Friday, August 11, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  As always, it's good to see the end of another week!

1.  My mom and I email almost every morning during the week.  We have been doing this since I went off to college, so 12 years now.  Wow, that pretty much just blew my mind!  I can't believe it has been that long.  Anyways, back on topic, my mom has always been creative and she often ends her emails with things like 'have a marvelous Monday', or 'make it a terrific Tuesday', so using an adjective that starts with the same letter as the day of the week.  I noticed it this past Monday and just thought how fun it was.  One thing that I really appreciate about my mom is how she really takes the time and puts in the effort (while making it seem effortless) to make things a little more fun or special - case in point with her emails.

2.  Although I was born and bred a Cubs fan, I do appreciate the Cardinals the longer I live in the area.  There was a really fun story from the Wednesday game, and I think it's better appreciated when you watch the video (see here), but to summarize, a kitten got on the field during the game.  A precious little furry kitten.  It's kind of hilarious to see, and definitely will put a smile on your face.  Not only that, but right after the kitten was taken off the field, Yadi hit a grand slam, and the Cardinals ended up winning the game.  The kitten was dubbed the Rally Cat and already has its own twitter account


Related image   

3.  Yesterday's Girl Chat post on dream vacations has me itching to travel!!!  Luckily I have a few upcoming trips and while they are still a ways away, I am having so much fun looking into things to do.  New York is on the books for December, and I am so excited to experience the holiday season in NYC!  Again, a long way off, but at the rate this year is moving, it will be here before we know it!

4.  I would love to upgrade my luggage, and saw that Macy's has the Delsey Chatelet luggage on sale.  I have seen this luggage on a whole bunch of blogs and have always loved the classic look.  The price tag isn't my favorite, but between the regular sale price, the additional percent off you can get, plus the $50 rebate, it seems much more reasonable.  Unfortunately, I will be over here just hoping for another good sale after August, because one of my August Goals was to do a no spend month.  I kind of think this purchase would fall under 'wants' rather than 'needs'.  Although, let's be honest, I could probably convince myself it is a necessity.


5.  I shared the picture below on Monday, but it's for sure a favorite, so I am sharing again.  I cannot wait to decorate for fall.  I know fall technically doesn't start until later in September, but I feel like the first of September is fair game.  My mom is coming down that weekend to help me decorate and I am really looking forward to it.  We always have a great time decorating together, and I am excited to see how we can change things up just a bit from prior years (Fall Decor 2016 / Fall Decor 2015).     


Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.  

19 comments:

  1. I like the classic look of that luggage too, definitely perfect for your NYC holiday trip! So exciting! Have a great weekend :-)

    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could convince myself to buy anything LOL!! But I'm sure you'll still get a good deal on the luggage after august! Your mom is so sweet and I love your email tradition! I talk to my mom on the way to work every day andhave since college! xo,Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for Fall too, last time I'll decorate this house and hope my Fall decor sells it, lol. Love the closeness you and your mama have? Happy weekend gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that luggage too but I do not want to spend that much on a carry on--especially since I'm not much of a carry on fan and almost always check my luggage! Love that you mom emails you every morning! So sweet!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is your mom? Mom's make everything so much better. That cat was so funny, my husband was telling me about it yesterday. I love NYC and have been dying to go during the holidays, you're going to have so much fun!! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Mom sounds like the sweetest! You can tell you two have an awesome relationship! And yeeeeeees to all the fall decorations! I picked up a couple of things the other day from Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom does always seem to add fun little touches to everything! I love all the videos of that cat running around during the game. I LOVE that luggage. I've had my eyes on the champagne color for a while but haven't been able to justify the price. So jealous of your NYC trip! You're going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you guys email so much! That's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw that's so cute about you and your mom. my mum and i used to email every day but not so much anymore - we still do, just not everyday. i think it's super cute. i love that cat. i'm not a baseball (er, we're talking about baseball, right?) fan but i would be for that cat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your mom. She really does sound like the sweetest, most thoughtful lady! Everything you say about her reminds me of my mom and I think that's why I love hearing about her so much. <3

    And yessss to all the fall decorations! Heather posted about all things fall today and I literally got chills as I was reading. I'm so ready!! T-minus 20 days until I can decorate my house!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw that kitten on the news. I know it bit the guy, but he was a little rough with it. I'm not really into sports. That's cute about you & your Mom e mailing each other everyday & that she is really positive.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute you and your mom do that! My mom and I send a text each morning and it's the best way to start the day!

    You won't be sorry with the luggage - I only have the carryon but you can fit so much and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. NYC in December will be amazing! I'm going in a few weeks for my 30th birthday and I'm beyond excited. Going around Christmas in on my bucket list! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tradition of emailing with your mom is too sweet! And I love all of those fall decorations! I decorated my house for Fall on September 1st last year, and plan to this year too! I want to be able to have it out for as long as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love that you and your mom email the first thing every day. When my daughter is away at school we keep a Snapchat streak going so I guess that's kind of the same thing. I'm sort of ready to decorate for fall...but I'm definitely not ready for summer to end. I'd have it be summer 365 if I could. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. NYC is such a favorite! I'm dying to go back and take my daughters. I went once when I was 28, again a few years back for a friends 40th for NY eve and it was AMAZING! Every bit of our trip just fell into place and the next thing we knew we were listening to Myley Cyrus sing Wrecking Ball and watching the ball drop!! Be sure to check out the do not tell bar if you are looking for something kind of different and fun. It's a little speakeasy where you have to make reservations but show up to the address and it's a freaking hot dog restaurant....then you go into a phone booth inside the restaurant and pick up a phone..and next thing you know a secret door opens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. eeeek I can't believe it's almost time for fall... decorating is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that you guys email each morning! THat's the sweetest thing.

    ReplyDelete