Thursday, July 16, 2015

10 Loves/Hates

Last Friday, Christina from The New Mrs, tagged me in her Friday Favorites post (thank you!!!).  She was tagged by others to list 10 things she loves, 10 things she hates, and then 10 bloggers to do the same.  I was so excited to see my name on this!  At first, 10 items didn't seem too hard, but as I was making my list I was having trouble coming up with the last few! 

Side note: Obviously my family and friends are at the top of my "love" list, so I figured they would be a given and decided to exclude them from my actual list.  Also, these items listed are in no particular order. 

LOVE
1. Wine.  I love wine.  As far as reds go, Pinot Noir is my absolute favorite.  I shared here the kind I recently tried.  It is SO smooth and delicious.  I also love a good Riesling when the weather is warmer and I am craving something crisp and cool.

2.  Reading.  I have always been a bookworm.  My tastes usually run to fiction/romance novels, but I love a good biography or historical read.

3.  A clean house.  When things are cluttered and messy, it stresses me out a little.  I feel like I can't totally relax because I am just thinking about what I need to do to clean up.  One of the best feelings is when my apartment is nice and clean.  I can just relax and enjoy, because there is nothing distracting me!

4.  Online shopping.  I used to love going to the mall.  LOVE it.  Now, I prefer online shopping.  I think that may be in part because I don't have my favorite shopping partner, my mom, close by to go to the mall.  But also, I think it is due to the fact that online shopping is just so easy and convenient!

5.  Movie theaters.  I love going to the movies.  It is one of my favorite things to do.  The popcorn is unbeatable...I love movie theater popcorn.  Pair popcorn (with butter and lots of salt), a pop and a great movie together and you will have one happy girl.

6.  Food.  I was going to name my favorite foods, but I couldn't narrow it down...I would have ten right there!  I just love food!  I think part of the things I love about food is sharing it with others.  There are few things better than sharing a great meal with your favorite people.  And food can just taste so dang good!

7.  Lists.  I really, really enjoy making lists.  I like to keep organized and I can be rather forgetful sometimes, so making lists helps to keep me on track.  Also, I love the feeling of accomplishment when I can cross something off a list. 

8.  Big purses.  I need a large bag...I carry way too much stuff to have a small purse.  I like being able to stick a sweater in my bag in case I get cold, water if I am thirsty, just anything I think I may need.  I like being prepared.  Not to mention, I just like the way they look!  

9.  Series.  I love series...whether it be a book series or TV series.  I like movie sequels, follow ups...basically I just like things to continue. 

10.  Fall.  I think fall is my favorite season.  I love the clothes, the smells (candles, leaves burning...), the food, the holidays, the trees...everything! 

HATE 
1.  Bad drivers.  I hate bad drivers, really, who doesn't?! 

2.  Driving in rain or snow...basically any type of precipitation.  I get so anxious knowing I have to drive some place if it is raining or snowing.  It is one of my least favorite things to do.

3.  Being late.  I hate being late.  I always tend to be on the early side and when I am unable to, it really bothers me! 

4.  Discontinued products.  I hate when some of my favorite things are discontinued.  I had worn the same eyeliner since I started wearing make up...but they discontinued it a year or two ago.  I was SO disappointed!  Luckily I think I have found some good replacements, but it still just isn't the same.  It happened with one of my favorite hair products, too!  I couldn't find the spray in stores anymore, so I finally looked online and realized that it was no longer available.  I am still trying to find a spray that I like as much as the old one.  

5.  Waking up before my alarm.  I hate when this happens...I am not talking about hours before my alarm, but when I wake up about 5-10 minutes before my alarm goes off...it is so frustrating.  I know I can't go back to sleep...even if I did, it would only be for 5 minutes before my alarm goes off.  Yet, I don't want to get up and start my day, because it isn't time to get up.  

6.  Mean people.  Throughout the years I have realized some people are just plain mean.  I don't understand why. 

7.  Doing dishes.  I know this is something that must be done, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.  When I was younger, I REALLY hated doing dishes.  I have gotten better, but it still isn't my favorite thing.  I just hate the way the food feels when it gets mushy and wet from the soap and water.  Thank goodness for dishwashers!

8.  Sleeping late.  I rarely sleep late...I think my body is just programmed to wake up early.  However, I am glad, because I am definitely a morning person.  If I sleep in too much, I feel like I am wasting the day.  I would rather be more productive in the morning so I can take it easy in the afternoon than sleep in late.  

9.  People on their phone at the gym.  Now, I am guilty of having my phone with me at the gym and occasionally texting while working out.  But what bothers me are those people that just sit on a machine and text the whole time.  Finish using that machine, then text back.  Don't use it as a chair or resting area while you scroll through instagram or Facebook.        

10.  Hearing people's music when they have headphones on.  This has happened at work and at the gym.  Someone will be listening to music, but it is so loud that you can hear it even though they are using headphones.  I am too scared to say anything, so it is partly my fault, but it can be really annoying.   

Now for my fellow bloggers...I am tagging you to list your 10 loves/hates! 

Mattie @ Northwest Native
Erin @ Fun, Love and Football
Astleigh @ Hill Collection
Laura @ Oh Laura Darling
Katelyn @ Simply Sunflour
Julie & Vi @ sayyestohappy
Emily @ Comfortably Classic
Molly @ Colors of Life
Kelsey @ The Peacock Roost
Lindsay @ Lindsay's Sweet World

8 comments:

  1. Emily! Thanks so much for adding us on your list, what a surprise. I will work on my post now and put it up next week :)

    I agree with so many of the items on your list like: being a bookworm, making lists, and loving food!

    Thanks again for thinking of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yay I'm so excited to fill this out! Let me just say...I could honestly copy and paste your list and it would work for me hahaha. Of course I won't, but holy cow, we are like twins! I would comment all my agreements but....it's literally all of them. Down to the reason I don't shop in the mall being that I can't go with my mom aka my favorite shopping partner.

    I guess the only difference is I use medium size purses a lot but I still do love a good big purse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - I agree, it didn't seem hard at first but then I was like how much longer until 10?? Wine, online shopping and of course food - yes, yes and yes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw this after I read Mattie's post! Will post it soon! Also I think we are like SUPER similar....music in headphones, people talking at the gym.....we may be related ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow…I'm just now catching up on your blog (I'm always so behind on my blog reading!) Thanks for nominating me!! I posted it last Friday :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, too! I definitely will be spending the next few days catching up!

      Delete