Monday, July 10, 2017

Show & Tell Tuesday: Best Recipes

Happy Show & Tell Tuesday Monday!  I am sharing my best recipes with you today, since tomorrow is book review day!

(Not all are pictured, because I have wayyy too many for one graphic!)

I decided to break it down by category to be a little more organized.

Breakfast:
My mom's Monkey Bread is by far my very favorite breakfast recipe.  This recipe is one that we grew up eating Christmas morning, which makes it all the more special.  But honestly, how can you go wrong with dough, butter, cinnamon, sugar and brown sugar?

Apps:
I had a hard time choosing the best recipe for this, so I have a few for you.  First up, Nacho Dip.  This is such a crowd pleaser and it is SO EASY!  It is a little heavier, and while I will eat it any time of the year, I definitely think it is best suited for fall / winter.  I shared Bachelorette Party Dip most recently, and it is also a crowd pleaser!  It's a bit lighter, which makes it perfect for these warmer months.  A few of my other favorites include Bruschetta and Pickle Roll Up Dip.  I still need to share them on the blog, but hopefully will be doing that in the next few months!  

Salads:
I go through phases with salads, and while these aren't two of my own, personal recipes, they are so good!  Chopped Salad with Roasted Vegetables from Tiffani Thiessen and Mandarin Pasta Spinach Salad from Creme de la Crumb.  The chopped salad is one of my very favorites - my mom introduced me to it and I pretty much as her to make it anytime she comes to visit.  The roasted veggies with the other ingredients just pair so well together - it's delicious!  We just pair it with a light salad dressing that we already have, and it's so good.  Sarah introduced me to the Mandarin Pasta Spinach Salad - I honestly was a little leery at first with the oranges and the craisins, but I loved it!  I actually tried to make the dressing the recipe calls for, but it didn't work out for me, so I just use a store bought balsamic dressing.  Both salads are super yummy, can be made ahead and eaten on for pretty much all week if they are not dressed.

Entrees:
You will notice the recipes I am about to share are basically all for comfort food, which obviously is the best.  And they are all of my mom's recipes!  Beef and Noodles, Mom's Meatloaf, Stuffed Shells, French Oven Beef Stew, and Chicken Noodle Soup.  I feel like none of these need any explanation as to why they are the best in my eyes.  One recipe that is not my mom's but that I also love is Beef Fasolia.  Yum!  I am just going to add a few more - this isn't really a recipe, but marinading chicken in Italian dressing, then grilling, is one of my favorite ways to have chicken breasts.  Also, I love Andrea's Pulled Pork and Enchiladas from Mix And Match Mama.  Seriously, I could go on and on so I will make myself stop now!

Sides:
I am for sure a sides girl, especially at cookouts and big dinners like Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I will take a little bit of meat, then load up on all the sides.  Broccoli, Cheese & Rice Casserole is my favorite when it comes to sides.  Another recipe that is usually only made for holidays or get together, it is always such a treat!

Desserts:
I honestly can't pick just one.  Chocolate Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are a staple on vacation - having a few of those packed in the cooler to have with lunch at the beach is the best.  Of course, they are good anywhere, not just at the beach.  Pumpkin Squares just go with fall and are always so delicious.  Since it makes a big pan, I find myself actively looking for a reason to make them, just so I can have some myself!  And Christmas would not be complete without my aunt's Snowball Surprise Cookies.  A cookie with M&M's and powdered sugar?! Yes, please!

I really could go on and on all day about recipes and food, so please, if you have a favorite / best recipe, share in the comments!


You can check my 2017...
Show & Tell Tuesday: Summer Home Tour 

...and 2016 Show & Tell Tuesday posts below.


Linking up with Andrea.

12 comments:

  1. It's not fall but pumpkin squares sound delicious right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all sound so yummy, I'm always on the hunt for new recipes and I can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE comfort food, probably a little too much and all of those sound amazing! I've never made monkey bread but I'm pretty sure my kids would flip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monkey bread is my favorite! Always makes me think of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Desserts are my love language!!! I am even more ready for fall because of those pumpkin bars! YUM!! I'm so ready for pumpkin everything!! And I had forgotten all about that mandarin orange salad! It was so good!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've shared so many great recipes! I still really love the bachelorette dip, but that nacho dip sounds so amazing! Anything nacho related I'm going to be all over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummo! You know I'm a,ways crazy about the recipes you share! Today, I did the 3 Things Survey and mentioned you! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these recipes sound so good! Monkey bread is one of my favorite things too, though I can't even remember the last time I had it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to try those pumpkin squares! They look so good. And MAN, am I excited for fall!! Once 4th of July is over I'm ready for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl! We LOVE monkey bread in the Pegram house! Thanks for sharing all your yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Broccoli & Rice casserole sounds so goof! I'm definitely a side dish kind of girl too with casseroles being my favorite. I've never tried Monkey Bread or Beef Fasolia....sounds amazing!
    Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of these sound soooo good. My kids would love those Surprise Cookies.

    ReplyDelete