Friday, April 28, 2017

Friday Favorites

Yay for Friday!  I realize I have been saying this a lot lately, but it's so true.  The weeks have been long lately and I am glad for the weekend.  So I am just going to start off my favorites with that!


1.  Friday.  Enough said.  

2.  Andrea's Pulled Pork.  This is such a great crockpot meal!  Perfect for those days when you are busy and want something that can be ready in a snap when you get home.  Also, the great thing about this is you can use whatever sauce you like, or even have it without the sauce if you prefer.  It makes great leftovers, too.  I know what I will be eating on this weekend!


3.  Work anniversary.  I celebrated 7 years at my company this month.  I think that is pretty neat.  If you think back 7 years, you will remember it wasn't a great time for graduates / new hires.  I had a summer internship after college, which was project based, so I knew that a full time job wasn't in the works.  Fortunately, I was able to get on with an agency that did temp-to-hire programs.  So I actually started at my current company as a temp and then was hired on in April of 2010.  Some days are really great and some days just really stink, but either way I am definitely thankful for the job I have and the company I work for!  

4.  Girl Chat.  I am getting ahead of myself here, but our Girl Chat link up for next month (May 11th) is all about favorite make up / beauty products.  For some reason this has me really excited and I can't wait to share my favorites, and read about all yours.  I hope there are a few mask recommendations thrown in there, because I would love a new one to alternate with my go-to, Kiehl's Deep Pore Cleansing Masque.  Seriously, this is my favorite - so much so that my very second blog post was on it!


5.  FaceTime.  I know this has been a favorite before, but it is going to be one again.  Wednesday was one of those blah days.  Long day, work was tough - just one of those days.  I had just gotten home, catching up on some insta stories, when my phone starts ringing and it's my brother FaceTiming me.  It was like he knew that I needed a little pick me up right then.  I got to catch up with him and see Jack - both great things!  Usually if we FaceTime it is on the weekend, so this was a really nice, unexpected surprise and I am just thankful that he thinks to do that!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.    

16 comments:

  1. Yes to Friday being the #1 favorite!!! And I've got to remember to participate in Girl Chat this year because you know I love make up! Have a happy Friday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made Andrea's Pulled Pork for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it! I love how easy it is to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 7 years! And I need to try that pulled pork, it sounds amazing! And yayyy for girl chat next month!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 7 years at your job! It's the best when someone calls you just at the right time- it can really make such a difference in your day. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday! That is really awesome for you to have been at your job for 7 years. That doesn't seem too common these days. It's great to have a job that you love! And I hear you on FaceTime. Sometimes you just gotta see the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Friday!! It's been a week here for sure, and Friday is definitely a major favorite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, 7 years is something to be proud of for sure! I'm hoping to join in girl chat this week, but today I shared about my favorite mascara...a little premature on that one. Love Andrea and Shay's recipes! We had something from Eats this week as well. :) Have a happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, congrats on 7 years at your job! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Facetime is just the best-it is so amazing how we are able to keep in touch with people through technology. Congrats on 7 years at your company, that is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Check out BeautyCounter's new masks, they are AMAZING and safe!! Don't you love when you're having a rough day and something unexpected & happy happens?! I'm sure Jack totally turned it around for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy work anniversary, that's huge! That pulled pork looks delish! I'm making something similar this week, and can't wait! Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on 7 years, that is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been wanting to try Andrea's pulled pork recipe for a long time. I guess I just need to go ahead and do it! And happy seven year anniversary at your job! That's so great that you love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that pulled pork looks SO good! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Facetime too! It's so much fun to be able to see family and friends, even when they're miles away! And congrats on your work anniversary! There's not too many people our age that can say that they've worked at a company for that long!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on hitting 7 years at your job!! The pulled pork recipe looks delicious! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete