but does make 'organising' very easy haha. and girl i am the WORST at cleaning brushes. absolute worst.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, you are totally going to think I'm disgusting but I have never cleaned a makeup brush in my life. Once they start looking bad I always just throw them out and get new ones. Lol. I don't spend a lot of money on mine, though. The cheaper the better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes to the pictures!! I was so overwhelmed with it once since I was so behind I just took the time to get caught up and now every Monday or so I upload and back them up and it's so much easier! Now I need to work on printing some out each season too just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It took me a long time to get in the habit of cleaning my makeup brushes regularly, now I try to do them every Sunday and do a face mask at the same time so it's more like a pamper experience :) I also use a daily brush spray and I think that keeps them fresher much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I set little (and big) goals like this mentally but often forget...so it's perfect you post it in writing on your blog as a reminder. I NEED to clean my makeup brushes!! Thanks for the reminder and good luck getting those goals accomplished.
    Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate cleaning my make up brushes and because of that, I only clean my foundation brush every once in a while. I need to do it more often because I always love how my brush feels after it's clean. And yes to your pictures! You will feel so much better after you get them organized!! I have mine organized by multiple folders--first a yearly, then monthly, and then by holiday. It took a while but now is much better!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Taking pictures off my phone is the biggest chore! I get too overwhelmed every single time!! I always want to keep some pictures on my phone, but it ends up being too many and then I'm out of space and the chore starts all over again! I should make taking pictures off my phone a July goal!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so terrible at remembering to clean my makeup brushes too! I'm hoping to take the time to do it this weekend because I know how gross they are!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really need to clean out my makeup bag - this reminded me of that! Have the best weekend girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My make up bags and brushes could definitely use a good cleaning. I'd also like to purge some things from my closet and shoe collection to free up a bit of space.

    ReplyDelete