Friday, May 5, 2017

Friday Favorites: Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Surprisingly enough, I can't believe it is Friday!  It's been one of those quick weeks, and I can't say I hate it.  Although work-wise, I could have actually used an extra day, just for scheduling purposes!

1.  I shared my May Goals yesterday and I am feeling really motivated right now to get them all crossed off by the end of the month.  I feel like sometimes just writing things down gives you the extra bit of oomph needed to get things done.

2.  Guys, I am somewhat of a confession to make.  I am a big Miley Cyrus fan.  Yea, she went a little bit off her rocker for awhile (at least in my opinion), but I still have been a fan since Hannah Montana days.  The Climb was my ringtone for YEARS.  Partly because I didn't want to pay for a new ringtone, which, side note, do people still use songs as ringtones?  Anyways, the other part was because I really liked the song, I liked the lyrics, and I just like Miley's voice.  The point of this is that she is coming out with a new album and I am super excited.  The album won't be released until later this year, but the first song off it will be available May 11th.  I thought this article about it all was really good.

3.  I mentioned my Hunter boots on Monday, but since it's been raining pretty much all week here, I thought they needed mentioning again.  They are expensive, but to me, they are worth it!  I have had mine for almost 3 years now and wear them so much more than I originally anticipated.  Buy them - you won't regret it!

4.  Speaking of rain boots, let's talk about the crazy amounts of rain we have had.  Last weekend the area got so much rain, that it ended up causing some serious flooding.  It's really sad to see all these places that just experienced some major flooding less than 2 years ago are getting hit so hard again.  They just got settled, only to have to deal with it all again.  Major interstates are closed, co workers are either stuck at home, or stuck in a hotel because they can't get home...it just stinks.  And of course, Wednesday and Thursday brought more rain to add to the mix.  Obviously not a favorite this week, but what is, is seeing how the communities come together.  People volunteering, local businesses offering free meals to flood victims, just a lot of good is happening at the same time, too.  It's always sad to see things in such a bad state, but it does restore a bit of faith in humanity to see how people rally and come together.

5.  One thing I have been waiting to try for years is the Aquage Uplifting Foam.  I was under the impression that you could only get it from a salon, although after a quick search, I do see it's on amazon - a few dollars cheaper than the one I bought, too!  However, Ulta now carries it now!  I got my haircut the other day and picked up some to try.  I have only heard good things about it, so I am excited to see how it works for me! 

Also, quick reminder about the Girl Chat link up next Thursday - we will be sharing our favorite make up / beauty items!
  

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.  

10 comments:

  1. We have had a ton of rain here too! It's been crazy. I love my hunter boots they are perfect for rain/snow! Writing the link up down so I remember to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunter boots are absolutely worth the splurge - I bought mine almost 7 years ago and still wear them anytime it rains :) Happy Weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was always a Miley fan too but when she went weird I couldn't keep up, however, I did just hear all about her album and what she had to say about that time in her life, and I think I can like her again LOL!! Can't wait for Girl Chat! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, we have had way too much rain, I had to bring my flowers in, they were getting so water logged! Hunters are the BEST! I am ready for another pair! I hope you have a weekend that is as beautiful as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dangit! I totally forgot to post my reminder about the Girl Chat today. I was going to put it on my Friday post bc they are always the most popular. I'll have to remind everyone on Tuesday during my other link-up.

    Anyhoo, Hunters... YES! I love mine so much and I only wish that I could wear them to work. I can only wear them on the weekends and I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth. Lol. I'm sure I will as the years go by, though.

    And girl, I LOVE The Climb... it's one of my faves, too. I think my absolute fave by her is Party in the USA. I freaking love that song and I blast it when it comes on! So much fun to sing along to!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't particularly like Miley Cyrus, but I think that she really wanted to kill her cute Hannah Montana image. She just went overboard with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've been getting a lot of rain, too, so thank goodness for rain boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked Miley's Party in the USA song for a little bit because it was so catchy but that was as much Miley as I could/can take! I can't wait to see if you like that foam! $20 isn't bad for good hair products! And how did you get your hair cut? Trim or more?
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Hunter rain boots, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how comfortable they are! We've had so much rain too that I spend an entire day in them, and I'm already hooked! Cheers, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love my hunter rain boots. I wore mine a lot this weekend as well. Now I want more colors!

    ReplyDelete