Friday, July 14, 2017

Friday Favorites

It's always good thing when we reach another Friday!  It's been hot, hot, hot here, and although I missed the bulk of it being in Michigan (thankfully), I am excited for the little cool down we are experiencing, just in time for the weekend!

1.  My obvious favorite of the week is my time in Michigan.  I didn't get it together enough to do a post on Wednesday, like I had originally planned, but will be sure to share next week.  It was a great few days, complete with a big surprise, beach time, my favorite ice cream, and of course, some of my very favorite people!

2.  A second favorite is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.  I get so excited about this sale, but fall and winter are definitely my favorite 'style' seasons, so being able to purchase that stuff prior to the season is a definite win in my book.  I have already made some (ok...a lot) of purchases and cannot wait for everything to be delivered!  I picked up this Lauren Ralph Lauren coat (sale $140 / after sale $220), which is something I lusted after during last year's sale, but unfortunately was all sold out in my size by the time I was ready to pull the trigger.  I feel like it's such a timeless piece that I can have for a long time!  I also was super excited to find out that the Clarisonic Mia Fit was on sale, too (sale $146 / after sale $219) because that was the one I REALLY wanted since it is so compact.  I have been needing gray booties, and these Vince Camuto Fileana Booties (sale $100 / after sale $150) caught my eye.  I like how they have the stacked heel - it gives some height, while still being comfortable.  At least that is my hope!  My plan is to share the rest of my purchases once I have them in hand and know what actually works!  



3.  This month's Girl Chat link up was on how you would spend a million dollars.  I always think it's so fun daydreaming about that type of stuff, and also reading what others would do.  You can check out my post and all the others that linked up here!

4.  Another favorite was dinner out this week.  I feel like weeknight dinners out are just so special and so fun!  My week nights usually consist of going to the gym and then home, and while I love a good routine, sometimes you just need to switch things up a bit, get dolled up and go to dinner!  We went to The Melting Pot which was awesome.  My first experience there was not a good one - I got super overheated and the meal had to be cut short, because I legitimately thought I was going to be sick.  However, this go around was much better and we had a blast.  The food was great and I love that it's an experience, too, so you kind of have to stick around for awhile and just enjoy yourself.  It was the perfect night!

5.  I got an email that some books I had requested from the library were in and I also picked up another one while I was there.  I always get super excited when library requests come in and I cannot wait for some down time this weekend to catch up on my reading!  Sometimes it's just those little things, like getting a book from the library you can't wait to read that have the ability to make my day!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.  
      

22 comments:

  1. I love getting notifications that my library book is ready too! Great Nordstrom sale picks, I want to check out those booties! Have a great weekend!
    xo
    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel ya on library requests coming in - it's probably one of my favorite things LOL!! Love your buys from the sale - great stuff!! Have a good weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo a big surprise???? Are you going to share that too!? I can't wait to read your MI recap! We are heading there in a couple weeks! And yes to those booties, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that coat you ordered!!! And I saw your MP pictures and was jealous because I could go there and eat the cheese and chocolate and be just fine haha!! Glad you enjoyed it this time!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love going to the library as well. But I have a problem of putting too many books on hold, and then I get there and find even more that I like. And then I spend the whole month struggling to catch up. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That coat is lovely - all your picks are. Have a great weekend :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those booties-they are sooo cute! Of course I am dying now to know what this BIG SURPRISE was! And we had a weeknight dinner out, too. It really does shake up the work week and make it more fun! Glad you enjoyed, I have heard such great things about the Melting Pot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Week night dinners are the best - they can really make the week go by so much faster!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your purchases! I have only been to the Melting Pot once and it was just dessert but it was delicious! I'm looking forward to catching up on some reading this weekend too. My library book stack is getting taller and I need to get to reading or I'm going to have lots of late fines haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for new books and the Nordstrom sale! I don't know if I'm going to get anything yet, but they always have such good deals on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing all the purchases everyone scored from the Nordstrom sale - I'm always so clueless until after the fact haha And omg Melting Pot. My husband and I went there on one of our first dates, and it remains a favorite of mine to this day! Glad you had a better experience!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those booties are soooo cute! I have my eye on several items and I'm hoping that they are still in stock when I can order next week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have my eye on that Clarisonic since mine died at the beginning of the year! I hear ya on the library requests! I feel so old and so excited when they call to tell me one of my book requests are in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how I love The Melting Pot - YUM! Treating yourself during the week is the best isn't it!? Can't wait to see your Michigan recap! Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. A million dollars?! What a cool prompt. I love that! Heading over to check that out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE those booties!! Have a great weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love going to the library. It's amazing what you just might find! Sounds like a fun week! Hope your weekend is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love #5! It makes for such a good day! Glad you liked Melting Pot better this time. I do enjoy some fondue! So glad to hear your trip to Michigan was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The coat is beautiful -- and so very classic! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love love your picks from the NSale!! Those booties are so stinkin' cute... I think I need a pair! I have wanted SO many things... ugh I just want it all! Glad you had a fabulous time in Michigan! can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's the best when you get notified that a book you've been waiting for from the library is finally in! I love the coat you picked out from the sale and I keep hearing good things about those boots. I have my eye on similar pair-- but with the shorter heel. I started my draft for the next Girl Chat linkup-- so hopefully I'll finally be able to linkup!

    ReplyDelete