Thursday, April 13, 2017

Girl Chat: Easter Traditions

The topic for this month's Girl Chat is Easter traditions.  I am having a hard time believing that Easter is just days away!  How did that happen?  It really snuck up on me this year.

When I think of Easter, I think of two things - lamb cake and Easter baskets.

My mom has the neatest old lamb cake mold that always comes out at Easter.  It is one of my favorite things, and I always love when she makes it.  I just think it is so darn cute, not to mention delicious.  She always really does it up, with the 'grass' frosting, eyes and nose and even a little bow for the neck.  Last year there was a little mishap with the cake and it turned into a 'bunny' cake instead of a lamb, but it was still super cute and made for a really good story. 



 

Not only does my mom make a lamb cake at Easter, she also puts together awesome Easter baskets for us all.  Her and my dad hide them around the house for us to find.  So like an egg hunt, but for baskets.  Even the years I am unable to make it home for Easter, I will get a basket in the mail.  I hope I never get too old for Easter baskets! (I say basket, but anymore they are bags/boxes, but I still think of them as Easter baskets.)


All this Easter talk has me reminiscing about last Easter.  My parents have been going with my grandma to church on Easter morning and since I was in town, I went with them, too.  What neither my parents nor my grandma knew, was that my brother, sister in law and Jack would be joining us there as a surprise.  Not only that, but my cousin who now lives in Arizona was in town, too, so all the grandkids were around for Easter last year.  It was really special, since it had been awhile since we were all able to be together, and I know it is one we all will remember.  While we won't all be together again this Easter, hopefully it will be another good one!



To link up - just grab our graphic, link up and let's get to chatting!  Make sure to stop by a few others linked up for an extra bit of girl chat!


And don't forget to follow your hosts!

Danielle - Bloglovin' | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter 

Emily - Bloglovin' | Instagram | Pinterest 

Lindsay - Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest 

Lizzie - Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest 

Sierra - Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter 

17 comments:

  1. Can I come join your family?! haha! I love how your mom makes every holiday special even though you're an adult now! I am going to try to make a bunny cake this year--my best friend's grandmother used to make one every year and I had forgotten about Easter cakes until you posted those pictures!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny about the cake! Hey a lamb or a bunny, either way it's a cake right??! I love that your Mom still does "baskets" for you - my Mom use to then I had kids and now I'm chopped liver haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom and my mom are spirit animals! I still get Easter baskets, too. Do you still get gifts from Santa?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Easter outfit from last year! That lamb cake is soooooooooooo cute! I feel it could double as a polar bear if you ever needed it to. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had totally meant to linkup for this prompt (I love Easter!), but didn't have time to put my post together. I still can't get over how cute the lamb cake is, and I love that your mom still makes you guys Easter baskets. What a wonderful surprise/Easter celebration last year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much fun is that lamb cake tradition. I love when things carrying through the years. It's so hard for us to get everyone together too since my brothers are in other states, but when it does happen I love being together. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dress you wore last Easter. Your mom's cakes are so cute. I love that she still gets you an Easter basket. Mine did too until I had kids. Now they get spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that cake looks amazing! It totally reminded me of another little tradition we have - it's to buy a lamb shaped butter from the grocery store for our Easter dinner :p I also LOVE that your mom and dad still put together little baskets!I hope you have a very Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cakes are too cute! Love those!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh that lamb cake is adorable! Yay for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got chills reading the part about your brother, SIL, and the baby surprising your family at church last year. I KNOW that just made their day and I bet it was wonderful for all of you to be together. What a special treat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so awesome it was transformed to a bunny.. in the words of Tim Gunn - Make it work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That lamb cake is so cute! I love how she puts so much detail into decorating it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you have a super sweet Easter Emily! For the first time in 6 years I will actually have all my babies together on Easter Sunday and I'm so excited. I still need to pick up a few Easter basket goodies and I'm glad I read this because I think sometimes my big kids aren't really into it but clearly adult kids can still love gifts too right?

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful Easter last year! My mom still gets me a little something for every holiday too, it's super sweet and I hope to continue that tradition as they get older. I have that lamb cake mold! I've made that lamb cake once with red velvet cake...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The little lamb cake is sooo cute!!! I love that your parents hide your Easter baskets around the house for you to find too! Such fun traditions! Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great tradition and glad last Easter everyone was able to be together, hope more of that happens! That lamb cake is just so cute, how talented is your mom?! I love that y'all get Easter goodies, can I join in on that ;)!

    ReplyDelete