Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday Favorites 7.30.15

It's Friday!  I am linking up with Momfessionals, A Little Bit of Everything Blog, and Grace and Love Blog for my Friday Favorites...


and A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday.

 
New magazines.  I subscribe to a few different magazines and it is always a good day when I get one in the mail!  Normally the mail is filled with ads or bills, so a magazine is a nice change!
 
Birthday parties.  I have a second birthday party to attend this weekend.  I am excited to celebrate this sweet little girl.  What makes it even better, is that I get to see some of my sorority sisters at the party.  It's always nice being able to see each other face-to-face, rather than just talk over text.
 
Restocks.  I was super bummed when I got one of my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale items in the mail and it was too big.  When I looked that night, the shirt was out of stock in the smaller size I needed.  I checked the next day and the size had been restocked.  I was SO excited.  I ordered that shirt ASAP.  Hopefully the smaller size will work!
 
Finding new blogs.  I have found so many good blogs to start reading via all the link ups I have done this week!  It was the week of link ups for me...I did one almost everyday.  It is so amazing to me how big the blogging community is.  There are SO many blogs out there...my reading list keeps growing!
 
Losing weight.  I weighed myself earlier this week and the number on the scale was lower than before!  Even though it is just by a pound or two, I am so excited.  I have been working hard, and it makes it even better to see some real results.  I have felt better about my body, just in general, but seeing the number drop definitely made it feel more real and gave me some extra motivation to keep up with eating better and working out consistently. 
 
Hope you all have a great weekend!  
 

17 comments:

  1. I only get a few mags in the mail and I agree getting that over bills is way better!! Hope you have a great weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magazine mail day is one of the best!! :) I get so excited when my "Real Simple" comes in! Great job on working hard and losing some weight.... I have a lot to lose, but I'm headed in the right direction veryyyy slowly haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blogging world is so amazing!! Too many blogs to read so little time haha! Happy Friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a LOT of reading to catch up on this weekend, that is for sure!

      Delete
  4. I agree about opening the mail and seeing magazines and not all bills! Which magazines do you subscribe to? Now I mainly use Flipboard, but I still love getting magazines in the mail! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorites are HGTV, Country Living and Cosmo! I have never heard of Flipboard!

      Delete
  5. Awesome job with the weight loss and feeling good about your body! And can I just say that I love your hair in your picture on the sidebar. I'm not even joking that I'm pinning it for my next hair appointment. I have straight hair and it's just what I want when it gets a little bit longer. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, thank you so much. That just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love new magazines! Also, love the blogging community! Congrats on the weight loss!! I'm working on the same thing right now and it's hard work but totally worth it!
    Kelsey
    http://www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love magazines in the mail too, but they build up so fast. I have stacks I need to get through! It's a point of contention currently for my boyfriend and I! Haha.

    I love the blogging community too! They're so much going on always and it's so fun to have blogging friends like you :)

    Happy Friday Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I totally agree. I have some magazines from last fall/winter that I need to read. I figure I will just save them for those times this year! :)

      Delete
  9. Seeing something nice in the mailbox is always such a treat. Happy weekend, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for restocks! I am so sad when something I love is sold out in my size/color. I love finding new blogs except I've found so many that I'm like overloaded...so finding new ones is great but also stressful! Hahaha. So many to read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the weight loss! That's great to hear!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  12. New magazines are the best! and yay for Nordstrom restocks! You look great, Emily! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've really been enjoying finding new blogs through the link-ups I've been doing also. There are so many interesting blogs out there!

    ReplyDelete