Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Recipe Round Up: July 2017

I am not going to lie, I had a little trouble remembering what new items I made last month.  I feel like with my new pesto obsession, there were a lot (read my Pesto 4 Ways post here), but honestly I came up with just one!



Beer Cheese Chili from Mix and Match Mama.  I actually just made this the past weekend, so at the very tail end of July!  I was craving chili, and thought this would be a yummy one to try.  Overall, I think it's a great chili recipe!  I like the addition of the jalapeno in there, and it's really not too spicy (note, I also purchased the mild chili beans).  I feel like the name is a bit deceiving, though, because you don't actually add cheese to the chili until the end as a garish.  Also, I added almost the whole bottle of beer to the chili, minus a few sips I took beforehand.  I thought it still had a great consistency, even with the added liquid.  I think this would be a great one to have going in the crockpot, too during a chilly day.  I've never really transferred a stove top recipe to the crockpot, though, but I think if I did with this, I would probably make it all on the stove, then just transfer to the crockpot and keep on low or warm for a few hours, to really let all the flavors meld together.  

I really feel like I am missing a few recipes, but I can't think of them!  Instead, I am going to share with you some new to me food items I have been lovely lately.



Obviously, Buitoni Pesto.  This pesto is delicious and I am obsessed.  Thanks to those that commented yesterday - I can't wait to give your pesto meal recommendations a try!  

I have been wanting something cold and sweet in the evenings, so instead of ice cream, I picked up this Outshine Fruit Bars (Grape) during my last grocery store trip.  Yum!!!  I love the grape flavor, but they have a lot of different options that I want to try out!  These guys are only 60 calories, too!

I love chips, and pita chips are one of my favorites - they have such a great crunch and pair so well with hummus!  Stacy's brand has Fire Roasted Jalapeno chips, which I love.  I can't handle things that are too spicy, but these guys have a great amount of kick without being too much.  And speaking of hummus, I really like Boar's Head hummus.  I've been getting the little individual packs, which are great for a snack and help me with portion control!

Linking up with Jenn and Jessi.    


16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that chili looks amazing! I love all her recipes! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chili looks sooo good! I've been loving the fruit&veg outshine bars that come in a variety pack-- except there's always one flavor I don't care for so I wish you could get them in single flavor packs too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The strawberry outshine bars are great too. I do love the grape ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that beer cheese chili sounds delicious and perfect for tailgate season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok outshine bars are my absolute fav! I would eat full boxes when I was preggo with Andi! haha That chili reallllly makes me long for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy deliciousness! That chili looks amazing, and would be perfect simmering all day in the crockpot this fall <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I can't wait for cooler weather to try that chili! It all looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try that pesto!!! And I'm buying outshine bars today! Sounds so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I LOVE those Stacy's chips! I went through a phase where I ate them almost every day for years. Haha.

    I haven't tried Shay's Beer Cheese Chili but it sounds soooo good. I always love a good recipe with beer in it! My mom makes beer bread and it's the best bread you'll ever put in your mouth. I really need to put that recipe on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That beer cheese chili does sound amazing! I don't know why, but I always crave soups and stuff in the summer, even though it might be 100 degrees outside!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hummus and pita chips.....yum!!! And I need to get some of those fruit bars. I see them all the time but never think about actually grabbing them. I will this weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Outshine fruit bars; strawberry or peach are usually my jam. I've never tried the grape though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to try that beer cheese chill recipe! So many extra ingredients that I love! Pinning so I remember to make it in the warmer months...FL is wayyyy to hot for soups and chili right now Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am loving the outshine bars too!! Like you, I also opted out of the ice cream and tried these for a healthier option. You have to try to strawberry..they're my FAV! I also love the raspberry. Ah, they're all just so good!

    www.therookiewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been craving chili too! We went to 2 breweries over vaca and I ordered chili at both, it was delish!

    ReplyDelete