Thursday, May 4, 2017

May 2017 Goals

In my last goal post, I was so excited to share my good March results, however April is a bit of a different story.  Not too, too bad, but definitely not great!

April Goals

1.  Delete old phone numbers.  I think I did a few, but not the entire contact list like I had been hoping.  Does anyone know of an easy way to delete contacts off an iPhone?  It's like you have to go in and edit and then scroll all the way too the bottom.  I know it's being a bit nit picky and maybe lazy, but I just like the ability to swipe and delete.  Emails and texts have me spoiled! 

2.  Unsubscribe / clean out email.  My whole email situation has gotten a TON better.  I am over a 100, but a heck of a lot better than the 600+!  I actually unsubscribed to a lot of emails, rather than just delete and that has been making a big difference.  I still need to get better, but I would check this one off, as it has been a huge improvement!

3.  Check out less books from the library.  I would say yes on this.  I haven't been checking out a lot, even though my list is growing and growing.  I have actually been a little 'off' reading, as you'll see next week in my book review, but once things settle at work, I am sure that will gear right back up.

4.  Continue to purge and organize.  I don't think I touched anything.  Whoops!

On to May!


Image result for may images

May Goals

1.  Faster response time to blog emails.  As I mentioned before, I respond to comments via email.  (If you comment and haven't gotten a response from me, then it probably means you are a no-reply blogger.  To get that fixed, just google and there are lots of great tutorials out there to help that!  If you so choose!)  There have been times where I respond that day and then other times, I think it's been a week or more!!!  I hate that, and want to make it a priority to respond that day or at least the next morning.  I love being able to connect to people this way, but it kind of loses it if I am slacking on the response!

2.  Get back to the Bible.  One of my New Year's Resolutions was to read the bible.  I purchased one that was specifically designed to be read in one year.  I started out the year strong, but got away from it.  I really want to catch back up and keep up with my reading.

3. Finally catch up on blog reading.  I feel like I have not been able to catch up on all the blogs I want since way back in December.  My Bloglovin' 'unread' list is ridiculously long and I want to finally get that under control, and then hopefully stay semi current with everyone!  

4.  Use My Fitness Pal app.  I have used this app before, but got away from it.  My weigh in this week was less than stellar - since the last one I really slacked on my two a day work outs and my eating was not up to par.  My excuse has been that work is really crazy right now, I have been working later which leads to me having absolutely no desire to go to the gym after work...and it also leads me to stress eating / craving ALL the bad things.  Obviously I could have made it a priority and not given into some of the cravings, but I didn't.  I want to get back on track and I think using this to track my meals and work outs will be helpful.  The idea is relatively easy, but I find it can be tedious adding meals to the app, so I am hoping putting it out there as a goal will keep me accountable!         

What are you goals for the month?

Linking up with Kristen and Annie.
     

20 comments:

  1. We both did our May goals today!! I need to get better at responding to emails too. I read them but can't always respond right away and I need to start waiting to read until I can respond. And you should try a Bible study from She Reads Truth if you're having a hard time with the Bible in a year. But also, don't feel bad if you don't get it read in an entire year as long as you're reading!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been bad about responding to comments too. I leave them "unread" on my phone so I know to respond and then it'll be days before I do it. I need to do it right when I read the comment! Ive been using MFP for a week and really like it. I love that I can track everything even my workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I really should add start using My Fitness Pal again! I did it in the beginning of the year for 2 months everyday and I swear it helped me lose 5lbs! Then I had surgery and was all like oh I'll eat whatever I want and of course I didn't plug all that into the app LOL. But now it's time again, thanks for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm awful at replying to blog comments too! Sometimes it can be a week or so! Eek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to catching up on blog reading. I feel like with work and my personal life I've fallen so far behind lately. And I need to start using My Fitness Pal again too. These are great goals for May girl! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh WHY can't you just swipe and delete a contact?! It takes so long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deleting contacts takes forever, and I swear phones now somehow pull any number on facebook or any social media. And it can be so easy to get behind on blog reading-always tough to stay caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monthly goals are some of my favorite posts because they give ideas for other monthly goals! I love the idea of deleting old phone numbers, I really need to do this! Also... I'm way behind on blogs as well, it ebbs and flows depending on how busy life is at the time but so far this entire year has been a whirlwind. Happy Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goals. the contact list is one place we don't often think to declutter, until we're looking for a name and realize we have 100 entries we don't need. The iPhone also saves the email and phone under different contacts if they came from different places so there's lots of duplication. Every now and then, I try to clean that out too.
    Great post.
    My goals here: http://wp.me/p4cJzL-3nu

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have such a problem with checking out too many books from the library. It's ridiculous. I am always paying late fees or returning them before I read them. I need to work on that. I need to clean out my email too ;)

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel ya on the blog emails. I'm almost always behind 2-3 days when I respond. Haha. I just can't seem to get caught up!

    And if you find out an easier way to delete contacts from an iPhone let me know! I want to clean mine out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so terrible about responding to blog comments too, and I always feel like I respond like a week late! The good thing is that you respond!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a hard time keeping up with reading blogs too. I'm working on that big time this month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many great goals! I really need to tackle my inbox situation...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great goals! I'd also like to do more reading & Bible reading, respond to comments quicker and get My Fitness Pal app up and running. I tried to use it the other day and realized I wasn't logged in or couldn't remember my login so I need to get it set up and ready to use. Hopefully it'll stop raining and I'll be out walking again soon :) Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  16. deleting contacts is very annoying. i think if it were as easy as swipe and delete, you'd accidentally delete some so maybe thats why they don't?
    girl i am so laughably behind on blog reading and responding to comments. it's hilarious how far behind i am!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great goals as always! My Bloglovin unread list has been impossible to keep up with too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm also trying to be quicker with responding to comments on my blog and also reading other blogs. It's something that I struggled with in the past and now I want to hold myself accountable for it. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great goals girl! I need...NEED to do better on responding to comments. I always check me email on my phone at the worst time (fixing to go into a meeting, checkout out at the grocery store, sitting at a red light, etc.) and then forget to respond...definitely going to work on that one myself!

    ReplyDelete