Monday, August 7, 2017

TBB Asks + A Long Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  The ladies over at The Blend Blog are hosting their monthly 'asks' link up, and I am excited to participate this month.  I'm answering their questions first, then sharing my weekend recap below!  

Pool, lake or ocean?  Lake! 

Camping, cottage or hotel?  Cottage!  Preferably by the lake.

Favorite ice cream flavor?  Hands down, Blue Moon.

PJ's, Nightgown, T-Shirt/Shorts or Birthday Suit?  It's a toss up between PJ's and T-Shirt/Shorts.  I am slowly growing my PJ collection.

Fave Summer Beverage?  Regular - water, alcoholic - probably a Moscow Mule or a Wine Slushie!  Both are so refreshing.  I do love a beer in the summer, too.

Would you rather be hot or cold?  Neither?  If I had to choose, probably cold.  I get kind of sick when I am too hot, and when I am cold, well I am just dang cold, but at least no sickness!

Sandals with heels or flats?  Usually flat - perfect for being outside and walking around!

Shorts or skirts?  I usually go for dresses, but rarely wear skirts, unless at work, so sounds like shorts.

Sit in the sun or the shade?  In the sun, with lots of SPF and a hat!

Water, tea, or soda (or as I would say - pop!)?  Definitely water.  I drink tea almost everyday at work, but more so because I know green tea is good for me.  I do love Coke and Dr. Pepper, but rarely have pop myself.  If anything, just at the movies, or steal a few sips here and there.  I love water, though!

Fave summer fruit, vegetable?  Plums are probably my favorite fruit, and cucumbers fresh from the garden are by far my favorite veggie!

Sunrise or sunset?  I love sunsets.  It's amazing how they light up the sky.

Bike ride or walk?  Walk.  

Winery or brewery?  Winery!  Although breweries are super fun, too, I much prefer a gorgeous winery.

Garden or no garden?  I don't have one myself, but growing up we did and my parents still do.  I'd love to have one when I get my own place, though.

Big summer concert or music in the park?  I am not a big concert fan, so definitely music in the park.

Fave cookout food?  That is a tough one - I love it all!

Dine indoors or patio?  If the weather is right, for sure the patio.

Fave summer destination?  No doubt, Michigan!

Big theme park or local carnival?  Rides are not my thing, so the theme park is out.  I do love carnival food, so that wins!

Drinks blended or on the rocks?  Both - I am not picky.

Popsicle of choice?  Grape!  Or cherry.

Hot Dog or Hamburger?  Uh, one of each please?  Too hard to choose! 

Now onto the weekend!

I shared on Friday that I was taking a long weekend.  It was so nice!  I had a relaxing Friday morning, and then we headed out to Cedar Lake Cellars to drink a little wine and enjoy the gorgeous weather.  I really like this winery - it's so pretty and they have awesome wine slushies.  This time, I had their lemonade wine slushie and it was so yummy!  As the afternoon went on, they had a berry one, which I heard was super good mixed with the lemonade slushie, but I never made it to get one of those.  Nothing sounded super great on their menu for lunch (they have really good stuff - just wasn't what I wanted right then!), so we headed to Olympia Kebob House & Taverna.  They have really yummy Greek food and a patio, which was perfect for this weather.  I love all the blue and white umbrellas!  After a late lunch, I was hoping to pick up some gifts.  Of course, after two stores (at two different malls), I was empty handed so that was a bit of a bust.  The rest of the day was spent resting and relaxing.








Saturday I had plans to meet with a friend for coffee, so it was up early to get in a work out.  It was in the high 50s when I went out to walk which I absolutely love!  Cool mornings like that just remind me of fall.  And as you probably know, fall is my favorite!  Instead of coffee, I grabbed a smoothie and had a nice morning chatting it up.  I ran to the library afterwards, and honestly, didn't do much else the rest of the day.  It was kind of dreary and overcast all day, which made it perfect for catching up on some DVR'd shows and reading.

I was up again early on Sunday due to my internal alarm clock.  I got a few things done cleaning-wise, before I hit the gym and the grocery store before church.  I headed to Michaels afterwards, to pick up a basket and got sucked into browsing their fall items.  There were a few things I really wanted, but I felt like that fell in the 'no spend' area, so I just kept to looking.  Besides, I figure I need to take inventory of my stuff before making any new decor purchases.  The rest of the day was as productive as Saturday was lazy.



Onto Monday and the start of the week.  Hope everyone has a great one!

Linking up with the ladies at The Blended Blog and Biana

24 comments:

  1. Michigan all the way baby!!! Cedar Lake Cellars looks awesome and relaxing!! I'm so happy you participated and yes, to another Water drinking girl!! So important!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for calling it POP-that is totally a Midwest thing haha, none of us say 'soda'. Hasn't the cool weather in the mornings and evenings been amazing!? Perfect running/walking weather! I am loving seeing all of the fall décor, but not ready to buy any or start putting it out just yet! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont have any matching PJ's which should be a crime! I'm really excited for cool mornings too! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved learning some more about you, I totally meant to do this link up and forgot haha. Michigan is my favorite too!! That winery looked so fun, a great weekend indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you get any fall decorations from Michaels? I've been really good at Hobby Lobby but I'm just waiting until later this month before I start buying new decorations haha! I'm still so impressed that you're doing so much before church on Sundays! Way to go!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to a cottage by the lake, and winery over brewery! (although I love breweries too) That winery you went to looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cucumbers, too!! This weekend we had such cool mornings too. I definitely thought it was fall. I had to run in capri's and a long sleeve tee. What happened to summer?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't do well physically if I get too hot! I always end up with a headache and nauseous. I'm such a wimp in my old age! I am loving these cool mornings. I need some PJs. I think I would do well if I would just try them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That wine slushie sounds delicious!! How is it time for fall décor already?! I'm excited for it but can't believe it's almost here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you had a nice long weekend. Those wine slushies sound amazing! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of your answers for the TBB summer questions! For me I feel like it would be so hard to choose between an brewery and a winery, but as of right now I guess it's neither for me. I can't believe that there's already fall stuff out! It just seems way too early, but then again September is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still have yet to experience a Michigan summer, and need to get up to a nice cottage on the lake! And a wine slushie?! Yes please :-D
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything about this is great! Wine slushies sound amazing! And my goodness you made me so happy with the picture of fall decor! My fave time of year is soooo close! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmmm that wine slushie looks so delicious! I still need to check out summertime in Michigan!

    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a really fun link up, I'll have to keep it in mind for next month! The winery and weather sounds (and looks) beautiful! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved reading your answers from the TBB asks linkup and feel like we had quite a few in common. I'd love to experience a Michigan summer on the lake...one of my besties has a family lake house there so I should convince her to plan a girls summer trip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute that your weekend wrap up completely backed up half of your asks answers! Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A cottage by the lake sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never heard of blue moon ice cream or tried a plum! Guess I am missing out. I'd love to go to the fair with you - no rides and lots of good food :) I've also been hearing lots of hype about wine slushies! Sounds great for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. There is nothing in the world better than a cottage at the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  21. haha, I love the one of each of hot dog and hamburger. And I've never had blue moon ice cream, I must remedy this immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun post! I'm with you on the Moscow Mule in the summer. It's so refreshing! And what a gorgeous winery! We have so many wineries we love in Virginia, we seem to visit one at least once a month! I've never had a wine slushie though. It sounds delicious!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  23. WINE SLUSHIE??!!! That sounds amazing. thanks for linking up with TBB!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What fun survey questions! I soo wish I liked water more, but I really have to force myself to drink it. A lemonade wine slushie sounds so good and that looks like such a gorgeous location for a drink. I know it's kind of early, but all of the fall decor out makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete