Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Baby Shower

This past weekend we celebrated my sister-in-law and Baby D with a baby shower.  It was a ton of fun! 

We had the shower at this wonderful restaurant/bakery, Lost in Time, in a town close to where I grew up.  The location was perfect.  Lost in Time offers a private room off the bakery and my goodness, were the smells amazing as we set up.  My mouth was just watering by the time we had everything in place.  We opted for a brunch and it did not disappoint.  We had a breakfast casserole with eggs, hash browns, asparagus and ham, a spinach and egg quiche, bacon and sausage, bite size muffins and cinnamon rolls.  The breakfast casserole was by far my favorite, it was SO delicious.  I also loved how the plates for the buffet were mismatched china patterns...it really added a bit of charm and whimsy to the brunch.

My mom is super crafty and she really out did herself with the decor.  Although I helped with some of the ideas, all of the credit goes to her. 

 
Welcoming everyone to the shower.  Baby D's nursery is gray with accents of yellow, so that is the route we went for the shower.   


 
How precious is this picture of my brother?! We put baby pictures of my brother and sister-in-law at the tables, using antique frogs to display.  

 
The centerpieces were these adorable jugs from Ikea filled with yellow mum flowers and fern greens.  My mom also added some gray and yellow ribbon for a little extra detail.


 
My sister-in-law is a big fan of tea.  We went with a few packets of tea for the favors - ice tea and English breakfast tea.  Thanks to Pinterest, I found the saying "A Baby's A Brewin'" to add to the tag.  Since we had a few younger girls at the shower, we went with animal crackers as a little treat for them.
 
 
For both the food and the present table, we added a banner to the front.  To make it even cuter we used my brother's old baby diaper pins to attach them to the tableclothes.  I thought that was a really sweet touch.
 
It would be safe to say that everyone had a great time.  My sister-in-law, Jen, looked amazing, and I think her and my brother got some great gifts to help them prepare for the arrival of Baby D.  It was wonderful to see everyone, too.  Showers are a great excuse to get everyone together, which is so nice, especially with my dad's side of the family.  He is one of ten, so it is hard to get everyone together very often.  I think we ended up staying about an hour later than we had anticipated, just because everyone was catching up and visiting.  Luckily, it sounds like we have some weddings coming up next year, so we will have plenty of excuses between bridal showers and the actual weddings to see each other! 

Unfortunately, I did NOT take any pictures of the mom-to-be or anyone for that matter.  Major fail, especially considering one of my June Goals was to take more pictures!  Hopefully I can improve on that by the end of the month!

Tomorrow I will be back with a few shower activity ideas.  We didn't do "games" per say, but we did have a few things planned.  I can't wait to share with you! 
     

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! I had never been to a shower of any kind before this year but I love them! They're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute shower! I love the personal touches too- those make them so special! And the tea is such a perfect favor for a tea-lover-- I will have to remember that for some friends of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love showers!! I love how many "little things" you guys did to make it personable - looks like it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete