Friday, July 28, 2017

Friday Favorites: TGIF!

Happy Friday!  So glad that we finally made it to the end of the week.  If you read my post yesterday, you can see from my confessions I was a bit of a mess this week.  To top it off, I forgot to set my alarm on Wednesday night, so my Thursday wake up call was non existent.  Luckily, when I did wake up I had plenty of time to get ready for work, but I missed out on my normal work out and just was all out of sorts.  Let's focus on the positives from this week, though!



1.  Have you heard of Amazon Households?  I don't know all the details for sure, but I do know that my mom added me to her household and since she is Amazon Prime member, I now get to experience all the benefits of being a Prime member, under my parents' membership.  It took two minutes to do (you just need an existing Amazon account) and done!  I am really excited, and I bet my mom is too, because I will no longer be bothering her with requests to purchase things for me! 

2.  Another handy tip, this time about getting packages via USPS.  A few of my Nordstrom Sale purchases came via USPS.  I always have the worst time with them, because odds are the package boxes are full in the mail box area, and then I am not home when they try to deliver and it ends up having to be redelivered.  That's no fun when you are really excited about a package!  However, I discovered that (much like UPS) you can specify where you want your delivery to go to prior to the first attempt.  All you have to do is click on the tracking number and there should be a 'delivery instructions' line you can click and specify where you want the package delivered (apartment office, front door, back door, ect.).  It does sound like this may not be available for all areas, but it's definitely worth checking out if you ever run into that problem yourself!  

3.  I mentioned my new found love of pesto already this week, but it is worth saying again.  I think I may do a post on all the ways I ate it this week, because I am obsessed.  It's just so light and refreshing!  I don't know what took me so long to try it!  

4.  Another thing I am obsessed with at the moment is veggie burgers!  I tried the Boca brand and really, really like it.  I have made them both on the stove top and in the microwave at work and I think they taste good either way.  I have had it plain with a side salad and then topped with some tomatoes, avocado and pesto (of course).  Again, good both ways.  I am not giving up my beloved beef burgers, but I feel like this is a good option to be a little healthier and switch things up.

5.  I received my final Nordstrom Anniversary Sale purchase this weekend, and it was these navy blue polka dot PJ Salavage pajamas that have been everywhere.  I am so happy that I bought them, because my Target pair have seen better days and these totally live up to the hype.  I'm a big fan of the pattern and love the longer sleeve / short combo.  And they are so dang soft.  I will be honest - I thought that even on sale, they were pricey for pj's, but I get it now.  Again, they just totally live up to the hype. 

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.      

22 comments:

  1. I love pesto, too! My favorite is pesto chicken salad in the summer. Just mix shredded chicken + pesto and it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something about wearing real, matching PJs to bed just makes me feel like a real adult! But you're right, pulling the trigger on the price can be hard since you are just going to sleep in them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved visiting your site. FedEx and UPS also have something to what you mentioned with the post office. They bothe help you manage your deliveries. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazon prime is my jam. My dad added all of my sisters and I back when he started his account. Pesto is my favorite, I love it on pizza, pasta, sandwiches, really anything. I've never had a veggie burger but they are all the rage and I really need to try them. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Boca burgers too!! And I so wanted those pj's but of course they are sold out everywhere in my size!! Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could keep my PJ Salvage pjs but I spent too much money on other items haha!! Maybe I'll get some on Black Friday! And I am so obsessed with black bean burgers. Costco has my favorite but sometimes I can't get to Costco just to buy those, so I've been buying the Boca brand black bean burgers and they are good too! Have a great Friday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Amazon Prime, we used the free month at Christmas and have used it ever since and love it. We have saved on a lot of shipping. I hate when my alarm doesn't go off, it makes for an anxious morning. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great tip regarding your package deliveries. I wasn't aware of that! The Amazon prime household is great. I haven't quite committed to Prime yet, but if I order more on Amazon that needs fast shipping I might finally succumb. I like the snuggly pj's! I think it's time to update mine, too. Happy Friday and hope your weekend is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The benefits of Amazon Prime really are amazing, and we totally added my mom and sister to our household so they could benefit too! And I did the exact same thing on Thursday! I felt like my whole day was thrown off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you're on the veggie burger & pj salvage train now!! You'll love both forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do your parents get charged extra for their Prime since you've been added? Mmmm, pesto! Good to know about USPS and UPS. It's so frustrating how the always deliver in the middle of the day when NO ONE IS HOME! The PJs are super cute! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a good idea on the packages. I never thought of that when I lived in an apartment. I am a Prime household member too. Great benefits. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I could survive without Amazon Prime! I actually just tried Prime Now this week while my husband was out of town where they send a courier to your house within two hours with your order. It was amazing! I saw those pajamas and almost purchased a pair. Maybe next sale!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lucky you still woke up in time to get ready and make it to work-- but it always does throw off your morning when you're running late. I always cross my fingers when I see a package is USPS because we always have problems with them too- I think it's because our mail carriers tend to be lazy though, lol. So glad to hear the pajamas live up to the hype-- they look so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of Amazon Households before, but it sounds like a great service! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't know you could customize your USPS drop off preferences. The next time we are getting a package I will have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been making my own pesto with our garden basil!! Love this time of year 😍

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh girl you know who has the best "fast food" veggie burger? Culver's!!! There are times that I crave them actually!

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like a good veggie burger too! I need to try out that brand. Have a great weekend girl :-)

    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazon household sounds great! I'm a Prime member so I'll have to look into it. I'm a big fan of veggie burgers too...The Boca Burgers are a good start but not as good as restaurant quality. Have a great weekend! xo Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd love to hear some ideas for pesto! We have so much basil and I made a bunch of pesto last weekend but I don't know what to do with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Boca burgers are delish! Great tip about the USPS delivery! I'll have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete