Friday, July 7, 2017

Friday Favorites


Another Friday, another week of mixed up days!  It was really nice having Tuesday off for the 4th.  Although I didn't do anything too crazy, I can always get behind a shortened week!

1.  I finally saw the Pretty Little Liars finale.  I am seriously so sad that the show is over, but I am happy to know who A.D. is.  Although I feel like I have a ton of questions, just because I cannot remember all the different stuff that has gone on throughout the life of the show.  There have been so many different A's / A-Team members, I am just trying to remember how it all worked.  If you are a fellow Pretty Little Liars fan and have the A timeline figured out, I would love to discuss!

2.  On another TV note, I feel like Hallmark movies lately have been on point.  I use the word lately loosely, because one of the movies I watched was from back in February, but all the recent ones have been super cute, too.  I loved Moonlight in Vermont, Love Blossoms, My Favorite Wedding and The Perfect Bride.  I have to say I am pretty excited for the new Christmas movie they have coming up for Christmas in July!  I still have a bunch of Christmas movies recorded from last year, so I am thinking if that gets me in the spirit, I may finally get some of those off my DVR!

3.  On Wednesday, I shared my Homemade Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato recipe.  This is one of my favorite drinks at Starbucks right now, and I figured out a way to make it at home.  I am not an everyday coffee drinker, but I love having one of these on the weekends when I can just relax and enjoy!  

4.  If you are looking for a good movie to see, I would definitely suggest checking out Baby Driver.  I saw it this week and thought it was super good!  Also, as a note for anyone that has Marcus Theatres in their area - Tuesdays are $5 tickets and if you are a rewards member, you get free popcorn, too (and I think a special deal on some candy).  The popcorn bags are smaller, but you can get one bag for everyone in your group and I honestly thought it was the perfect amount of popcorn.  And it's free.  You can't really beat that!

5.  I recently started taking Up & Up Women's Multivitamin Gummies.  I shared before how much I liked the Olly brand, but honestly, the price tag had me looking at different bottles.  When comparing Olly and Up & Up, there didn't seem to be much of a difference.  I decided to give the Target brand a try - you get 150 vitamins for $11 (I feel like they were a little cheaper in store than what they are showing up online) which is a great deal, considering the Olly vitamins were $14 for only 90 vitamins.  They taste super yummy, too!

Add-in: Totally forgot to include this when I wrote the post, but I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Girl Chat link up next week!  We are sharing what we would do with a million dollars.  We'd love for you to join us on Thursday to share how you would handle one million dollars!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.  

23 comments:

  1. I am a fellow PLL fan and am glad to know who AD is but I thought the finale was terrible. and I still have so many questions! haha. I love hallmark movies and heard they have 33 new christmas movies rolling out this holiday season!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not sure how I feel about A.D. I know they gave us some clues in previous episodes and even previous seasons but I still kinda feel like it was the easy way out. I can't believe it's over though! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love going to the Marcus theater for those same reasons!! For a family of a 5, the movies can be SO expensive so I love that they have those options! I have never watched PLL and I so need to!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Perfect Bride was my favorite June movie from Hallmark but I still have to watch My Favorite Wedding! I'm going to watch it today! I loved the Perfect Bride because the plot was so cute with the bridal bootcamp and then the main characters were a couple on When Calls the Heart...which is my fav!! And you need to add to your movie rec for people to not waste their money on The House!! I'm still so sad it wasn't that funny!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for finding a good multivitamin-some are so gross so it's a total win to find a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness PLL! I feel like they just threw a bunch of really random people to be on the "A-Team" in throughout the years to keep us guessing! I'm with you that I'm glad that it's over, although I wish that it had been a little more believable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is good to know about Marcus Theatres! On Wednesday the St. Louis ones do $5 (Galleria, The Chase, Moolah, MX, etc). I'm heading to see Wonder Woman tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE recreating the Starbucks drinks at home. And they are such popular posts!! Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Hallmark movies! I love how they always end on a happy note. I have never watched PLL but everyone says I would like it. I will have to start it soon. I just stared Hart of Dixie and fell in love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had watched PLL because I'm intrigued with all of the buzz that's been going on about it lately. I may have to binge it if it's on Netflix.

    My brother just told me about Baby Driver the other day and he said that it was really good too. I had never even heard of it! One of the many things I miss from fastforwarding through commericals with our TiVo I suppose. Haha.

    I'm currently considering taking Smarty Pants multi vitamins for women. One of my coworkers told me about them and then shortly after that I saw a bunch of bloggers doing posts for them. They sound really good, but I think they're kind of pricey. I'll have to look at the Up & Up ones!

    Have a great weekend, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The macchiato recipe sounds delightful! Thanks for sharing. I haven't seen Pretty Little Liars but heard good things. I hope to check out some shows and movies soon, once my life slows down a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Friday! I am always thrown off by a short week too. Here's to getting caught up this weekend. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have the Hallmark channel, so I didn't know they show Christmas movies in July! I'm seriously jealous over here. Thanks for the recommendations, though! I haven't seen PLL but I've been intrigued by it for a long time. Maybe it's time for me to start watching. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hallmark movies are my absolute favorite! It's one channel I feel like I can watch and not have to worry about the kids listening in. Plus it's the perfect combination of corny and feel good. :) Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ive never watched PLL can you believe that? Hallmark movies are hit or miss but you're right... lately they're on point!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never seen Pretty Little Liars, but I've seen so many bloggers writing about it, it's got me curious. I may have to binge watch this series. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to try those vitamin gummies! Have a lovely weekend! Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  18. My daughter has been watching PLL...I read the book (kind of)....actually somehow managed to buy the cliff notes version (blonde much?) Hope you are having a super weekend Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to go check out your macchiato recipe! I drink coffee every day but sometimes crave something a little different (and don't want to spend $5 for one at Starbucks or another local coffee place!). Vitamins can be so hit & miss sometimes so I'm glad to hear that the Up & Up ones are good! Hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved the Hallmark movies during the Christmas season, but since then I've dropped off. I need to catch a new movie here soon, and I hear there are Christmas ones too, so that's a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We just got cable again after a few years of not having it, so I'm going to check out those Hallmark movies! I have the ingredients for that macchiato on on my shopping list for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I made the coconut milk macchiato and I LOVED it. You totally nailed it with the recipe! Thank you!!! I need to check out those Hallmark channel movies!

    ReplyDelete