Thursday, June 25, 2015

Owning It

I am "owning it" today through a fun link up with The New Mrs


I love these types of link ups because usually I read them and think "oh, me too!" on at least a few things. 

Everyone has their little peculiarities.  So today, I am owning mine.

I have a thing with color coding.  Everything in my closet is color coded.  Everything in my dresser is color coded.  I color code the colors, light to dark.  It's a small obsession.

I always finish books.  Even if I don't like the book at all, I will read it.  There is something about starting a book and not seeing it through to the end that I just hate.  Sometimes it gets better, but other times it is still just a bad book.  But I will read until the end.

I don't really enjoy manicures or pedicures. (GASP!)  They just aren't my thing.  I just dont understand the point of paying for someone to do my nails when I can do them myself.  And I have had bad experiences when I have gotten my nails done...they tell me they are dry, but I leave and chip one right away.  That is so frustrating!     

I always have my toe nails painted.  ALWAYS.  I know a lot of people leave them alone in the winter, let them breathe, but not this girl.  I just don't like the way they look plain! 

I don't like credit cards.  I would much rather use a debit card.  I would just rather have the money be taken out of my account as I buy things, that way I know exactly how much I have without having to factor in credit card payments.  However, the pros of using a credit card have been preached to me over and over, so I do use mine all the time.  But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

When I was younger I used to LOVE coffee.  We would have it after dinner when we got together with my mom's side of the family and I would always beg for a little cup of coffee.  Now, I really dislike it.  Like A LOT.  It's not just coffee either - anything coffee flavored, coffee scented, is not my cup of tea. 

What are your quirks?  I can't wait to read all the other posts in this link up!

9 comments:

  1. Hey, lady! I'm stopping by from the Own It linkup! I love reading these kind of posts, too! It's fun learning about everyone's quirks right? I used to love my debit card too, like hated my cc but then my husband was like NO, only use your CC because of idendity theft. He knows a lot of people that have dealt with fraudulent charges and so now I only use my Debit in an emergency or to get cash. #boocard

    I always finish books too, even ones I hate. I just can't leave it be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only think of one book I abandoned in the middle. And another that I started (barely) and then just stopped reading but fully intend to actually read it one day!

    I ONLY got a CC so I could have a credit score. So I try to only buy small things and then immediately pay it off, just to build up my score. But I've found it useful when there's a $200 vet bill or something and payday feels far away!

    And of course, ditto on the toenails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't drink coffee at all- but I do like things that have a coffee flavor/scent to them haha! I'm weird, I guess! ;) I HAVE to finish books too.... even if it wasn't good I still need to know how it ended ya know?! Fun link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you love color coding as much as me! Also, totally agree on the toe nails. Mine are pretty much always painted even in the winter. It just makes me feel more put together!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always need my toes painted too – I can’t remember the last time they were left bare. I’m 100% with you on the credit thing – I literally pay my credit card bills once a week to stay on top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about credit cards, who wants to build up debt?

    I always have to finish reading books too. I love to read!

    I don't really enjoy getting my nails done either, I hear ya girl!

    This was fun, thanks for sharing, happy to have found you through the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I DESPISE nail salons too. The only time I went was for prom and homecoming and now I only step in to get my eyebrows waxed....they're always like "Nails, too?" NO MA'AM!!! I do my own pedicures and manicures. Ha, totally love that you color code your closet because I am all about that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like manis/pedis either! I think they are too expensive, and I would just mess them up within three days.

    Lately I prefer hot tea at home. I might get fancy coffee drinks if we are near a coffee shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm the exact same about my toes. They have to be painted! I just hate looking at them plain too. I on the other hand love me a mani/pedi. I feel the same way about my CC, I try my best not to use it unless I absolutely have to. :)

    ReplyDelete