Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Summer TV

Summertime can be tricky in regards to finding something really good to watch on TV.  Normally, all our favorite shows are just ending.  Ideally everyone would be out of their houses, enjoying the amazing weather, grilling, walking, playing, swimming...the list could go on.  However, the weather isn't always great and it is nice to relax while watching TV.  Sometimes you just want to get out of the sun and heat (and humidity!) into the nice, cool air conditioning to zone out in front of the TV. 

I thought I would share with you what I am watching this summer.  I have not yet joined the Netflix bandwagon...not exactly sure why because it sounds right up my alley, but it is just something I haven't done yet.  I have plenty of shows on DVD/blu ray to watch, but sometimes you just want something new! 

Here are my recommendations:


Tyrant.  The second season of Tyrant just started and my goodness is it great!  I really enjoyed the first season and it seems the show has only gotten better with the second.  I don't even know where to start with this show...you just have to watch it! 


Real Housewives of Orange County.  This show has been a favorite for years.  I am so glad that Vicki is still on..."the OG of the OC!"  She is killing it this season - I love the haircut!  Tamara seems a bit lost at the beginning.  You have to love her though, even with all the drama because she means so well.  I cannot wait to see Heather's home.  I really hope we see more of it this season.  One of my favorite moments from this season has been when she told Terry they were over-budget on the kitchen cabinets...by $135...thousand.  Over-budget. $135,000.  Mind blowing.  She owns it, and I love that about her.  Shannon's focusing on her marriage.  I think that it is super brave of her to be on the show while going through everything.  And there is the new girl, Meghan.  She seems like a down to earth girl.  I have high hopes for her. 


The Astronaut Wives Club.  I really think this is going to be a good show.  I had wanted to read the book before I watched the show, but I haven't gotten to it yet.  I would have loved to live during this time...the clothes were fabulous and the cars were SO cool.  Life seemed so much simpler back then.  I know that wasn't necessarily the case, but it just appears very idyllic.  I just watched the first episode last week (I am a little behind on my DVR) and the sneak peek of the rest of the season shows that SO much is going to happen.  I can't wait to watch!


Rich Kids of Beverly Hills.  This show cracks me up.  It really can provide such good laughs.  Morgan is my favorite.  She has such clever little quips.  Also, her engagement to Brendan is super sweet.  You can really tell how much they love each other.  I know some people think this show is ridiculous, but I think it's all in how you look at it.  If you try to take them too seriously, it's just not going to work, in my opinion.  However, if you look at it as entertainment, then I believe you will enjoy it.  I know I do!

What shows are you watching this summer?  I'd love to hear!

4 comments:

  1. My summer shows are Pretty Little Liars (I know...embarrassing but I'm obsessed!) and Extreme Weight Loss! I watched Real Housewives of the OC years ago and Vicki cracked me up. She's so crazy and kind of ditsy, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real Housewives of OC - Love!! I finally had time to watch the first two Astronaut Wives Club episodes this weekend - I couldn't get into it at first but then poured some wine and I'm SO glad I stuck with it! Haha Morgan is my favorite too - I always tell my husband she and Brendan remind me of us with their bickering and laughing - we're going to Beverly Hills in August and I'd die if I ran into her haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Rich Kids although I don't always openly admit it, but we're all friends here right? hahah I totally agree- Morgan is hilarious and you really can't take any of them too seriously. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who indulges in this show :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really been enjoying The Astronaut Wives Club. I liked the book as well.

    ReplyDelete