Tuesday, June 6, 2017

My Go-To Airport Outfit

The past year and a half I have had the opportunity to travel with work.  With that, I have perfected my 'airport outfit.'  I legitimately wear almost the same thing every time.  Whenever I go somewhere I am able to have time to change prior to any events or meetings, so I opt for comfort and layers for the flight.



My go-to outfit is some combination of a chambray shirt, a comfy tank or tee, jeans and tennis shoes.  I used to wear slip on shoes but since I got my Nike's, I have been wearing them as my airport shoes, as well as my workout shoes.  I walked around New York in them, then put them to work in the gym.  By wearing them, it eliminates one pair of 'bulkier' shoes that I have to pack.

It's nothing fancy, but it's comfortable and simple.  I love having the chambray shirt as a layer to take on or off depending on how warm/cold the airport and plane are.  They are basic pieces that you can also pair with other items in your suitcase.  When I was in San Diego last year, it was a bit colder than anticipated, so I paired my chambray shirt with shorts for one night, and then used that for layering when I had a day to explore.

I feel like sweats / leggings would also be super comfortable, but I think that jeans are just a little bit nicer - I would feel more comfortable seeing my boss when I am in jeans than if I were wearing leggings.  May be in my head, but it's part of the reasoning behind my choosing jeans, not to mention that again, they can be reworn throughout the trip.  Leggings aren't necessarily an item I would want to repeat wear, whereas I feel like jeans, they get better the more times you wear them between washes.

What type of travel outfit do you opt for?  

Linking up with Lindsay and Whitney.
  

15 comments:

  1. You're travel outfits are so chic! You would see me in leggings for sure LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with layers and jeans instead of leggings! I was just planning out my outfit to wear to the airport last night and made sure it was layers that involved a cardigan! I love wearing bulkier shoes like tennis shoes opposed to them being in my suitcase, but they typically don't match my outfit, so I bite the bullet and pack them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm flying in a couple days and was curious to read this post! I usually dress for whatever function I'm headed to when I get off the plane, so I don't feel like I'm ever super comfortable for long days in airports and planes. I love this outfit you've suggested because you're comfy but put-together and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I basically wear the same thing as you! I will wear leggings too because I'm not traveling for work. If I was traveling for work I would only wear jeans because of the boss thing too! I sadly will wear the same thing on the flight there and then re wear on the way home haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flight length and stop overs determine my outfit. If it's longer than 2 hours I'm always in leggings. Much more comfy for my body. Very cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, it depends on how long my flight is or how long my travel day is. Every time I've flown to CA, it's been a long travel day so I do wear leggings (sorry!), but I do try to look cute no matter what. I don't understand girls who look disheveled and hungover on flights ha! For shorter flights, I'll wear something cute like jeans and sandals and a cute but comfy top.
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Along with being practical, such a cute outfit! You never know if a plane will be hot or cold so layers are always a good move!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This look is so cute and laid back-perfect even for those casual weekend days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pretty much always do leggings, a tee/tank and a long cardigan. It's usually chilly on the planes but I like to be able to take off the cardigan when I get there because usually I'm flying somewhere warm ;) I totally get choosing jeans over leggings since you are traveling for work, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit picks and they're classic pieces to keep forever. Thanks for sharing! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am all about comfort when I travel too, and I love those gray sneakers! I always bring layers, since you know planes are -100 or 100 degrees ;)

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always wear workout shoes for the airport too. I must have socks on for the whole security process and chilly airplane! I tend to lean towards leggings with a comfy long shirt, but I don't travel for work so I totally get the jeans in front of your boss thing! This post has me looking forward to my next trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great outfit for flying! Layers are great because I'm always so cold on a plane. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wear similar items when I fly, too! I've never been one to fly in leggings or sweats even though it would be comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this outfit. So perfect for flying. I always layer as well because I get so cold on planes!

    ReplyDelete