Monday, June 26, 2017

Weekend Recap: The Most Beautiful Weekend!

Happy Monday!  This weekend I was at home, and it was soooo nice to relax and enjoy the most amazing weather!  The summer humidity in the Midwest is terrible, but we had the gorgeous summer weather, sans humidity!  The weather was so beautiful - if only all summer days could be that nice!

Happy hour was a must after work on Friday.  It actually looked like rain, so we stayed inside, but had our two favorites apps from Bishop's Post - the grilled wings are seriously so good.  I spent the rest of the night reading Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll.  I'll be including it in my book review next month, but a little forewarning - it was a good book, but it kind of freaked me out.  So much so that I had trouble sleeping!  Every little noise had me jumping, which the storyline really wasn't even related to that, I just thinking the subject matter hit me in such a way that got to me.  Anyways, more on that next month!


I tried out a new workout Saturday morning.  Caitlin at Southern Curls & Pearls shared a HIIT workout awhile ago, and I decided to give it a go.  It's great because it really gets your heart rate going up and down.  I wasn't sure how well I would do with it, so for the speeds I went down one less.  I also tried something Sarah at Meet The Shaneyfelts talked about on Friday - walking at an extreme incline!  Combining both, I felt like I got in a really great work out to start the day.  A close friend came over later that morning to do a little photo session...I have been wanting a new blog picture, as well as try out some 'outfit' pictures, rather than just doing lay flats.  Well, I think it just reiterated how uncomfortable I am in front of a camera.  I may or may not be sharing any of these photos, haha!  Since the weather was so gorgeous, it was a must to eat lunch outside.  We went with old faithful, Llywelyn's, and had a great lunch out.  They have a nice patio area and we were able to get the last table in the shade - it was perfect!  The rest of the day was pretty uneventful.  


Sunday morning was a slower start.  It was my dad's birthday, so I spoke to him and my mom on the phone for a bit.  Sounds like they were having a great morning, complete with delicious cinnamon rolls and egg and sausage breakfast casserole!  I did some grocery shopping, where I picked up some Yasso yogurt bars.  I have been craving ice cream, and wanted a healthier alternative to try.  I couldn't help myself, and tried out the cookie dough flavor for a morning snack.  It was good!!!  Not as sweet or creamy as ice cream, but still yummy and satisfying.  I did a little cooking - I just love the smell of onions sauting in olive oil!  The only thing better is when you add in garlic, too.  I made Beef Fasolia, which is one of my favorite recipes.  It's comfort food, for sure, and sometimes you just need to break up normal summer fare with a yummy, hearty dish.  The rest of the day involved the pool, Wonder Woman and a Hallmark movie.  If you haven't seen Wonder Woman yet, it is SO SO GOOD.  It got great reviews, so I figured it would be a decent movie, but it was really, really good.  



Hope you had a great weekend!

Linking up with Biana.

20 comments:

  1. The weather this weekend was UNBELIEVEABLE! Glad you were able to enjoy it. I love the mint chocolate chip YASSO bars, but all of them are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get it girl - HIIT workouts are my favorite and that's a great happy hour spread!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun weekend! I love walking at an incline on the treadmill, definitely gets your butt! those ice cream bars look good, did they satisfy your sweet tooth? Hope you have a great monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl your weekend sounds perfect!! I love a good HIIT workout! I need to check out those yogurt bars, I need a healthy alternative too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That workout sounds awesome-I need to kick my butt into gear! I love the smell of anything sautéing in olive oil..YUM! And I may need to try out those bars-they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend! I read that book last summer and it definitely gave me the chills too-lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a new blog picture too, but I feel ya on being uncomfortable in front of the camera! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the food looks yummy! What an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, onions and garlic sautéing is one of the best smells out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a great weekend complete with lots of good food! I swear that I was pretty much drooling over that picture of the charcuterie that you ate on Friday night! It just looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was telling Sarah that I do the exact same thing at the gym for my lunch break workouts! I do 3.6 mph on a 9 incline and it kicks my booty! I always burn around 320 calories in 30 minutes! Not too shabby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delicious happy hour spread! Luckiest Girl Alive was definitely creepy/disturbing. I've tried quite a few of the Yasso bars and some are better than others (the salted caramel is probably my favorite, the peanut butter ones have been my least favorite).

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun weekend! Its silly but I'm totally with you on the onion smell + garlic and maybe even butter - yum! Hope your Dad had a great bday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun weekend girl! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am no good in front of the camera either- but I bet your pictures turned out great! :) I had onions and garlic going last night for something and it seriously makes me drool every time- lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now I really want to see Wonder Woman!! I adore those Yasso bars, they are my go to sweet treat! Way to work it girl! I thought if you this weekend as we were on red arrow highway!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made homemade sauce yesterday, and you're definitely right. The smell of onions and garlic sauteeing is amazing!! And that spread at happy hour looks DELISH! Yay for amazing weather <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  18. The happy hour spread looks delicious! Sounds like a great weekend of fun and relaxing plus getting your work out on...I need to try those Yasso bars!

    ReplyDelete
  19. just finished reading luckiest girl alive, I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete