Thursday, June 8, 2017

Girl Chat: Summer Staples

Hey all - it's time for another round of Girl Chat!  If you are new the link up, check out the past posts below to see what we have been chatting about.



This month is all about summer essentials / staples.  The warmer weather has hit areas of the Midwest in full force, St. Louis included, and it is already feeling like summer!



My go-to summer outfits include lots and lots of sundresses.  The flowier, the better.  I break out into a sweat so easily in the summer (seriously is so ridiculous and so gross), so I am all about those loose sun dresses when I am out and about.  I stocked up on some really cute dresses earlier this year during the Lilly sale, so I am pretty set on fun sundresses.  Don't forget, too, that Nordstrom now has some Lilly items (and J.Crew) if you want to take advantage of their free shipping / free returns.  I also love a good white/ivory dress for a summer - this one from Madewell is super cute!  A little pricier, but the quality is really good (it's lined), so I feel like it is worth the cost.  I got a similar one two summers ago, and still reach for it all the time.

Wedges are perfect to dress things up in the summer - I received this Sole Society pair as an Easter present, and I really like these UGG wedges as well.  I bet they would be so comfortable, too!  I love my Birkenstocks for running errands.  I also reach for my Sperry's quite often.  They are just so dang comfy and I think they look super cute paired with a dress.  Mine are older and a bit worn, so I may be needing a new pair before the end of the season.  I love the idea of a navy leather pair, but the brown leather is classic, too!   The Sam Edelman sandals that have been popular for the last couple years are still one of my favorites, too.  I have the silver pair and feel like they just go with anything and everything.  I absolutely LOVE the Tory Burch Miller sandals, but have yet to pull the trigger on those.  Maybe one day.

Some type of dress, with any of the above mentioned shoes is pretty much my 'summer uniform' outside of work.

Other summer staples for me include lots and lots of sunscreen (I burn so easily!), a good book (I highly recommend anything by Mary Kay Andrews - she has perfect light, summer reads), and a big jug of water.  You can count on me having all three of these items in my pool bag.

I am anxious to read your summer staples!


To link up - just grab our graphic, link up and let's get to chatting!  Make sure to stop by a few others linked up for an extra bit of girl chat!


And don't forget to follow your hosts!

Danielle - Bloglovin' | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter 

Emily - Bloglovin' | Instagram | Pinterest 

Lindsay - Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest 

Lizzie - Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest 

Sierra - Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter 

17 comments:

  1. Love all of these staples. I love a good wedge and Lilly dresses are my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Sole Society wedges!! Too bad they're out of brown, boo! But the black are still pretty. I also have a pair of Sperry's but for some reason always forget to wear them!! I like that water jug too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how I've got my eye on those wedges and TB sandals haha! I love my Sam Edelman sandals--they really are such a staple! And a good book, too! Love your Mary Kay Andrews choice!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on the TB sandals- every summer I'm like "This is the year!!" But haven't yet. I'm so curious about the Ugg wedges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these-all of the sandals and shoes are so cute! Wedges are just the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 3 pair of TB Millers and I can't say enough good about them. yes a bit pricey, but I have had my brown pair for years and they have held up great and I still wear them all the timePull the trigger...you won't be sorry! Thanks for the fun link up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that dress with the tassels and that big water jug is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So with you! A flowy dress and wedges are the perfect summer outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in dresses and sandals/wedges in the summer. It's so easy to throw on and comfy in the heat. I love that sunscreen and water & a good book are always necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to find more wedges I love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't get enough sundresses or wedges either. LOVE your picks <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many great summer staples! I love sun dresses too and sandals are so effortless and perfect.
    Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sunscreen is my favorite! I'm obsessed with wedges. The ones you picked are SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry I missed your little link up. I've been on the struggle bus and tried so hard to pull it together but kept falling asleep lol. I'm with you on the dresses but I still haven't found the perfect wedge for summer. If you haven't read November 9 yet put it on your list....I think based on past reads you will love it. I couldn't put it down. Have a super weekend Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of those sandals. Swoon. And I love that first dress. So cute. I love that sunscreen and it is the only one that I regularly use.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those UGG wedges are so beautiful!! I've seen Shay post about those and every time she wears them I want them so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is such a fun linkup! I will try to join next month :)

    ReplyDelete