Friday, June 16, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  Let's get right to my favorite, shall we?



1.  Lately I have been absolutely obsessed with Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter.  My mom introduced me to this awhile ago.  She had it at my brother and sister in law's house one day and knew she had to get some for herself!  When I first got it, I mostly ate it with apples, or had a spoonful here and there when I needed something.  In the past few weeks, though, I have been using it on waffles in the morning and oh my word - it's delicious.  It melts a bit from the hot waffles and just tastes so, so yummy.  If you haven't given almond butter a try, I would definitely go for this one.  And make sure you get the vanilla - I have been told you can definitely tell the difference! 

2.  I mentioned on Monday that this past weekend I stopped at Bath & Body Works for their sale.  It seems like it is still going on, so if you are a fan, definitely check it out!  I picked up 3 $3 foaming hand soaps (the foaming ones are my favorite!) and then 2 new candles for $10 a piece.  The candles came in a pretty coral glass container, which goes perfectly with my apartment, and the scent, Sugared Citrus Sorbet, is so good! 

3.  One of my March goals was to make a dermatologist appointment for a skin check.  I made the appointment in March, but didn't actually have it until this week.  I always get nervous going to a new doctor, but there was no reason to be, because she was awesome!  I got all checked out, and while there was one spot they wanted to look into a bit further, overall the appointment went well!  The doctor and the staff were so nice, especially for having to deal with the air breaking that morning!  I feel like a weight has been lifted since the initial visit has been done and now I can get into the routine of going and getting checked out every year.

4.  Kelsey, over at The Peacock Roost, just announced the launch of her new business, Peacock Paper & Gifts.  I can only imagine the labor of love this has been for her and it's exciting to see things come together!  I know she is anxiously awaiting the release of her products and I have to say, I am, too! 

5.  I am giving myself a 4-day weekend!  I am off today, then again on Monday.  It's going to be a busy weekend, and then Monday I have plans to catch up with my best friend for lunch.  I am excited to get away from work a bit.  I feel like it was go go go for awhile, and even though things have slowed down, I am ready for an actual, full on break, for a few days!  

top row - men / bottom row - women


6.  An extra favorite for this Friday.  If you are in need for a last minute Father's Day present, I suggest you check out Sock Fancy.  It's a sock subscription service and they have really fun socks!  While this isn't really something up my dad's alley, I think my brother would really enjoy it, as well as other guys who like to rock the fun socks for work or play.  The quality is really nice and this will be my third time saying it, but they are just so fun!  And while I am mentioning it for Father's Day, it's not just for guys - they have women's socks, too!  (Disclaimer: I received a complimentary box of socks from SockFancy in exchange for a review on the blog.  As always, all thoughts and opinion are my own!)    

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.  

18 comments:

  1. Yay for a four day weekend! I need to try that almond butter. I love PB in waffles in the morning. Those socks are so cute! Good for you for getting a skin check! Now be sure to do it yearly! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for an extra long weekend! So glad your derm appointment went well-- it's so hard to take the first step to make the appointment sometimes, but glad you had a good experience. That sock box is such a fun idea! You usually see stuff more geared towards females, but that is a fun idea! I don't think I've ever tried almond butter, but maybe I'll have to try that out-- I think I've seen it in the mini packets?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought some soap from BBW this week too! The foaming ones are also my fav! I like to also have seasonally themed ones out during different seasons :) Love the sock box. My dad wouldn't care about it either, but maybe Dustin would? haha! He's become obsessed with printed socks lately.
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo, four day weekend, that's awesome, lady! And super fun gift idea, I LOVE SOCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sock subscription sounds so fun!! I love fun socks! Such a perfect gift. I totally need to check out that almond butter, Brayden actually doesn't like peanut butter so maybe he would like this?? Happy long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love almond butter and have never tried vanilla-but now I totally need to!! Enjoy your 4 day weekend-sometimes those extra days off from work, especially in the summer, are SO needed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun during your extra long weekend! And I hate going to the dermatologist too, but I'm glad that you had a good experience with a new doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely going to have to try that Almond Butter! And I totally bought a TON of candles from the B&BW sale. I love those candles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so jealous of your 4-day weekend. Enjoy it! Gosh, I really need to try that VANILLA almond butter! What's your fave Bath and Body Works scent?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen a delivery for socks! That's neat. Its good you got your skin checked. I have finally gotten regular about going every year too. And I love almond butter! So delicious. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Friday! I love that Almond Butter too. We don't always buy it but when we do it's so good. I'm glad your check went well and you are comfortable with the Dr. Sock fancy sounds like a great idea for a gift!
    Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Justin's almond butter but have never tried the vanilla version. Now I want too. Love the idea of a sock subscription. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok so I tried almond butter recently for the first time and I didn't like it very much. I need to try the vanilla almond butter! Is it a little bit sweeter??

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you had a good derm appt! I have to go to those pesky appts every year, and I'm always so nervous, like "Is this going to be the appt that my life changes?" I hate to think negatively, but I know I haven't taken great care of my skin, so it scares me! Justin's.... omg LOVE! I honestly can't even buy it anymore because I'll eat it straight out the jar. Ha! Enjoy your long weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always go crazy when Bath & Body Works has their sales. I'm glad they have the sale a few times a year so I can stock up on foam soaps and their 3-wick candles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww you are too sweet!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm adding that almond butter to my grocery list! It sounds delicious! The bath & body works same is always one of my favorites. I love being able to stock up on their candles. Hope you enjoyed your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete