Monday, July 27, 2015

Weekend Recap

I can't believe it is Monday already.  Where does the weekend go?!  Always too quick!  I had a pretty low-key weekend, which was so nice.

Friday started off with the cable man dropping by.  As I mentioned in my post on Friday, I came home from work on Thursday to no audio on my TV.  I messed with it for quite some time, but to no avail.  The guy comes on Friday, turns on the TV and it is like nothing is wrong!  The sound works!  Luckily he messed with it, was able to recreate the problem, and fix it.  The only downfall is I lost all my recordings from the week.  That was a bit of a bummer.  I headed back to work and enjoyed lunch with some old co-workers.  I have been at the same place for over 5 years, but moved departments from when I first started out.  It was nice to catch up!  Friday afternoon brought a happy hour...definitely a nice way to start the weekend.  I ended the day with logging in some phone time with my Dad and my brother. 

Saturday brought more cable issues...my guide wasn't working.  I know, I know...first world problems.  But it was just frustrating after having the audio issues the day before.  I spent some more time on the phone with the cable company, before heading across the river to Illinois to hang out with one of my friends.  She is expecting her second so I kept her company while she got things ready for him.  Washing bottles, cleaning up the nursery, going through some odds and ends was the perfect way to spend the day for me.  My contribution was putting together the mobile and attaching it to the crib - pretty proud of that!  It was so fun to see her little girl and mother-in-law, too.

Sunday was the day of chores.  Cleaning.  Laundry.  Grocery shopping.  Working out.  I also went through the rest of my clothes!  I was able to fill two bags with things to go to a consignment shop back home.  Any items that the shop doesn't use get donated, so I feel like it is a win-win.  That was a huge accomplishment, so even though there were a few more things I had wanted to do yesterday that didn't get done, it was still an overall pretty productive day in my book. 

Although it wasn't a super exciting weekend, it was nice and relaxing which was definitely what I was looking for.  I was able to get a lot accomplished and catch up on some sleep!

Now...on to the work week!

8 comments:

  1. Ah cable problems are the worst! Do you have Comcast by any chance? That's who we have and they are awful!! I'm glad that aside from that you had a productive weekend though! Sometimes lowkey ones are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl I feel ya on the cable problems but I'm glad they were able to trouble shoot them for you!! Sundays that are that productive are the best! Happy monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where in Chicago were you? I was there recently and miss it SO much! (I grew up in the west suburbs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually down south now in the St. Louis area...my mom is from up north and I have a ton of relatives in the Chicago area (Chicago, Downers Grove, Naperville). I grew up in a small town in central Illinois, but I LOVE Chicago. It is definitely my favorite city!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a pretty relaxing & productive weekend! Happy Monday!
    Kelsey
    http://www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a time turner on some weekends so i can have more time! And I'm glad your TV got fixed, but that blows in the losing the recordings, I bet you can find some of them online!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dealing with cable companies is the worst...at least they fixed your first issue! Happy hour is always a great start to the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love relaxing/productive sundays - The consignment shop sounds like a great spot to take things too..

    ReplyDelete