Friday, May 12, 2017

Friday Favorites: All the Things

Happy Friday!  I am calling this edition of Friday Favorites, 'All the Things', because all my favorites this week are just that - things!

1.  Sarah highly recommended this Matilda Jane dress and I scooped one up right away.  When she told me about it, she said it was so soft and could be for both work and play.  Obviously I was intrigued, and for only $68, I couldn't say no!  I wore it already this week and got a few compliments on it!  It's such a flattering cut, I think it would look good on anyone.  

2.  I shared this bell sleeve tee on Monday, but since I actually have it in hand (and I love it), I wanted to share it again.  The fabric is so soft.  Some reviews say to order down, but I opted for my normal size (small) because I didn't want it to be too, tight.  It's loose, but I think in a cute way, so I am glad I went with my normal size.  I think the extra small would have actually fit, but the length might have been a little shorter than I normally like.  Anyways, it's super cute, comes in a few different colors and makes for a great basic with a fun little flair from the sleeves (without being too much).  

3.  Another item I ordered from Nordstrom was this bra.  I have read on multiple blogs that it is THE BEST strapless bra ever.  I always have a hard time finding a good fit with those things, so I was down to try it out and I am happy to say it lives up the hype!  I ordered the pecan, thinking it would be just a little bit darker nude, but it is pretty dark.  However, it still seems to blend in under whites, so I am going to keep it.  If I decide to get another though, I will definitely opt for the 'nude' color.

4.  I received my first Influenster box, the Poppy Vox Box about a month ago and one of the items in it was Rimmel London Oh My Gloss lip gloss.  If you aren't familiar with Influenster, it's a site where you can sign up to receive complimentary items.  That may not be the best explanation of it, and honestly I don't quite understand how you get picked to be sent the certain boxes / items, but if receiving things for free to try out is something you are interested in, I would definitely check it out.  Back to the lip gloss.  I received this super pretty color (in the box for free), and finally got around to trying it out this week.  One thing I hate about normal lip glosses is that fact that they can be sticky and feel kind of heavy, if that makes sense.  This gloss is the total opposite!  It has a pretty tint, goes on super smooth, isn't sticky at all, and feels really light on your lips.

5.  Speaking of make up, yesterday's Girl Talk link up was all about makeup and beauty faves.  It was a super fun post to put together and I have really enjoyed reading the posts I have gotten through thus far.  My to try list is growing longer and longer!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.  

15 comments:

  1. I've been seeing that strapless bra a LOT lately! Wondered if it lived up to the hype! Strapless bra's usually aren't my thing because they never stay UP! Might have to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the cut of the Maltida Jane dress! I need to check out if there are other colors. I still have not purchased that strapless bra and I see it everywhere on blogs! It's in the basket now lol Have a great weekend!!
    xo
    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time finding a great strapless bra so I'm definitely looking into that one!! Hope you have a great weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute dress!! I love lip gloss. I'll have to check that out!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that blouse and dress! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is so cute. I will have to check out that strapless bra, it's so hard to find a good one that actually works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strapless bras are always tough to find. Glad you found one that works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Nordstrom for bras! (And everything else, ha!) One of my friends sells Matilda Jane and she's always saying I need to come to a party even though I don't have a little girl - so great to hear you like the clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finding the perfect strapless bra is always a win in my books. Glad you found one that you like! (& I'll definitely be checking it out very soon!) Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the PSA on the strapless bra! I've always been a Victoria's Secret girl for bras, but I'm thinking of trying something different this next time. I am in need of a new strapless bra right now so I'm going to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want that dress now!!! So pretty. I love Nordstrom for their bras. They even alter the bra you love for breastfeeding. Not that you need one, but good to know for the future or for other mamas out there. Have a wonderful weekend Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay I have been on the hunt for a good strapless bra for quite some time now - going to check that one out ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should have sent me a picture of you in your MJ dress! I'm dying to see what it looks like on you! And I may be the only person out there, but I hate strapless bras! They have never stayed up for me, so I usually just go bra-less haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your MJ dress looks so cute! My SIL wears a ton of her stuff but I have never tried any of it. I will have to check it out. I got the Poppy Box too and that lip gloss was one of my favorite things in it! Love Rimmel lip stuff!

    ReplyDelete