Friday, July 21, 2017

Friday Favorites

Hey all!  Happy Friday!  This week seemed like a long one - so glad the weekend is here!

1.  This was a favorite last week, but it is still a favorite this week - the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.  I received my purchases this week, and while I had some misses, I also kept a lot of good stuff!  I shared my haul yesterday - both what I am keeping and what I will be returning!  Fall / winter are my favorite seasons to dress for, and I am already ready for some of that cooler weather so I can wear some new things!  The fact that it has been in the 100's this week hasn't help with that, either!

2.  My work schedule is very unpredictable these days - some days are late, some days I leave early, and some days just feel long.  When things get like this, it's so easy not to want to make dinner, so when I was at the store earlier this week, I picked up a Stouffer's lasagna in the frozen section.  My mom made these occasionally while growing up, and I really loved them.  Not only do I think it's really yummy, it's so easy to just pop in the oven and have a good meal without all the prep work (especially the prep work that normally comes with lasagna).  They have a really big size and a smaller size that has 5 portions, which is the one I picked up.  Leftovers make perfect lunches or dinners!  It's not something I think about getting very often, but that may change seeing as how it was so easy.  The only downfall is they take a good amount of time to cook - 75 minutes all together, so you just need to be aware of that.  Anyways, it was a favorite of mine this week and I wanted to share!

3.  I have been listening to podcasts lately at work, specifically Off the Vine with Kristin Bristowe.  I didn't watch her season of The Bachelorette, but I do follow her on instagram and enjoy her Insta stories.  I was looking for something to listen to at work that was not music, and I gave this a try.  She is pretty funny, and at an hour each, the episodes help to pass the time quickly!  The best one I have listened to lately was the episode with Erin Treloar.  They speak about body image and social media - it's really interesting to hear some of the statistics they share!  If you are a podcast person, I would definitely give hers a listen.  If you have any podcasts you love, please share in the comments below! 

4.  If you have been reading awhile, you may have remember me mentioning this older gentleman I see most days on my way to work.  He lives in a neighborhood close by and always seems to be out for a walk when I head to work.  He used to walk earlier enough that I would see him when I was getting into my car so we would exchange pleasantries, but lately I just see him on the sidewalk and wave.  Yesterday when I was heading to work, he was rounding the corner into my apartment parking lot as I was stopped there to turn on the main road.  I rolled down my window and we had a nice little chat before heading our respective ways.  It just really brightened my morning!  I think that is something we all should make a conscious effort to do more - take the time to make a little small talk with others and always smile and say hi.  I know that is something I can definitely improve on myself and even though it is something so small, you never know who day it could brighten!      

5.  Erica over at Whimsical September has been doing a series called The Saturday Sit-Down.  Every Saturday, she shares a new blogger, and you get to know a little bit about them through her Q&A.  One thing I love about this series that Erica is doing, is the fact that she tailors each Q&A to that specific blogger.  This Saturday I will be featured in her series - I would absolutely love it if you would all stop by and check it out!  

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie. 

14 comments:

  1. Aw! I love the little small talk with friendly neighbors! Can't wait to read about you tomorrow on Erica's blog! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet are you to stop and talk to your neighbor. I love friendly chats like this. It always brightens my day! Stouffers is a great easy dinner. We've done them when we've had fruends over too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love Stouffers lasagna!! So yummy!! I had no idea Kristin had a podcast! Although I don't follow her on any social media so I'm not surprised LOL. But I really liked her so I should check it out. I'll be sure to pop over tomorrow to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love picking up things like that for when I may have to work late, or just feel lazy! Their lasagna is SO GOOOOOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Stouffer's lasagnas are so good! We haven't gotten one in forever, but you're right that they make great leftovers for lunches and dinners later on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to check out your feature story on the blog tomorrow! And okay Stouffers is SO GOOD. We had a ready to bake pan of mac and cheese and Lincoln's birthday party, and I was shocked by how good it was! Probably not the healthiest, but a good easy option for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those lasagnas are so handy! Have you tried the veggie one? It's so good!! We should all take the time to do that more, especially with our senior citizens. Sometimes a small conversation like that can completely make someone's day! I've been so busy lately, I forget to take the time to do those things. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lasagna makes the best leftovers! I've actually been meaning to make it the past couple of weeks, but haven't felt like taking the time. So sweet of you to stop and talk to the man you used to see walking-- I'm sure that meant a lot to him, and it's such an easy thing to just take a few minutes to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet of you to stop and chat with the lovely gentleman. Im sure you made his day too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Small talk really has gone by the wayside these days because it seems that everyone is always on their phones. I'm guilty of this, too, and you are so right that we really should take more time out of our days for stuff like that.

    I can't wait to read your interview with Erica tomorrow! I just love her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah yes, Stouffer's lasagnas are so yummy and how nice to not have to worry about the prep!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Small talk is so great to engage in. It's nice to shoot emails, keep up with social media, but there is nothing like just talking to someone. I love that you stopped and did that. Congrats on the blogging feature! I hope you have a great weekend! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so sweet to take the time to talk to the gentleman in your neighborhood. I love that. We can definitely brighten other's days with the simplest of words. That lasagna does take a while to cook, but it's still less time than making one from scratch. =) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete