Thursday, June 22, 2017

Confessions

It's been a long while since I have done a confessions post and thought it was high time to do another one, especially since I have an embarrassing / funny story to share from yesterday.

First up, my story.  I had to reschedule a dentist appointment from a few months ago and it is actually today.  But all Tuesday I thought it was Wednesday...even though it is right there on my calendar as Thursday.  I was complaining a bit because I have been slacking on flossing and just know that it isn't going to be the best visit...all the while thinking it was Wednesday.  Come Wednesday, I get side tracked at work and think oh, no!  I am going to be late for my dentist appointment! - so I hurry out of work to make it to my appointment.  Only to realize en route...my appointment was the next day.  How embarrassing?!  I rush out of work, only to realize two minutes later that I have no where to be going.  I lost my decent parking spot, and am just at a loss because, how could I make such a mistake, when again, it is there on my calendar listed under things 'tomorrow.'  Oh my word...I just thank goodness that I didn't make it to the office before I remembered, because that REALLY would have been embarrassing.  And luckily my coworker and boss were both out of the office, so I didn't have to explain my abrupt departure and then quick return to them.  So wish me luck today, because I for real have a dentist appointment!

I shared how I blog plan here, but this month I have not kept to my schedule.  Either things have come up, or I haven't put in the work to get them done well, so then they get pushed.  The positive thing is that I have those things to use next time I am struggling for ideas!

One of my June goals was to go through my work out clothes.  I am happy to say I have done that, however, they have yet to go back in where they belong.  So for the past week and a half, I have had piles of clothes just laying there in my room.  I don't spend much time in my room except in the morning when I get ready for work and then at night right before bed, so it's one of those out of sight out of mind things.  I really need to get on that, though!

The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is still a month away, but I have been thinking about it for awhile now!  I have been keeping a list on my phone of things I want to look for during the sale and it just keeps getting longer and longer.  To prepare for the gobs of money I will potentially spend at the sale (and because I am just trying to save money in general), I have been trying not to buy anything that isn't really necessary - side note: Bath & Body Works sale purchases were totally a necessity!  However, when my mom mentioned she was going to getting a top from Charmed, I totally had her get me one, too.  Luckily, I had some money at the consignment shop in town which will cover it, but still, the struggle is real.  Also, another side note - when typing Nordstrom into Blogger, it comes up with the spell check line under it.  You would think with the many, many bloggers who talk about Nordstrom, it would be in their dictionary!

I'd love to hear a confession of your own!

Linking up with Danielle & Annie.







12 comments:

  1. I am laughing about your dentist apt, that's something I would do. I just went through my closet and have a pile of clothes I've got to do something with, they will sit in that pile for months until I finally donate them, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck today at your real appointment haha! And I'm so excited about the sale too! I keep thinking of things I need!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I've been there with appointments, it happens, no sweat.

    EEEEK the sale, I need to find one or two things to snap up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you didn't get the days backwards, and miss your appointment, haha. Hopefully it goes well today! I totally forgot about the N Sale coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart just skipped a beat at the reminder of the Nordstrom sale coming up! YAY! I am loving summer, but by the end of July I am always itching for fall and all of the clothing that comes with it. I feel like everyone kind of lags with blogging in the summer-it is just hard to sit down and write a post when it is gorgeous outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha girl, this is totally something I would do too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes our brains just get too jumbled. I am guilty of always thinking it's a different day of the week than it actually is, lol! Hope your appointment goes well- I hate the dentist but I'm always so glad to get it over with! I have been using the Nordstrom sale as my motivation to drop some weight/keep eating better haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha. I've totally done that once before with a doc appt. Don't feel bad. And girl I feel you on the blogging. I was supposed to have days 3 and 4 of our beach trip up today and I just couldn't get it together... thus, the silence over there today. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am super excited about the NOrdstrom sale. I need to start thinking about what I will scoop up! I have done that with an appointment before as well. So glad your boss wasn't there and it was easy to slip back into work. Good luck with your appt today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG too funny about the appt!! So glad you didn't get all the way there LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Nordstrom sale is a bad thing for me! There are always so many cute things. Since I'm not a card member, I'm kind Have glad some things sell out, so then I don't feel like I want to buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GIRL...you are too young....these are the kinds of things my crazy ass does! haha

    ReplyDelete