Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Weekend Recap: Easter 2017

Hey all!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  I am a day behind, recovering from too much Easter fun!  Before I get to that, let's start back with Friday.

I didn't do anything of note Friday evening, other than picking up my apartment and packing for a trip back home.  

I was up early to head to my parents'.  The drive was uneventful, although some people are just crazy drivers.  I am always so thankful when I drive longer distances at how close I am to things on an everyday basis because like I said - people are just nuts on the roads!  We took a walk around the neighborhood and then had a quick lunch before heading out to run errands.  We all had a few things to return, at various places, so it worked out well.  Unfortunately, that Loft skirt I had been lusting over turned out to not be a good fit for me.  The length was wrong, but even hemmed it just didn't fit me quite right.  Always hate when that happens!  On the other hand, I have been in desperate need of some new work out clothes, and was able to pick some up on sale at Dick's.  Tank tops for $10, a few sports bras - one $12 and $15, and then capris were buy one get one half off, so my mom picked some up for herself and gave me her half off pair!  I was excited to work out yesterday, just so I could wear some of my new purchases.  The rest of the night consisted of us (my mom) conquering the lamb cake, having burgers and watch The Ten Commandments.  I totally forgot to include that in my Easter traditions post, but that is definitely one of them!  Such an amazing movie, especially when you think about how old it is!

Easter morning started off with a hunt for my Easter basket (bag).  I actually had a little harder time finding it this year, because my parents' didn't tell me which room it was in.  Inside was an Arch Apparel t shirt (I had been wanting one!), socks, a Scrub Daddy, new nail polish, and some Easter candy.  We headed to my grandma's for church, FaceTimed with my brother & family, then my aunt and uncle's for Easter lunch.  My aunt and uncle moved into a new condo less than a year, ago, so it's always fun when we get to go over there and see all the little changes they have made since last time.  The food was ridiculously good.  Ham, shrimp, kidney bean salad, two potato salads, rolls, baked beans, carrots, green beans...I mean the list just goes on.  And everything was amazing.  My uncle made homemade vanilla ice cream, my aunt made triple chocolate brownies, and of course we had the lamb cake...along with a bunch of other Easter candy.  It was all SO GOOD.  It was fun catching up with everyone and enjoying what turned out to be a beautiful day.  I was so worn out after the fact, hence no post yesterday.

I decided to avoid the long drive home Sunday night, and got up early Monday to drive back.  It was back to work and back to the grind.







Linking up with Ashley, Erika, Lindsay and Whitney.

23 comments:

  1. What a fun Easter! That lamb cake is so cute. It's nice that you could go home and be with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy drivers drive me crazy, lol. LOVE the lamb cake and your sweet sweet faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so great in that Lilly dress!!! And we had homemade ice cream on Sunday too! I love that it's becoming homemade ice cream season now because I love eating it so much haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Easter bag! What a fun idea. And what a great weekend. Now I'm hungry for all that food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also just thought about how you could turn that lamb in to a cat too! With licorice whiskers! hehehe. Your Easter sounds so much fun! Love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously love that your mom makes you hunt for your basket! Just the thought of triple chocolate brownies and homemade ice cream has me drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun weekend with family! And you just made me hungry with all that food! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun Easter celebration - I love that little lamb cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bummer to hear that Loft skirt didn't work out :( Glad you found some good workout stuff though at least. We watched the 10 Commandments at my parents house this weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great Easter weekend!! I love The Ten Commandments!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That lamb cake is so adorable! And all of the food sounds sooo good! I always need a clean eating week after the holiday weekends ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you had a great Easter with family members, and your spread sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your dress! And you and your mom look so much alike! I haven't watched The Ten Commandments in ages! I went to a Catholic school growing up so we used to watch it all the time in junior high and high school, but I just remember it being boring. I should really watch it again now that I'm an adult. I think I would appreciate it a lot more now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great Easter! Glad you got to travel to see your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. people are definitely nuts on the road. awesome deals at Dick's! i need new workout clothes as well, and they always make me want to workout haha so it's a win win!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that your parents still hide you an Easter bag! The Easter Bunny always hid our baskets at home, and we had to figure out which room it was in. I've been feeling like I need some new workout clothes too. Need to stop in at Dick's and check out their sales!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome scores at Dicks!! How fun your parents hide your basket! We never did that growing up, but I like that idea. My brother in law gave us all scrub daddys at Christmas now I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a nice Easter you had. I'm sorry the skirt didn't work out. I hate when that happens too. I love that you still get to hunt your for Easter goodies. Your parents sound amazing!
    Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG!! People tell me that my mom and I are twins, but you and your mom REALLY, truly look so much alike! You're both beautiful! Sounds like a fun family Easter weekend. :) Funny that you talked about your basket being hidden. I had NEVER heard of hiding Easter baskets until this past weekend when a friends from MN talked about it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sounds like you found some great sales at Dick's! Were the items a particular brand, or just random?? So glad you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I bought was Reebok - the tanks seemed to all be on sale, the sale sports bras were all intermixed with the regular priced items, and then the capris were buy one get one half off!

      Delete
  21. What a great Easter weekend. Love all the stuff you got. I am so sad that the Loft skirt didn't work out. It is soooo beautiful! And your moms cake turned out beautifully as always!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Losing weight is actually easy if you get the right support or guide , i was searching online and came upon this website and found out that many had success in losing weight, i am also seeing wonderful results, here is that site, hope it will help those who really want to lose weight ,
    https://fatlosseasyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete