Monday, May 1, 2017

Weekend Recap: The Lion King

Monday again!

My weekend was pretty darn low key and lazy, minus Saturday night.  It rained cats and dogs much of the weekend, which made it perfect for lying about, reading and DVR watching.

Saturday night we had tickets to go see The Lion King at The Fox.  I love going to the Fox, because it is just such a gorgeous place.  Not to mention, the shows are always excellent.  We headed to The Block for dinner.  We had gone there before, but I have to say, it wasn't quite as good as we remembered.  The drinks were delicious and the food was good, but it was super loud in there.  Next time, I think we will go to a different place.  We headed to the show, grabbed a drink and enjoyed.  The Lion King really is amazing, especially the beginning.  The Circle of Life was my favorite song from the show, and I loved how they had all the 'animals' on stage.  It amazed me how they did the costumes.  My favorite had to have been the leopard - the movement was just so neat!  And I loved how the masks would swing up and down as the actors moved.  So cool.  If you ever have the chance to go see it, I would highly suggest it!



I wandered out into the rain Sunday morning to go to the gym and run errands.  I have to say, if you have not invested into a pair of Hunter boots, or any rain boots, I highly suggest it.  My feet stayed so dry and warm, which made running to and from the stores much more pleasant.  I have the packable ones in navy, but think the short, shiny ones are too fun.  I wouldn't mind another pair!

Hope you all have a great Monday.

Linking up with Biana.
   

18 comments:

  1. That theater is stunning!! Love that you had such a great time, I imagine the sets are some of the most impressive you could have seen! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that this was coming to The Fox and I wanted to make a trip so badly but couldn't find a day that fit into our schedule, boo. I'm glad you got to go and that you enjoyed it! It rained here all weekend too which made it pretty low-key! Have a great Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous theater!! So glad you had an awesome time at the show!! It's been noting but rain here, boo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how we are six hours apart, but our weather is always the same. It poured all weekend here and I lived in my Hunter boots! I couldn't live without them. You're right... they keep your feet not only dry, but warm! Glad you enjoyed the show. Such a fun way to spend a Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a pair of rain boots, but packable ones sound pretty cool. Also, I'm super jealous about the lion king ;)

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lion King sounded awesome! I'm such a huge fan of my Hunter Boots, I've had them for almost 8 years and they haven't failed me yet :-)
    xo
    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. That theater is gorgeous! The Lion King was my favorite Disney movie growing up so I totally want to see this! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous theater. Glad you had fun, love the music from the Lion King. I have the Hunter rain boots and hardly even wear them in the rain, haha I use them as snow boots instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun night out!! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful theatre!!! THere's a Fox Theatre in Atlanta that's so beautiful like that and then the Alabama Theatre in Birmingham is so pretty like that--I love the gilded architecture! I think it would be so fun to live during the time when everyone got dressed up and would go out to the theatre! Also I love the short Hunter boots! I have the tall ones like you, but the short ones are super cute too!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh and I forgot to say that The Lion King is one of my favorite shows to watch so I'm so glad you loved it too! I agree with you--the costumes were amazing! I was in awe the entire time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray for getting to see The Lion King! I swear it's one of the most amazing shows I've ever seen because it's literally so cool how they can actually make you believe that there are actual animals on stage because the actors and costumes are that great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That theater is just amazing! I want to see Lion King on Broadway so bad! I guess I need to try to catch it if it ever comes to the Fox Theater in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never seen the Lion King but it sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a good relaxing weekend. I love broadway shows and hunter boots :) xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never seen the show, but it sounds interesting. Is the wildebeest stampede scene in it? I wonder how that moment from the movie would be done on stage.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Low key weekends are so needed sometimes! The Fox looks like a gorgeous place to see a show.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everyone says The Lion King live is OUT OF THIS WORLD. So cool you got to see it!

    ReplyDelete