Monday, June 19, 2017

Weekend Recap: Father's Day Weekend

Happy Monday!  Thankfully the Sunday blues didn't hit me this weekend, because I am still off today!  I am sure they will be in full force this evening, though.

I headed back to my parents Friday after a slow morning.  It was so nice to wake up to no alarm!  When I got home, I helped my dad with some of the 'to do' list to prepare for the weekend.  My mom was getting home from a girls trip in Nashville later that night, so Dad and I were flying solo for the day.  Lunch was Arby's and dinner was hot dogs...we did have green beans though!

Lilybird giving me the stank eye, like why are you taking my picture?

Saturday morning came bright and early.  My dad's car club was hosting a road trip that day, so I tagged along with my parents.  It was super fun and I took a lot of pictures - that in itself will be a full post, because otherwise this one would be wayyy too long!  My brother and family were headed home Saturday afternoon, so when we got back from the road trip they were already home.  An extra surprise was my brother's two best friends from high school were over, too.  I hadn't seen them forever, so it was super fun to see them and their kids!  Oh, how times have changed!  We headed downtown later on for the cruise night going on, which was cut short by the storms heading our way.

We had a yummy breakfast Sunday morning and celebrated my two favorite dads - my dad and my brother!  I headed out to my dad's shop with my dad, Matt and Jack to check out the progress on my dad's car.  I hadn't been out there in forever, and it was fun to check things out, and have Jack out there, too.  My grandma and aunt came down for a visit, and we spent the day visiting, eating and enjoying the gorgeous weather!  Right before my brother, sister in law and Jack left, we headed to the park that we grew up playing at.  It was super fun to experience it through Jack's eyes and have a little fun ourselves.  




I love my parents' yard!


My mom has all these little vignettes on the deck outside and I think they are just so dang cute. 




Today I am heading back to St. Louis, and out to lunch with my best gal pal.  Then it is back to reality and getting ready for the thankfully, short, work week.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Linking up with Biana.
  

16 comments:

  1. what a fun weekend! It's always so nice to go home and visit family! Enjoy your extra day off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parent's landscaping is so pretty! Your mom is so talented with so many things haha! Glad you got to go back home and be with family!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great weekend at home with your family! Have a great extra day off! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great time visiting family! Have an awesome-short-week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun family weekend!! Glad you were able to go home and spend some quality time with your family. I know you've missed them! Their yard is beautiful. Enjoy your day off today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like y'all seriously had the best weekend with family! I think that it's so much fun to go back to childhood places with a new generation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your parents have the prettiest yard! Oh to have a green thumb and be able to have all of that beautiful landscaping! Ours is pretty basic since we kill everything. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great weekend with your family! Your mom's garden is so gorgeous and I love the top you're wearing in the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fun with your fam!! I love that navy striped top you're wearing in that last pic, it's from Nordstrom right? I've been eyeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flowers! Your parents yard is very pretty. It always feels good to be with family. I hope your day off is wonderful. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Short weeks are the best! So fun that you were able to go home and visit for the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad y'all had a fun weekend!! Your parents yard is so pretty & I hope you & your girlfriend had fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your parents garden is beautiful! I love all the cute details and different flowers. The low key day spent with your dad sounds like some perfect quality time for Fathers Day. Lucky you to get Monday off so you can ease back into a short work week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great long weekend with your family! Your parents yard is amazing and I love all the flowers on their porch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice Father's Day weekend. That car club trip sounds fun! So many pretty flowers your parents have. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete