Wednesday, May 31, 2017

What's Up Wednesday: May 2017


I am linking up with my usual Wednesday girls - Jessi and Jenn for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday and Shay for What's Up Wednesday.

What I'm eating this week...

Monday: Panera...and when I say that, I mean I ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!  I tried out their Green Passion Smoothie and holy cow as it delicious.  Not crazy about the amount of sugar in it, but I felt like it was a good way to get in some fruits and greens after indulging over the long weekend.  
Tuesday: Salad.  Again...need more greens!
Wednesday: Crockpot Mediterranean Pork Chops...these are so good and I haven't made them in forever!  
Thursday: Crispy Mustard-Roasted Chicken...not sure what I will pair it with yet, but probably a salad or green beans.  
Friday: Leftovers!

What I'm reminiscing about...last year's Rooster (Bar) Crawl.  It's coming up this weekend and I am so excited!  To give a little background, I am part of the Young Professionals Board for Provident in St. Louis.  Provident is a non-profit whose mission is to help people to a brighter future through counseling, suicide prevention and intervention and other various community support programs, like after school programs.  If you are in the area and would like to join us, you can register (or donate) here.  Last year far exceeded our expectations and we hope to do even better this year!  I love a good bar crawl, and it's even better when it's for a good cause.  

What I'm loving...I have two super random things, but the TV show MacGyver and yogurt parfaits.  I had both seasons of MacGyver recorded on my DVR and just finally got around to watching them the past few weeks.  I remember the old one from when I was little, so I was curious about this one.  Well, it's a win for me!  On to the yogurt parfaits - while I was in New York, I got hooked on them again and decided to make my own.  I usually have one as a snack during the day, and I am loving them.  The Greek yogurt gives me protein, blueberries help me get in fruits and then the granola gives it a bit of crunch and sweetness which makes it even better!  

What I've been up to...I feel like life has been crazy this past month.  Work was nuts, all leading up to our big New York trip.  I feel like it took me a bit to recover from that, and then it was time to head to Indy to see my family and for the race.  All good things, though!

What I'm dreading...I don't know if you would say I am dreading this, but honestly I wish time would just slow down a bit in some aspects.  And then of course, in some ways, on some things I wish it would speed up!  But really, by the time I do this post next month, we will be half way through the year.  How did that even happen?!


What I'm working on...not procrastinating.  Some days I am REALLY good at being on top of things and not letting them fall to the wayside.  Other days I am a terrible procrastinator.  I can often reason with myself that I should relax and just get to it later, when in reality that adds stress on.  My 'relaxing' time is somewhat clouded by that list of things to do in my head, so in reality it would be much more relaxing if I did things right away and had a shorter time to 'relax' than if I put it off.  Hopefully that makes sense, because I feel like I just wrote in circles!  I feel like with how crazy things were at work for awhile, I still haven't gotten back to being on top of my game - hoping that will change! 


What I'm excited about...seeing my family again in just a few weeks!  Being 3-4 hours away from both my parents in one direction and then my brother, sister in law and nephew in a different direction, not having those set plans to see each other after a get together always makes being away harder.  But we have a few things planned for this summer, and that makes it so much easier!


What I'm watching...MacGyver as I mentioned above, Home Town, Teen Mom, Real Housewives (both New York and Potomac), Southern Charmed...really the list goes on.  I love a good TV show!


What I'm listening to...nothing!  I should probably just remove this from my posts going forward, because I am pretty sure I never am really listening to anything when it comes time for these!


What I'm wearing...I shared last Wednesday what I wore for work all week.  I did stray a bit from my original plan with my outfit on Wednesday.  I wanted something a little less bulky for the day (it was our final weigh-in) and have a few favorite outfit!  A v-neck sweater (on sale!), tucked into crop pants (on sale!), black and silver earrings, a skinny belt and heels.  Simple and classic!  



Yesterday I opted for a super simple black dress (I always go for the things that don't take much thinking after a long weekend) and it will be a game time decision what I will be wearing this morning!

What I'm doing this weekend...Rooster Crawl!  

What I'm looking forward to next month...another trip for work and some family time.



Bonus Question: What is your favorite vacation spot...for sure Michigan - Union Pier to be exact.  I have been going there with my family forever and it is just the best place.  Unfortunately, the timing doesn't always work out with work, but I did manage to sneak there for a little bit of time last year (recap here).  Morning runs, long days at the beach, then yummy dinners both in and out, followed by sunsets and cards.  Doesn't get much better than that!


13 comments:

  1. The rooster crawl sounds so fun!! And I didn't even know there was a remake of MacGyver?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on dreading time and procrastinating. I cannot understand how it'll be the middle of the year soon. I'm struggling with my desire to relax and watch my favorite shows on top of everything else I have going on. Union Pier sounds like a great place to recharge!

    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michigan? Really? I'm intrigued! Also, your two random things just made my day and I'm now trying to remember the Macgyver theme! Day made! Cheers to NY - I want to join!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michigan is SO pretty- I went once and was amazed by how gorgeous it was. I love that gray sweater-sometimes there is nothing prettier than a simple neutral outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that BR sweater! And I haven't tried that new smoothie from Panera but I'll have to this summer. I could eat Panera for every meal too haha! Love that you did that!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm craving Panera now! I may have to have it for lunch today. :) I love the Green Passion Smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could totally eat Panera for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We love it so much! Their cinnamon crunch bagels are the best bagels I've ever had in my entire life. I craved them so bad when I was preggo with Olivia!

    And yay for another Rooster Crawl! I remember that post from you last year and it looked like so much fun! I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay to the Rooster Crawl, I remember your pictures from last year. And a big yes to yogurt parfaits!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you're watching McGuyver again. I loved that show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rooster crawl sounds really fun! Totally agree on the procrastination. Sometimes I'm so on top of it and others I am soooo behind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can definitely eat Panera for breakfast, lunch and dinner! The Rooster Crawl sounds fun for this weekend...I'd love to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay Michigan! :) Panera is one of my faves, too. I'm with you on the procrastinating. I can get overwhelmed then just want to relax, but then I stress over what still needs to get done...ugh haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yogurt parfaits are my favorite...I do the same set up but with a drizzle of agave nectar.

    ReplyDelete