Monday, April 24, 2017

Weekend Recap: Spring Cleaning Edition

Happy Monday!  The weekend was way too fast as always - here's a little recap.

My mom came Friday afternoon and was kind enough to do some grocery shopping for me while I was finishing up work.  We headed out for some drinks and apps a little bit later, then made a few stops - one to Dick's Sporting Goods to see if the sales were as good as last weekend, and then to Lowe's to pick up flowers and plants for my balcony pots.  Dick's was a bit of a disappointment for me, but we both found some things and got good deals on those.  Lowe's was an adventure, because it had started raining a bit - no too heavy, but more than spitting - so we shopped for plants in the rain.  We thought we were the only crazy ones that would be out, but there were actually quite a few people and more coming as we left.  Guess we weren't the only ones not afraid of a little rain.

We were up early the next morning, ready to tackle my spring cleaning list.  The weather was pretty crappy in the morning - cold and rainy, but luckily for us it stopped and then totally cleared up and became gorgeous!  The cleaning was nonstop, with only a trip to Target to pick up a few more cleaning supplies...and Starbucks.  I tell you, that cinnamon almond milk macchiato is addicting.  We finished up, took a quick walk before dinner and then just kind of crashed.  I am so thankful she was able to come help me, because we got so much done.  The place just seems refreshed!  We even managed to do a bit of decorating, too.  



Sunday morning was another early start to the day, and we headed out for a walk.  I love these days where it is cooler in the morning and then warms up throughout the day.  Perfect for morning walks.  I introduced my mom to my love of Kodiak Cakes, and she helped me do some food prep before heading back home.  I spent the rest of the day doing laundry and getting ahead on some blog posts.  

It was such a productive weekend, here's to hoping the week follows suit!

Linking up with Biana.

19 comments:

  1. Hooray for getting so much accomplished!! Love your little pots with pretty flowers in them! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a productive weekend! I also had that Starbucks drink on Saturday! And it was cold and rainy for us yesterday which was so gross...a blackberry winter is what we call it here. Thankfully it's going to start warming up today and be much warmer later this week!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love hearing about your weekends with your mom-I bet those visits are great. And nothing feels better than a clean house! Loving your plants-I am so excited to finally be seeing green again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend with your Mom! Love those flower pots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dining room looks great! I especially enjoy the table setup!
    xo
    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dining room, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having worked in retail, my experience is that a lot of people want to hang out at stores in the rain. Don't know why. I like your dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coming home on a Friday to fresh groceries already there plus your mom - that's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did good girl, your dining room looks lovely and what a great feeling to have a good spring cleaning! I'm with you, cooler mornings for walking are the best! Hope you're having a great Monday and start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your dining set! And how awesome coming home after a long week to fresh groceries! Go mom!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. You definitely kept busy this weekend and got a lot done! And you are so lucky to get a bit ahead on your blog posts... I'm always flying by the seat of my pants because I never have time to get ahead! Haha. Have a great week, girl! P.S. I love your dining room! It's so pretty and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love! Everything looks so great and refreshed! Happy Monday! xo (Love your Mama btw! haha)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will have to try the cinnamon almond milk macchiato. I love the mocha coconut milk one! (and the regular caramel one of course) So sweet of your mom to help you do some cleaning! Your plants look so pretty. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun weekend with your mom! We ended up shopping for plants in the rain on Sunday too. Not ideal, but like you said, there were lots of people doing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How nice that your mom was able to come to help with spring clean! Your flowers look so pretty. And that cinnamon almond milk macchiato sounds SO delicious! I need to try that the next time I'm at Starbucks. Happy Monday!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooray for getting some spring cleaning done! I'm so addicted to that cinnamon almond milk macchiato too, and I could drink it all day, every day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your spring setup looks so cute & I'm really jealous you're done with spring cleaning - I need to get on that! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  18. The decor in your dining area looks so pretty! Sounds you and your mom were super productive this weekend and of course Spring cleaning is much needed sometimes even though it feels like a hassle to get started. I've been slowly trying to get our house fully "spring cleaned" on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to do a major Spring cleaning on my house too. I have been cleaning and purging a bit, but I need a deep clean in my house. Love your house. It looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete