Wednesday, March 29, 2017

What's Up Wednesday: March 2017


I am linking up with my usual Wednesday girls - Jessi and Jenn for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday and Shay for What's Up Wednesday.

What I'm eating this week...salad, salad and more salad!  The weight loss challenge at work starts today, and I am determined to make some good progress.  That means lots of eating better and more and more veggies.  Salads are the easiest way for me to get those in, so that is on repeat this week.  


What I'm reminiscing about...my birthday week.  It was so fun!  You can read about all the festivities here - part 1 and part 2.


What I'm loving...still obsessed with my birthday presents.  The Kendra Scott necklace my parents got me is getting lots of wear and I am still in love with my LV!  Material things aside, the weather we have been getting lately (minus the rain) has really been great.  I had the windows open all weekend - one of my favorite things! 

What I've been up to...work has been a bit hectic and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future, so it's been work, work, work all day, getting a work out in the evenings and relaxing, which lately has looked like falling asleep on the couch during a tv show.


What I'm dreading...a few things at work.  Not necessarily dreading, just nervous about them.  An outside person came in for a quick meeting yesterday, which just makes me nervous for the small talk - I honestly prepare a few questions in my head in case the conversations stalls so it isn't awkward for like the 5 minute elevator ride.  Goals were due this week, which isn't a bad thing, but I always get nervous for performance review / goal type talk.  There is always the change you are on a different page than your boss, so just the lead up to it makes me a bit anxious.  Then, this afternoon is a big meeting, so I am just praying everything goes smoothly!  I often times get way more nervous and anxious about things than necessary, which is why everyday work stuff has fallen under the category this month.


What I'm working on...getting back on the health track.  Not that I really got off it, but just have been a little lazy at times.  Now it's full speed ahead with this challenge as extra motivation.  Also, still working on cleaning things out.  I got through purses and dresses last weekend!


What I'm excited about...I am happy to see spring is here.  Although it bring lots of rain, the warmer temps are much appreciated.  


What I'm watching...a lot of the same shows with a few new ones - Imposters and Home Town.  I had DVR'd Imposters since it started, so I binge watched them one weekend and really got sucked in!  Home Town is a new HGTV show - the husband/wife duo seem super sweet and I love her style.


What I'm listening to...I was loving some soft rock this past weekend when I was doing chores.   


What I'm wearing...I shared a work week's worth of outfits last Wednesday, and then yesterday I wore what I think is a new favorite outfit.  Just a simple pencil skirt with this thin sweater tucked in, my favorite heels and my birthday necklace.  I got this sweater from Banana Republic on Black Friday and really liked it just with jeans and pants.  I think I love it even more paired with a skirt!  It keeps me warm in the office and looks very classic.  This sweater comes in a variety of different styles and colors - I may need to add another one or two to my wardrobe!



What I'm doing this weekend...I have plans to meet with a friend to get outside and enjoy the weather at a local park.  It's not going to be AS warm as it has been, but high 50's / low 60's still sounds pretty great!  A movie may be in the works, too. 

What I'm looking forward to next month...a friend invited me to join the book club she is in and I am really excited about that.  Really, as it looks now, April is going to be a relatively low-key month for me.


Bonus Question: What is your favorite spring wardrobe piece...I have more than just one favorite!  I have been loving these UGG slip ons I received for Christmas - they are perfect for running errands.  I picked up this Madewell utility jacket from the Nordstrom anniversary sale last year and have a feeling it will get worn a lot this spring.  I found a few tops at Old Navy awhile ago and I know this v-neck is going to be worn non stop - I love how it has a bit longer sleeves.  I participated in my first Lilly sale earlier this year and can't wait to break out the fun dresses I picked up!  Seriously, the list could just go on and on!


16 comments:

  1. I recorded Imposters last night and can't wait to watch it - such a great show!! I hope everything at work goes smoothly - I got back from vacation and had a meeting that resulted in 12 events I will be planning over the next 3 months - I left sweating LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree a utility jacket is a great spring essential. I can't wait to read more about your work's weight loss challenge. I think it's awesome for co-workers to encourage each other. Have a great week!

    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love and appreciate your approach on the blog with your goals for your health and fitness. It seems like it's more like an ongoing lifestyle for you than any quick fad, and you look amazing!! It's inspiring to read about how you incorporate and think about your health and healthy living!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your work thing today! Im sure it will all go well! Yay for material things (haha) and nice weather! I've definitely been soaking up the weather here too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't go wrong with Lilly - especially with Spring upon us! SO glad your 30th was fab - you look gorgeous! Happy belated again to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get nervous and anxious about the smallest things - glad to know you're in the club!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That striped shift dress is so cute! And I love that red sweater to pair with a pencil skirt. I'm with you on trying to eat a bit healthier..I feel like once nicer weather arrives it becomes easier? More salads and less carb filled comfort foods!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just tried Bolthouse Farms salsa verde avocado dressing this week and am in LOVE. I bet you would love it on your salads. I mix it with some salsa for a southwest salad. Hope everything goes well with all the work stuff you have going on!!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been lazy with my health stuff and cleaning also! I'm using these rainy days to clean, organize, and look up healthy recipes on Pinterest! Haha! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love Imposters! I always fall asleep too early so we have it to look forward to tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray for getting to join a new book club! It's always so much fun to branch out and read new books, plus it's always fun to meet new people too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope everything goes well for you at work. I always hate it when things are crazy at work because it totally stresses me out.

    And that bottom right Lilly dress... oh my goodness that is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your pencil skirt/sweater combo! Makes me miss having an office to dress up and go to every day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm enjoying my last few weeks of downtime before things get crazy around here. Our legislature is in session and higher ed funding has been a big discusion...especially funding cuts...and that always makes everyone nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so excited for Spring's arrival, we are getting more rain, but at least it's not snow and the temps are warmer!

    Jen
    jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you're going to a book club soon! That is so exciting! What book are y'all reading? And good luck on your work challenge--keep me posted!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete