Wednesday, May 3, 2017

April Showers Bring May Flowers

It's that time again...time for my flower/plant post!  Every year, my mom and I plant a pot or two for me to have.  She started doing this for me when I lived in an apartment in college and we have been keeping up the tradition ever since.  I love the pop of color they add when I look outside, not to mention it just makes things seem a bit more homey.  

Here's what we planted this year:
Wave Series Petunia (flower)
Dusty Miller (filler)
Spike Dracaena (tall plant)




You can see from the last few years that I always kind of go for the same look.  Something a little taller in the middle, with another green plant and flowers around the outside.    


2016 (Post Here):

I am still working on my green thumb, although these pots are usually pretty low maintenance - just have to remember to water them, without over watering!  My mom always tells me to water them every few days, or more if they look dry, until the water comes out of the bottom.  Lucky for me, the rain has taken pretty good care of that thus far this season!  Do you have a green thumb?

Linking up with Jenn and Jessi.


15 comments:

  1. In my head I want to have all the plants and flowers EVERYWHERE but I am SO BAD at keeping plants alive. I either over water them, or completely forget to water them. SO annoying! But I keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish we had the space to do a few potted plants - they are so pretty! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try so hard to have a green thumb but it's not natural for me! My Mother in Law and sister in law both have amazing green thumbs and I'm thankful they come help me with my flower gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had space to plant some flowers or even a few potted plants. Even at work, where we use to always have fresh flowers, we are not allowed to them flowers or plants anymore. I miss the smell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! One accidental tradition I have is to buy a new pot every year when I go to Home Depot to get all of my flowers and potting soil. My MIL taught me how to put together my pots a few years ago, and now I love it! These looks so pretty, and I love that you and your mom have this sweet tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to step up my potted plants game, so much great inspiration! Petunias are some of my favs <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful, and to answer your question - NO - I do not have a green thumb! I wish I did. I always say that I have a black thumb becuase I kill everything. Haha. I've been practicing with ferns for the last few years and have been doing OK with those, so I'm thinking of trying my hand at some potted herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty! Flowers make everything feel more homey for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers look gorgeous! I totally don't have a green thumb, and if it weren't for Chris I'm pretty sure that I'd have killed everything in our house by now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love petunias! I love going to greenhouses each spring and buying so many different flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the purple flowers! I have my heart set on planting some pretty blooms this weekend all purple!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love having potted plants and flowers in my yard, but still have a lot to learn about caring for them. I am getting a little better every year so hopefully one day I'll be good at gardening. Love your combos this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So far I have managed to keep two hibiscus plants alive for a month!! I'm so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE those flowers! I usually try to plant a little each year, but I sometimes forget to water them too. When I'm talking on the phone to my mom she'll ask if I have watered them yet and it always reminds me!!

    ReplyDelete