Wednesday, June 28, 2017

What's Up Wednesday: June 2017


I am linking up with my usual Wednesday girls - Jessi and Jenn for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday and Shay for What's Up Wednesday.

What I'm eating this week...

Monday: Skinny Baked Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas 
Tuesday: Pizza - Since we are spending our monthly Provident meeting stuffing bags for the Rooster Run, we are being treated to pizza!
Wednesday: Beef Fasolia 
Thursday: Either Hawaiian Kabobs or Green Chile Chicken  
Friday: Mostly likely leftovers, or whichever recipe I didn't make on Thursday.

What I'm reminiscing about...my trip to Michigan last year.  We will all be heading there again in a few weeks and I am so, so excited!  

What I'm loving...sometimes I get in reading ruts, but lately I have been flying through books and I am loving it! 

What I've been up to...this month was a busy one.  The first weekend brought the Rooster Crawl, then it was off to Florida for work.  I had a weekend at home where I got to enjoy the pool, then the following weekend, I headed to my parents' to see family and celebrate Father's Day.  Things have slowed down a bit - I was able to enjoy the fabulous weather we were experiencing this past weekend, and as of now I have zero plans for this coming weekend.  I believe they are calling for rain, and with things going to gear up soon as work, I wouldn't mind another lazy weekend at home.

What I'm dreading...nothing really - always a good thing!


What I'm working on...eating healthier and changing up my work outs.  In order to help motivate myself, I have been rereading Balancing in Heels, and it's helping me want to make a change and be consistent with my healthy habits.  In the book, Kristin talks about eating real foods, paying attention to what exactly you are putting into your body and also, how you react to it.  At the same time, she mentioned how she doesn't do well with depriving herself of things, so she tries to keep an 80/20 balance.  I am the same way - if I try to not eat certain things, it only makes me want them more and when I do have them I tend to overindulge.  So I am trying to do better.  And also, I have been getting kind of bored during workouts, so I am attempting to switch things up a bit, like adding a HIIT workout and walking at a steep incline.  


What I'm excited about...Michigan.  It's my happy place - I cannot wait!


What I'm watching...my normal shows, and then a few new ones thrown in - Barefoot Contessa, Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown, and United Shades of America.


What I'm listening to...lately I have been listening to Pandora when I work out.  I feel like country music and summer go with each other, so that is usually what station I am on.


What I'm wearing...both ruffle sleeve shirts have been on repeat (here and here).  Nothing really new other than that!


What I'm doing this weekend...no plans - hopefully that means being productive and knocking some things off my to do list! 

What I'm looking forward to next month...mentioning Michigan for the third time in this post, but that's it!


Bonus Question: What is your favorite 4th of July tradition...I have a few different ones.  When I was younger, we used to go to a big party with my dad's coworkers and boss that was always fun.  In high school, I was in Key Club and the conventions were often over 4th of July.  Funnily enough, one of those conventions was right here in St. Louis!  My aunt and uncle would have everyone out to the farm for a party, too, which they have the perfect spot because you can usually see fireworks from both towns on either side of them!  I obviously understand why it can't be, but I sure wish that holidays would fall right at the weekend so you could enjoy more time off, than just a day in the middle of the week.  As of now, I have no real plans, but hopefully it will be nice enough to get out and enjoy the pool!

18 comments:

  1. I'm currently in a reading rut - waiting for all the good books to be loaned to me through the library!!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to have a trip to look forward to coming up. I haven't been to Michigan in a looooong time but I'm sure it's beautiful this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What part of Michigan are you going to? We are heading there next month too! To Traverse City, I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in such a reading rut! I just can't get started on anything. Ugh!! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been in a reading rut for like a year! Send me reading vibes! Cheers to your upcoming Michigan trip! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Country music and summer do go hand in hand (in my opinion anyway). :) I love Barefoot Contessa. What a fun recap of your month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh those sheet pan fajitas look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read Kristin's book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, I would mention Michigan 1 million times if I could! It is my happy place as well! I love that it is for you too! Have the best day today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michigain is absolute gorgeous-I hope you have the best trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Balancing in Heels! And I agree 100% about not depriving yourself of the things you love. Life would be boring if all we ate was fruits and veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to find out what you've been reading lately! Love that you've been rereading Kristin's book! I agree that it is so motivating and encouraging. Yay for a Michigan trip!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where in Michigan do you visit? That's where I live!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's funny you mentioned that Michigan is your happy place because I have been seeing people vacation in Michigan constantly lately! I've only been there for work a few times years ago, but maybe we need to play a vacay there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I adored Balancing in Heels! I actually own it (normally I just check everything out of the library). We are plan-less this weekend, too - SO stoked :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to watch your shows...what channel is Anthony Bordain on?

    ReplyDelete
  17. There's always Visit Michigan commercials on TV here, but I've never been there. What's your favorite thing to do there?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally agree with the not depriving yourself of things! I feel like when that happens to me I end up going way in the opposite direction!

    ReplyDelete