Monday, July 24, 2017

Weekend Recap: I Found My Church!

Happy Monday!  As always, I could use just one more day - it never fails.

Friday night was a wild one, filled with a stop at the library, cleaning and reading.  Getting crazy!

My Saturday was a good one.  I had a very product morning, completing a few of my July goals, and then headed to meet a friend for lunch.  We hadn't seen each other in way too long, so it was great to catch up.  We tried out Firebirds, getting a bunch of apps to share.  I love when we go out to eat together, because we enjoy eating the same way.  By that I mean we both really like trying different things and sharing.  With two of the dishes, they had this tortilla slaw with a mango chutney.  SO GOOD.  I need to figure out how to make it myself.  I think it would be great with some pulled pork or chicken, or on top some grilled chicken.  When I dropped her off, I got to see her little one, who is just so dang cute.  He's a happy little guy and does not stop smiling.  I don't feel like I did a ton when I got home, but I was pretty productive in the morning, which totally made relaxing warranted.  I did try out my new Clarisonic (part of the Nordstrom sale), though, which I am pretty sure I am going to love!  It felt really good!  Almost soothing in a way!  My skin is on the sensitive side, though, so I plan to only do it every other day, just to be on the safe side.

I was up early on Sunday to head to the gym, before getting ready for church.  If you remember, one of my New Year's Resolutions was to find a church.  Well, I am pretty sure I found mine!  I know it was only the first visit, but everyone was just so nice and welcoming.  It was a Methodist church, which is what I grew up in, and while it was a bit more contemporary than what I was used to, it still had some of those traditional elements that I grew up with.  The sermon was really great, and it wasn't even the main pastor.  It was kind of funny, because I went in just thinking I would sit in the back, kind of slip in and slip out, but that was not the case at all.  I was introduced to all these lovely ladies, invited to sit with one couple, and even went out to lunch with one of the ladies after church!  It was one of those things where she asked and it was so nice, I just felt I could not say no.  I am so glad I just went for it, because we ended up sitting there talking for about 2 hours!  I am really excited to go back next week.  Hopefully I will feel this same excitement after a second visit!  I ran to the grocery store, then did normal Sunday chores.  I am a big fan of the Shahs of Sunset and the very first season was on all day, so I got sucked in the old episodes while I did things around the apartment.  I was hoping to make it to the pool one day this weekend, but both were so very hot, it just seemed miserable to be out, even in the water.  My boss gave me some tomatoes from his garden on Friday, so I made a caprese pesto salad!  I just used store bought pesto, but it was delicious!  I didn't knock off everyone on my to do list (typical) but all in all it was a great weekend!       

Linking up with Biana.

23 comments:

  1. Love a good dinner with a friend- especially when you can share food LOL!! The caprese sounds amazing! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woowww! It sounds like this congregation is amazing! Even invited you to lunch?! How incredible! That is how the church should be. I love it. Thanks for sharing! Have a great week. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finding a church! They sound so sweet and welcoming. What a nice first visit! :) The caprese pesto salad sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl we would have a great time out to dinner! I love to eat the same way! And yay for finding a church, that really is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you've found a church! And it's so sweet that they were so welcoming and that you already went out to eat with one of the ladies! I'm so, so happy to hear this! Have a great day at work today!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! That's awesome that you found your church! So happy for you! It sounds like the congregation was so welcoming!

    Did you get a sensitive head for your Clarisonic? That really helped me before when I had one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm so glad you found your church, and it's great that everyone was so welcoming! That's how all churches should be. And that Caprese Pesto Salad sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like such a great weekend! I'm so happy you found a church that you love! I grew up Methodist as well (we go to a Baptist church now but I consider myself both lol) and am glad you found a church that was welcoming and made you feel excited to go back. I'm so glad you took her up on the lunch offer! That will make you feel even more at home the next time you go back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh that is the best!! Glad you found your church. You just "know" it and it clicks, right? Cheers to a fab weekend and an even better week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoooooooray for a church home. That is the best feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome that you found a church you enjoyed. I knew after visit one at the church I'm at that it was the one for me. The people felt like family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So awesome you found a church! My husband and I are in that process right now!! Its so nice to feel welcome and get to know people :) Glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so wonderful that you found a church to call home. It sounds like it's going to be a really great place... that's awesome that everyone was so welcoming! Hopefully each week will just get better and better from here on out!

    P.S. I enjoyed reading your interview over at Whimsical September. I learned a couple of things that I didn't know about you already!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you found a good church! We're on a constant struggle with our church. We're LDS, but we don't really love our church here, so it's hard. What a great weekend though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEST FEELING EVER!!! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATS! You've totally just inspired me to get serious about finding a church. It's been on our list forever, and we need to make it happen <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  17. yay! I'm so happy to hear this news. It make a huge difference to feel a connection and calling when you're attending church. God is so good! Congrats. XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's so awesome that you think that you found your church! I hope that your second visit is just as great as your first!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for finding a church! Having a church you call home is seriously one of the sweetest things ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on finding a church! One of the best feelings ever isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. This makes me so happy! First impressions are everything and it's so hard to find a pastor/message you like and have all of the other important things add up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is so exciting! I had the same thing on my list for 2017 too, no such luck yet :) I grew up methodist too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your new church! That's huge! It's so nice to go to a new church and be noticed. Sounds like you've found a place where you'll feel right at home.

    ReplyDelete