Friday, May 26, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  I felt like I was one day ahead the whole week, so I am glad to finally see Friday!  And the long weekend.

1.  I picked up two pairs of jean shorts from Old Navy this week, and a pair of sunglasses...all for $28.  I was in need of a new pair of shorts, but since I don't really wear them all that often, I wanted to not spend much money.  Old Navy was (and still is) having 50% off shorts, making them only $10 a piece (for some reason they are showing up a few dollars more online).  I grabbed both a dark and medium wash to have.  I was going to check out when I saw sunglasses.  I am always buying new sunglasses, and for $5 these couldn't be passed up.

2.  Kind of a funny story behind this favorite.  My mom bought me this toothbrush because my dad told her I HAD to have it.  He had gotten it not too long before and really liked it, and decided I needed one, too.  My dad hooks my brother and I up with certain tools, flashlights, a small shop vac - that type of stuff, so it's kind of funny to me when the next 'must-have' was a toothbrush!  It's crazy cheap compared to other electronic toothbrushes, and I think it is just as good.  It keeps a good charge, so you don't have to have it plugged in all the time, which is nice for me.  I usually charge mine on the weekends and then it will last the whole week!

3.  Have any of you watched Nate and Jeremiah by Design on TLC?  I am LOVING their show.  Unfortunately the season is ending, but I believe there is a marathon going this weekend.  Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent help people who are in dire need of a renovation / new design for their home.  For example, on an episode last weekend, the family they helped had a pipe burst which flooded their house and caused the first floor to be pretty much striped down to the studs and concrete floors.  Shortly after, their daughter was diagnosed with cancer.  Just such tough circumstances.  Apart from the design element, it's so fun to watch them interact with each other and the real star of their show, their precious little daughter Poppy.  Just SO CUTE!  Anyways, the show is one of my latest obsessions.

4.  I came across this song a few nights ago and just love it.  I admit to having watched the High School Musical movies, even though I was in college when they actually came out.  I love a good musical and some of those songs were just so dang catchy!  I vaguely remember the original song, but this version is so good.  Definitely more 'grown up', if you will!

5.  I love James Corden's show, but that late late time does not work for me.  He was on primetime this week and did NOT disappoint.  Carpool karaoke is always a win and his Beauty and the Beast sidewalk performance (with some actual actors from the real movie) was so awesome!  

I hope you all have a great long weekend.  See you back here on Tuesday!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.  




9 comments:

  1. James Corden is the best and so are you!!! Wishing you the best long weekend beautiful babe!! And so cute about the toothbrush!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nate and jeremiah by design! Such a feel good show. Reminds me of extreme makeover home edition..i used to love that show! I'm on the hunt for some jean shorts, ill have to check out old navy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny, I blogged about new jean shorts from ON today too!! I think those might be the same ones I got but I can't remember! ha ha! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love James Corden. He is just the funniest, and carpool karaoke is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We both posted about jean shorts today! And so did Lizzie, I think! Ha! I didn't even see those at Old Navy... I would have definitely tried those on before I got the Target ones. I do love the Target ones, though! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Old Navy shorts and they always have good deals! Carpool Karaoke is the best too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've watched a bit of Nate and Jeremiah - those two are just adorable, and the premise of the show is great!

    Oh, I love James Corden. I started taping him recently so hopefully I can keep up with the shows!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the High School Musical movies...we seriously own them all and I will still catch my kids wanting to watch them..even the 15 year old! My oldest was a senior in high school when the last one came out and I can remember watching it an crying lol.

    ReplyDelete