Friday, June 23, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  Why is it that everytime it is a short week, my days get all mixed up?  Having Monday off really threw me for a loop!  We made it to the end of the week, though so that's always a good thing.

1.  I am still in search of The Pioneer Woman magazine.  Obviously that part isn't a favorite, but the fact that one of my friends remembered to check for me when she was at her Walmart is a favorite for sure!  Unfortunately they didn't have it either, but it still was so nice of her!  The fact that she remembered just was really thoughtful.  Gotta love good friends like that!

2.  If you checked out my post yesterday, you saw that I had a dentist appointment.  The last few appointments I have had, my normal hygenist has not been in.  Come to find out that is because she has been on maternity leave!  She's just the nicest person and I was so glad to have her back.  Not to mention she said that my teeth were looking good!  I have had issues before, so you can only imagine how nice that is to hear.

3.  I got almost all my cleaning done last night!  Things were looking a little rough after being at my parents', so I decided to tackle cleaning a little earlier than normal.  I have to say I am pretty darn pumped that I can go into the weekend with a clean apartment.  Just knowing that is one thing I do not have to do over the weekend is nice!  More time for reading, or hanging out at the pool!

4.  I shared one of my favorite summertime dips, Bachelorette Party Dip, on Wednesday.  I totally forgot to add it to my 'Recipes' page, but it is there now.  You can find all the other recipes I have shared on the blog there!



5.  I wore my favorite ruffle sleeve top at home last weekend, and my mom loved it so much, she wanted to order herself one.  Unfortunately they only have limited sizes and colors, but they have a very similar shirt that ties in the front.  She picked one up for herself and for me!!  I went with the gray and white striped, and got it in the mail earlier this week.  The fabric seems a bit different than the one without a tie, but it's still really soft and so cute on!  I can't wait to wear it - hopefully this weekend.  

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.  

13 comments:

  1. When I was in college and my roomies would leave for the weekend, the first thing I do was clean our house. I loved (still do) a clean house and enjoyed keeping it that way while they were gone. It's the little things, right?😉 I have that same ruffle sleeve shirt in black and it's the softest shirt ever. The tie one is super cute too, but you're right the fabric isn't the same. Have a great weekend Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for a clean apartment! That top is super cute! I need to hunt for the Pioneer Woman magazine, but I hate going to walmart so I just may never get my hands on it haha. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for a clean apartment going into a weekend! I am about to clean this morning! HA
    That top is so cute! and that dip looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooooo I need that dip in my life!!! I love that top you wore!! Short weeks always throw me off too :) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the best when you have a hygienist you like- it really makes such a huge difference. I'm sure it feels so good to have your cleaning done going into the weekend, like you said, more time for the fun things :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having a clean apartment for the weekend is bliss. I definitely feel more relaxed when it happens. I hope you find the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really should have mailed you my copy of that magazine but I threw it away after reading not thinking that you still wouldn't have one! If you can't find one this weekend, I'll go get you one and mail it to you! It's too good to not have!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for getting some cleaning done before the weekend! We tidied up a little bit before my mom came over yesterday, and it was so nice to have a cleaner than normal house during the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for getting the cleaning done, such a huge relief as the weekend arrives to get it out of the way. And there's that amazing dip again. YUM <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome that your apartment is already clean for the weekend! I always hate spending Saturday mornings cleaning. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray for having a clean apartment! That's a great way to start the weekend! I hope you can sit by the pool and do lots of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a good bill of health from the dentist - and that after-cleaning feeling :) That dip looks sooo good - give me anything with cream cheese!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dip looks delicious and the ruffle sleeve top is so cute and comfortable looking. Love the red color.

    ReplyDelete