Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Favorites 8.28.15

It's Friday! I am linking up with MomfessionalsA Little Bit of Everything Blog, and Grace and Love Blog for my Friday Favorites and


A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday.


My grandma.  I know I mentioned in last week's Friday post, however, she just celebrated her birthday this week.  I am very thankful to have had another year with her.  She is a very special lady and I have no doubt that I will be saying "Happy Birthday" to her for many years to come.  

United Way of Greater St. Louis.  Wednesday evening, I attended an event for the United Way.  It was a happy hour at a local restaurant, with a few speakers talking about different initiatives United Way supports.  I really enjoyed listening to the speakers.  It is always nice to hear good things happening in the community - people coming together to help make a difference.  It seems like a lot of good things are taking shape, and hopefully they will continue to have momentum and make a positive impact on the community.

Shark Tank.  I have been watching a lot of old Shark Tank episodes lately.  I feel like there is a lull in good TV right now - summer shows have ended, or are close to being over, but fall shows haven't started yet.  This show is on every night and provides quite a bit of entertainment.  Sometimes it is funny to see the presentations from people, other times it is heartwarming when you see how they have struggled and pour their heart and soul into their products.  I don't always agree with the ones they let go without investing, or the ones they do end up investing with, but I guess that is why I am where I am and they are the big moguls.  

The StairMaster.  Recently I discovered the StairMaster at the gym.  I am obsessed.  It always looked intimidating to me (and I was a little scared about falling or tripping on the stairs and then falling), but I finally asked one of the trainers to show me how to use it.  Holy cow, what a work out.  I am like instantly drenched in sweat when I use that machine.  I was looking for something else to do to switch my cardio up and I think I found the perfect thing!

Fall magazines!  I received my first fall magazine in the mail the other day and I am so excited to dive in.  Also, I am thinking I might break out some of my fall decorations, too!  

Hope you all have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. AHHH I love shark tank too! It is so good. I did not expect to love it so much!! Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH I love shark tank too! It is so good. I did not expect to love it so much!! Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister-in-law works for United Way here in the Seattle area! I think it would be so awesome to work for them. I like Shark Tank. I haven't seen a whooole lot of episodes, but I love when I'm at the store looking at a product and whoever I'm with is like, "Hey, that's from Shark Tank!" Pretty cool that it's real, unlike some reality shows! I think the StairMaster would kill me...which I guess is a good thing. My apartment gym doesn't have one though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Shark Tank! It's so fun to watch and hear all the stories. Sometimes I am definitely shocked they decide to support someone's business ideas and other times I'm like "No!! Help them!" and they let them leave haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love grandparents, I'm super close to mine too! I LOVE shark tank, if it wasn't for big brother I'd have nothing to watch right now. Ready for Fall tv to start!

    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shark Tank is one of our favorites! I can't wait until it comes back in September! I'm going through withdrawals...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget what channel it is, but it has repeats on pretty much every single night!

      Delete
  7. I have so many magazines waiting to go through, love the new season change!

    Happy bday to your sweet gma! Love that you're involved in united way of great STL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love things at the gym for a while then I can't even look at them anymore (hence what happened with the stair master!! It is such a good work out though. My legs were always on fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to switch it up so I don't get sick of them...it is just amazing how much that one wears me out! I love it! Really makes me feel like I got a good work out in!

      Delete
  9. I love shark tank! The entrepreneurs inspire me! I hope you have a great weekend :) - Seri from www.Serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really makes me think, like what type of company could I come up with?!

      Delete