Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday Favorites 7.17.15

Happy Friday!  If you have visited my blog before, you know the drill...I am linking up with Momfessionals, A Little Bit of Everything Blog, and Grace and Love Blog for my Friday Favorites!


I am also linking up with A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday.

 
The ESPY Awards.  This year was the first time I have ever watched the ESPYs.  I have to say...this may be my favorite awards show.  There were so many amazing stories told at this show.  I liked how the show was focused more on personal interest stories than the actual awards - at least that was my take away.  The speeches all came from the heart and I loved that they were not rushed.  There was no music to kick them off the stage mid-speech.  The Lauren Hill story brought tears to my eyes.  It is amazing to see such a young woman stay so positive, despite her illness and diagnoses.  I just truly enjoyed all aspects of this awards show which was definitely not what I was expecting. 
 
Girls weekend!  I am planning on getting some quality girl time in this weekend with one of my favorites.  I can't wait!  Any time I am with this girl, it is always such a good time.  It is hard to believe we met just a mere 2 years ago, by chance, at a mutual friend's bachelorette party.  We didn't know anyone else except the bride so we buddied up that night and have been such good friends ever since.  I am so lucky to have such a true friend in my life.
 
Freshly painted nails.  I did my nails last night and it was MUCH needed.  I chose to go with my very favorite color for my finger nails...Essie Master Plan.  It is the perfect shade of gray.  I love it for all seasons and all occasions.  I love the name, too.  Makes me feel like I am on the right path in my 'master plan.'
 
Kindle Unlimited.  For $9.99 a month, I have access to a bunch of "free" books.  They are free with my subscription.  It's perfect for me because I am a super fast reader...if I read just 3 books a month, then I get my money's worth.  It's perfect for the days when I am lazy and read a ton...I can just download a bunch and not have to worry about how much each one costs.
 
Morning workouts.  I have been working out in the mornings lately...my work schedule is a little unpredictable right now.  Some days I can be leaving on time, others I may be staying later.  In order to ensure I get a work out in, I go in the morning.  I don't feel I am getting as good of a work out as when I go after work, but it is something!  I love knowing that it is out of the way and I am free to spend my time however I want after work.
 
Hope you all have a great weekend!  Stay cool...we have a heat advisory for this weekend, so definitely will be toting around a bottle of water wherever I go!
 
 
  

2 comments:

  1. Girls weekends are the best! Have so much fun! I really should start working out in the morning too. When I get home from work I just want to relax. Also I've sometimes talked myself out of working out in the evenings because of a tough day at work or whatever, but if I went in the morning it'd already be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Espys - between all the sports watching with my husband and my celebrity obsession, I love when the two meet in this event! Enjoy your girls weekend - we're heading off to visit some friends from college later and weekends with friends are just the best!

    ReplyDelete