Thursday, June 15, 2017

Recipe Round Up: May 2017

I made a few new to me recipes last month and wanted to share!


Zucchini Noodles
Zucchini Noodles from The Pioneer Woman.  I didn't actually make this recipe as shown, but rather used it to make my zucchini noodles.  I just heated up some olive oil, minced garlic and then threw my zoodles in until warm.  I just needed a bit of guidance!  But this recipe as a whole sounds super good.

If you are like me and just coming in on the zoodle craze and wanted to learn more about zoodles (and check out some delicious sounding recipes), make sure to check out this article from Nutrition Advance.  It's a good one!


Granola Parfaits
Granola Parfaits from Trisha Yearwood.  Again, not something I made as a whole, but made the instructions work for what I was making.  I wanted to make homemade granola, but wasn't sure how.  I got on a yogurt parfait kick when I was in New York and wanted to be able to make my own.  I combined the honey and vegetable per the instructions and then toasted in my oats.  The recipe said to bake them for up to 20 minutes.  Since I didn't let it full preheat, I went for the full 20 minutes, but that left them a little browner than I would have ideally liked.  It makes a ton, so I was set for awhile - definitely a win! 

What new recipes have you made lately?  I would love to hear!

Linking up with Annie.

10 comments:

  1. We keep meaning to try zucchini noodles - we need to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never get enough zoodles! We haven't made them in a while, but this post is making me want to add them to our menu for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those zoodles look so good! I haven't made some in awhile and I think I need to change that. Eric and I both love parfaits and now I'm wondering why we never tried them on our own...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are zoodles good? I always wanted to give them a try but I wasn't a fan of spaghetti squash so I didn't know if zoodles were worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are my favorite posts! Do I say that every time you post? haha. I would love to learn to make homemade granola! I've never been able to find a store bought kind that I really love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love yogurt parfaits!! I haven't made them in forever! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom made zoodles for the first time a few weeks ago with her spaghetti and I LOVED it. I totally need to start making my own and eating that instead of pasta. I think I could be satisfied with zoodles and never need pasta at home again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parfaits sound so good, I haven't made those in a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love zoodles, but I need to get a zoodle maker. Ha. And parfaits are definitely a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum!! I've always wanted to make zoodles so I'll have to give this a try. I love granola, but have never made my own so thanks for sharing. Both sound good for summer and you just can't go wrong with Ree & Trisha :)

    ReplyDelete