Wednesday, June 7, 2017

How to Switch from a No Reply Blogger to a Reply Blogger in Six Simple Steps

I have mentioned before my issues with Blogger somehow switching me from a 'reply' blogger (where people can reply to my comments via email) to a no reply blogger (where people do not have the option to reply to my comments via email - instead of my email they will see 'noreply-comment@blogger.com' as my email address).  There are a few different tutorials online, but they are a bit older, so I wanted to do an updated one myself.  Honestly, I thought this was a good post idea because every time this happens to me, I always forget exactly how to change back.  Now I can just refer back to this!  Hopefully it will be helpful for some of you, too!


Step One:
In Blogger, click on Settings on the left side of your screen.  Then click on User settings.  I took a screenshot of a portion of the User settings screen.  From here, you will want to change your User Profile from Google+ to Blogger.  If you are already have Blogger as your User Profile, then proceed to Step Four.

Step Two:
Click the Switch to a limited Blogger profile button.

Step Three:
Click the Continue to Blogger button.  (I believe the first time I did this, the Display Name was blank, so I just filled in my blog name.  It could just be autofilled, but for some reason I feel like the very first time I changed this way, I had to fill it in myself.  Either way, it doesn't matter, because I revert back to Google+ at the end of this.)

Step Four:
Again go to Settings, then User settings.  Your user profile should have Blogger selected.  Under Blogger, click on Edit.  This will open up the option to edit your user profile in a new tab.

Step Five:
Check the Show my email address box.  Again, this means that people you comment on will be able to reply to your comment via your email address that is linked up to your account. 

Step Six:
After editing your user profile, you can revert back to Google+ if you choose.  Again, just go to Settings, User settings, then for your User Profile, select Google+.

I hope this helps you, as much as I know it will help me!  If you have any questions, please let me know.  I am really not tech savvy at all, but I feel like this is one aspect I have figured out in Blogger.

10 comments:

  1. You know how much this helped me last week!! Saving this for when it happens again in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bookmarking this because every freaking time it happens I google like a mad woman trying to figure it out again! You would think it would be autopilot by now haha - thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this helpful information!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's alway so annoying when blogger does this! This is such a great resource because if mine got switched over I'd definitely have to google how to switch it back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea about being a no reply blogger until somebody posted about it! I think that it's always good to remind people about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for doing this!! I'm saving this so I can refer people back to it later :) I always hate when I go to reply and the person is a NRB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YESSSS!! Thank you so much for doing this! I had one started in my drafts and I'm going to scrap it now since I was mostly doing it for myself. Lol.

    ReplyDelete