Thursday, May 25, 2017

Recipe Round Up: April 2017


Greek Salad Bites from Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers.  I made these for book club and they were a hit!  Super easy to make, although I had a hard time finding the taziki sauce.  I ended up using a Greek yogurt dressing, which I thought was really good.  I finally did see some taziki sauce at Trader Joe's, but that was on a later trip.  If you are looking for a fresh, lighter app, these are it!    



Roasted Spaghetti Squash from Martha Stewart.  I opted for this recipe, because I could not cut through the squash without roasting it first!  Emily mentioned that you can prick it, microwave for a few minutes, and then cut through to roast, so I might try that option sometime.  This works well though, and although you can't really add any seasoning to the squash since it is roasting whole, I don't mind it!  Tossed with a good spaghetti sauce, you don't really need to add anything else.  For leftovers, I stored the spaghetti squash plain in one container, and then portioned it out as needed.  Such a great alternative for when you want pasta, but not all the carbs!

Other Recipe Round Up posts:
Recipe Round Up: February 2017 
Recipe Round Up: January 2017 
Recipe Round Up: November 2016 
Recipe Round Up: October 2016 

What new recipes have you tried lately?

Linking up with Annie.

10 comments:

  1. That spaghetti squash looks so good and so do those Greek salad bites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're obsessed with Greek salad - I need to make those bites!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo those greek salad bites look AMAZING!! I love spaghetti squash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those greek salad bites look amazing!! yes, try doing the spaghetti squash in the microwave! works so much easier than trying to cut through it raw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh those greek salad bites look so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh those apps look delicious and so perfect for taking to a get together. I've only made spaghetti squash once and keep meaning to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those greek salad bites look delicious. I definitely need more "light" appetizers in my life haha, sometimes the party food gets to be SO heavy. And we love roasting spaghetti squash and doing exactly what you do! The microwave trick is a lifesaver too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Greek salad bites look yummy! I'm always looking for new apps for social events and Bunco.


    Elizabeth | The Lovely Latte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those bites look delish. I so wish we had a Trader Joe's nearby. I love spaghetti squash and saw recently someone cooking in the instant pot but haven't tried it yet

    ReplyDelete