Monday, June 12, 2017

Weekend Recap: Lazy Days

Another weekend, gone by wayyy too fast.

It started out on the right foot with ice cream, from my recent favorite, Sheridan's.  I always go for the butterfinger concrete - it never disappoints!

Saturday start with cleaning and Panera.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day, perfect for the pool.  The breeze kept it from being too warm and I was able to sit out reading for quite some time.  I headed to the library later than afternoon, and was pleasantly surprised that I was able to check out a few books on my to read list.  Normally I have to request them, because they are either checked out, on hold, or at another branch.  It really worked out well!



I had another productive morning between the gym and knocking out errands.  Lunch was out at one of my favorites, Llywelen's, then a few more stops I needed to make for the day.  I was on the hunt for The Pioneer Woman Magazine and struck out at ALL the places I was looking.  I actually went to Target and Barnes & Noble, before I realized the magazine is exclusively at Wal Mart.  So I head that way and still couldn't find it!  Talk about frustrating.  I did, however score some great deals at Bath & Body Works.  Soaps were $3 and they had a great variety of $10 3-wick candles.

Back to work today - I am already ready for this coming weekend to be here!

Linking up with Biana.
  

17 comments:

  1. I found plenty of them at my Walmart yesterday! What a nice weekend by the pool. I need to remind myself to do more of that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you got some pool and reading time in - sounds relaxing!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a relaxing weekend! I love a library book..I don't know what it is about them, but they seem extra great to me ha! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ice cream sounds amazing! I've never heard of "concrete" ice cream but recently Sonic started advertising for a concrete custard. Matt is dying to go get one but every time we talk about it I keep calling it a cement custard. Haha, I have a mental block against the word concrete I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had a pool!! So jealous of your pool time--it sounds like the perfect day! And I completely forgot about the PW magazine. I will have to stop by walmart today just to get it! I love Ree!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pool days are the best! We finally had good enough weather for our first day too and nothing is better than that kind of relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to B&B deals and poolside days! So glad you relaxed this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pool looks so nice! I wish we had a neighborhood pool so much!

    And thanks for the PSA on 3-wick candles... I always like to load up when they're half off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Butterfinger ice cream sounds sooo good! Your pool day looked perfect- and it sounds like the perfect mix of being productive, but also relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely had a good mix of productive and relaxing this weekend! That's great that you were able to find a book that you wanted from the library and didn't have to request it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So jealous of your pool days and ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pool time is the best! Your weekend is the perfect blend of relaxing and productive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like my kind of weekend with some sunshine by the pool and productivity/getting errands out of the way before the work week!
    Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like you had such a relaxing weekend! A pool day and a little shopping sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have you ever been to The Pioneer Woman's Mercantile?! I'm dying to go! It's only 3.5 hours from here, so we're hoping to make the trip at some point. Reading your comment about her made me wonder since you're not too terribly far either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love weekends by the pool! So relaxing! I need one of these very soon but all my weekends have been filling up with errands, chores, and to dos!! ugh!

    Lisa @ Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete