Monday, May 22, 2017

Weekend Recap + NYC

This is going to be more of a 'week' recap than just the weekend, because I wanted to share about my work trip to New York.

I arrived in New York late Tuesday afternoon.  Fortunately, the work part didn't really start until Wednesday, so a coworker and I had plans to do a little exploring Tuesday evening.  First stop was Black Tap in Midtown.  I had seen pictures of their shakes online and because I LOVE a good milkshake, I knew I wanted to go.  We were staying at the Grand Hyatt, and it was about a 25 minutes walk, so not bad at all.  We got there at the perfect time, around 6:00.  I say that because shortly after we sat down, the line was out the door and across the front of the restaurant.  I went with the All-American burger with the sweet potatoes fries and the cookie shake.  Everything was so delicious.  A bit messy, so be prepared, but very well-worth it.  We wanted to walk off a bit of dinner, so we headed over to Central Park.  My last trip (which was also my first trip), we didn't make it to Central Park, so I was excited to take a peek.  We just really went on the outskirts, but it really is a beautiful park - just from the little bits we saw!  From there, we headed to 5th Avenue to check out all the stores.  While we didn't stop in any, it was neat to see all the different ones they had their, and check out some of the window displays.  St. Patrick's Cathedral is right there, so we took a little pitstop at the church and checked it out.  It is just so very beautiful there!  We made our way back to the hotel and called it a night.  It was fun just getting out and walking around.  I would love to live in a place where you could walk everywhere like that - just so neat!  The rest of the trip was spent working, but we did have a planned dinner out at The Capital Grille.  I have ate at the one in Chicago and absolutely loved it, so I was super excited when I found out we were going in New York.  The food did not disappoint - everything was delicious.  The work part of the trip was successful and it was back home Thursday evening.















I was so happy to see Friday and ended up taking a half day to just relax and get some errands done.  I headed to the grocery store and got all my shopping done for the next week, and picked up some wine, cheese and meat for a little at-home happy hour.  My new go-to wine is Vinas Chilenas Rosario Estate Rose from Trader Joe's.  I think it's about $4 - super yummy and super cheap!

The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful.  I spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen.  After being busy at work and not really cooking, plus being out of town, I always get the urge to cook and eat something homemade.  I recreated my current favorite drink from Starbuck's, the coconut milk mocha macchiato (recipe to come!), finally made zoodles, and did some meal prepping for the week.  As I write this, I am in the process of making some homemade granola to pair with yogurt for breakfast or a snack - fingers crossed it turns out!

Happy Monday!

Linking up with Biana.

16 comments:

  1. Jealous you went to Black Tap! Isn't is crazy good?! Glad you got to see Central Park, it really is the best part of the city in my eyes.

    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great way to spend an afternoon in NYC! Glad you had a nice low key weekend to regroup after your busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work trips rarely leave time to explore so I'm glad you got to take in a lot of the sights in NYC!! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. That milkshake!!!! Yum!!! Your NYC pictures look so pretty! I'm dying to go haha! You're going to have to post your recipe for your homemade Starbucks drink, too :)
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous! I'm dying to get to NYC!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cookie shake though! It looks so good! We have a Capital Grille here in Fort Worth that I haven't been to yet but I really want to go to. Looks like you had fun exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shake looks amazing, everything I would love in a cup :)! Glad you had a fun time in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous that you went to Black Tap! I so want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always the best when you go on a work trip to a fun city and you get to do a little sightseeing while you're at it! Black Tap looks so amazing! I still can't imagine how delicious that shake was!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got some gorgeous shots, Emily! Oh how I miss New York! It's been four years since I've been and I miss it constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm that homemade granola sounds so good. I would loooove to try Black Tap next time I'm in NYC. Central Park is the perfect place to walk off that awesome meal. Now I'm starving ;)

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving all your homemade food items!! And yay for NYC - I've only been once and it was so long ago! What fun to get to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to check out that Rose wine. Love TJ's Rose's. I love NYC and I can't wait to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love visiting NYC so much! I need to put Black Tap on my list of places to eat! Wow! What a milkshake!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice afternoon in NYC. Holy moly that shake
    Looks amazing. I've always wanted to try one like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad Black Tap lived up to the hype-- I always see the photos on isntagram too and it looks sooo good! It sounds like an awesome work trip- it's the best when you get a little bit of time to explore.

    ReplyDelete