Friday, June 30, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  It turns out that not only do short weeks get me all confused on my days, but so do normal weeks.  I was one day ahead all week!  Needless to say, it's always great when it is actually Friday.

1.  I am SO EXCITED about The Pioneer Woman's new cookbook!  If you haven't heard, The Pioneer Woman is coming out with a new cookbook this fall.  According to the tag line on the cover she shared, this cookbook is all about 'simple, scrumptious recipes for crazy busy lives'.  Sign me up!  I can't decide if I should preorder, or just wait to add it to my Christmas list.  I kind of hate to wait because let's be real, I am obsessed, but cookbooks are always such an easy present to ask for.  

2.  Staying on the same subject (The Pioneer Woman), I want to give a bit shout out to Sarah, because after hearing me go on and on about how I still cannot find The Pioneer Woman's magazine, she went to her store, got one and mailed it to me!  It's supposed to come in the mail today and to say I am excited would be an understatement.  Thank you, thank you, Sarah!

3.  Moving right on to some more mail - the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale catalog is available.  Now, I haven't actually gotten mine in the mail yet, but it is available online.  To be honest, the catalog, to me, never does it justice, because a lot of the styling isn't for me.  However, I do like to think of the pieces individually and it's just fun to get a peek at what is going to be available.  I plan to stock up on some essentials, but different from other years, I am going to pay attention to some of the beauty items as well.  The Clarisonic has been on my list for a few years now, and I feel like it is finally time to pull the trigger on that, as well as purchase a bottle of the Kiehl's lotion.  My skin gets crazy dry in the winter and I have heard this stuff is the best.  Those two items will definitely go in my cart come July 21st, and I am sure plenty more things, too!

4.  I read a really good book this week - The Obsession by Nora Roberts.  I am a huge Nora Roberts fan, and this book I just could not put down.  It has suspense, mystery and romance.  It's a bit darker in the suspense area, so just something to be aware of.  I will share more in my book review next month, but boy was it good.

5.  The picture below is by far my favorite from the road trip I took a few weekends ago with my parents.  You can check out all the others in yesterday's post!


          
Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.  

16 comments:

  1. Get anything kiehls it's so good!! Happy weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your parents get into the BEST adventures!!!! So, I'm gonna be honest, I am not in love with stuff in the Nordi catalog, I got it Wednesday. Going to have to see this stuff on some people before I decide If I am buying anything. lol! I LOVE the pioneer lady's recipes so much, I may have to get that one!! I hope your weekend is sweet..just like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome of Sarah to get that for you!!! I agree with the Nordi catalog, it's always WAY over the top for me LOL. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes about the Pioneer Woman cookbook. I can't wait for it, I think I may preorder it. We will see. Have you tried Rodan + Fields new Active Hydration Serum? It is my new favorite product and it is working wonders for my husbands dry skin.

    I plan to look today at the Nordstrom catalog online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet of Sarah to send you the magazine after you'd been looking for it forever! And then new Pioneer Woman cookbook sounds right up my alley with the tagline focusing on simple recipes. When I looked through the Nordstrom catalog I thought it looked more trendy this year than usual, but you're probably right about things just not being styled the way I would wear something? There were a bunch of the beauty items I would love though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for her new cookbook! I cannot wait for it. I agree, I don't know if I want to pre-order or just wait and ask for it for Christmas. Tough decisions. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love me some Pioneer Woman!! My Mama is bringing my the magazine when she comes to visit in July :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday! I have a clarisonic and while I like it a lot, I'm not blown away by it. I also don't have good skin so that probably has something to do with it. I do however love anything by Kiehls! Have a great weekend! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have so many items on my Nordstrom list. I can't wait for the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost talked about the Clarisonic in my post today, too! I was going to list it under Amazon Prime Day items I want, but I decided not to. If you get one, please let me know how you like it. I'm really struggling on spending that much money on something for my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture is awesome! Also, I had no idea that Ree was coming out with a new cookbook! That makes me all kinds of happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes!! I heard this week about the PW's new cookbook and I can't wait to get it! That was so nice of Sarah to email you her magazine, too! And I've been on the fence for a Clarisonic for years so I guess it's time to click and buy it! Have a great 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't even realize The Pioneer Woman had a magazine. I enjoy her cooking show, so I'll have to check out the magazine. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Pioneer Woman and her cookbooks. I have one, but I use a lot of her recipes from Food Network. I haven't received my #NSALE catalog either, but have seen it and I think I feel the same way you do every time. There's so much good stuff available but what they put in the catalog isn't what I'd pick personally. This sale always freaks me out and makes me feel pressured to buy. Hate that...LOL Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I didn't know she had a new cookbook coming out! I'll have to pre-order that soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My husband talks about how good the The Pioneer Woman's food is every time the show comes now. I alway reply "when have you tried it"

    ReplyDelete